Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 278 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_imageRush	2022 LZ	2020 GNR	2020 Beatles	2018 Imdn	2018 Aerosmith	2017 Alice Cooper	2017 Kiss	2015 Metallica	2013 AcDc	201
    psb (resized).jpg
    7FBCFDDF-0124-49E4-BE49-72DC6375191E (resized).jpeg
    41098759-7CBA-4EF8-BE8B-BC55D9D8CB12 (resized).jpeg
    Petty (resized).jpg
    WILLY (resized).jpg
    ELO (resized).JPG
    Accept (resized).jpg
    Thin_Lizzy_-1983 (resized).jpg
    NW.gif
    vRpnRYDyBF4bSQyYGoFS29-1200-80 (resized).jpg
    wendy (resized).png
    WOW_GrammyADBackbend_Carousel4 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    2ECEE0C2-DFF8-449C-AA60-4C8E9FA7C314 (resized).jpeg
    FC21B9D7-08D9-457D-BE39-4407A0834B43 (resized).jpeg

There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.
    #201 2 years ago

No mention of Thin Lizzy until now.

Thin_Lizzy_-1983 (resized).jpgThin_Lizzy_-1983 (resized).jpg
    #202 2 years ago

My wife would make me buy a Queen Le

#203 2 years ago

Daft Punk.

OK, debatable whether that would still qualify as a band pin, but could be an interesting one and give quite creative options from a music and gameplay integration/interaction perspective.

It can be as simple as hitting targets that play the right samples for the current song (could bring in timing as well to make it harder) and get more complex by stacking modes to create mashups/remixes.

#206 2 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

Discussion: How many more band pins are left? Rush is a legendary band but where is the cut off? Some people are saying that Rush is the "bottom of the barrel" when it comes to bands with the "legend" status. We have the best of the best in ACDC, LZ, Kiss, Elvis, Beatles, Rolling Stones, G&R, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Alice Cooper, and Aerosmith.
    I can only think of about 5 more "legend" bands left: Black Sabaoth, Pink Floyd, U2, Queen, and The Who.
    Honorable Mentions: Foo Fighters, Eagles, Nirvana, Greenday, and Lynyrd Skynyrd. (I may not agree but I can respect these bands popularity)
    If we get through the remaining legends do we see "The Cars" or "Chicago" pins?
    Just throwing this out there because I am very happy to see the Rush fans having a riot. I am realizing that if I hold out long enough, my favorite band (The Cars) might have a pin released if they keep turning out band pins.
    [quoted image]

How can you be from Iowa and leave out Iowa’s finest and mega international sensation? Slipknot.

#207 2 years ago

I'd be all in on:
    Grateful Dead
    Ministry
    And a redo of Primus on a layout that doesn't suck.

#208 2 years ago
    Quoted from rwmech5:

My wife would make me buy a Queen Le

But would you get the one coming from Pinball Brothers? Because that's gonna be your only option.

#209 2 years ago
    Quoted from gliebig:

And a redo of Primus

I love the idea of there being multiple Primus pins. Why not?!?

#210 2 years ago
    Quoted from StoneyCreek:

I completely agree with you on that, I am a huge petty fan, I've even played a whole Petty set at a couple of gigs. Problem is, and this is speculation since they did actually reach a settlement, his daughters and his widow clearly have differing views on how to protect his legacy.
    Rolling Stone in 2019:
    "The estate disagreement reportedly impacted the release of the posthumous collection An American Treasure and scuttled a planned 25th anniversary edition of Petty’s acclaimed 1994 album Wildflowers; the status of that box set reissue remains unknown."
    I don't hold much hope on this one.

Fair enough, but the Wildflowers box set came out in 2020: https://www.amazon.com/Wildflowers-All-Rest-Deluxe-CD/dp/B08G5FLGGW/
    So hopefully they've figured out how to move forward...

#211 2 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

No mention of Thin Lizzy until now.[quoted image]

This will never happen but I'd be in for sure but not this final line up in you pic. Got to have the classic line up of Lynott, Robertson, Gorham and Downie. They are truly one of the most under rated bands ever. It would be great pinball music!

#212 2 years ago
    Quoted from ghostbc:

This will never happen but I'd be in for sure but not this final line up in you pic. Got to have the classic line up of Lynott, Robertson, Gorham and Downie. They are truly one of the most under rated bands ever. It would be great pinball music!

Great line up and IMO Robertson was also Motörhead's best guitarist.

#213 2 years ago

They need to come out with a game that is not about a band but a gendre. Mix it up with different bands. Thats why big lebowski is great. The theme can be whatever as long as its not putting some band together. Pretty much a pinball game with a great soundtrack. Why pigion hole themselves with one specific band?

#214 2 years ago
    Quoted from Viggin900:

Why pigion hole themselves with one specific band?

Licensing 1 group vs multiple

#215 2 years ago

Will never happen , but full of energy:

ACCEPT

Funny but outsch at 1:19

Balls to the wall-Multiball...

Translite suggestion

Accept (resized).jpgAccept (resized).jpg
    #216 2 years ago

I'd like to see ABBA. Or Queen, Lynard, Hank Williams...

Really. Any disco or funk or something would be fun. Pinball is so 70s and retro. So much more to explore. And Country too... Is there any Country band/artist pinball other than Dolly?

#217 2 years ago
    Quoted from Luk3:

Really. Any disco or funk or something would be fun. Pinball is so 70s and retro. So much more to explore. And Country too... Is there any Country band/artist pinball other than Dolly?

Queen is coming this year. But it's likely not the Queen machine you were hoping for.

Sadly, you'll never see the others. (But how about the new ABBA record, eh?)

#218 2 years ago
    Quoted from Luk3:

Roy Clark

#219 2 years ago

The Dead. YESSSSS!

#220 2 years ago

Any of these..to get away from hair metal for a bit...

ELO (resized).JPGELO (resized).JPGPetty (resized).jpgPetty (resized).jpgWILLY (resized).jpgWILLY (resized).jpg
    #221 2 years ago
    Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Any of these..to get away from hair metal for a bit...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm telling you...there are more of us ELO fans than most people realize.

#222 2 years ago

Parliament Funkadelic would make an amazing pin. There's a whole mythology around their music complete with villains that would make it so easy to match their songs to an engaging pin. Instead of some lame concert theme you would embark on an intergalactic mission to discover the Funk and save the Universe, battling Dr. Funkenstein and Sir Nose D'voidofunk along the way. I'm picturing a Mothership toy that you have to raise from the playfield. Making the Mothership Connection starts a mode (swing down sweet chariot stop and let me ride). Clones of Dr Funkenstein Multiball, completing whatever objective "clones" the ball (i.e. add-a-ball). Flashlight multiball activates the strobes a la AFM. Eventually you get We Want the Funk Wizard mode and tear the roof off the mother sucker! I'd sell a kidney for an LE.

#223 2 years ago

Heres a sampling of artists worldwide sales totals, can only find U S. Sales for the Cars.
    In Millions.
    The WHO 100
    Deep Purple 100
    Genesis 100
    Def Leppard 100
    Prince 100
    Journey 80
    Van Halen 75+
    Black Sabbath 70
    The Police 70
    OZZY solo 51
    Judas Priest 50
    Foreigner 50
    Alice Cooper 50
    ELO 50
    STYX 45
    Uriah Heep 40
    Blondie 40
    Megadeth 38
    Pat Benatar 35
    YES 30
    Jimi Hendrix 30
    Rainbow 30
    Eddie Money 28
    Blue Öyster Cult 25
    The Temtations 22
    DIO solo 20
    Cheap Trick 20
    Slayer 20
    UFO 20
    Thin Lizzy 19
    Motörhead 15
    George Thorogood 15
    Saxon 15
    Testament 14
    Triumph 13-15
    The Cars 25 in the U.S.
    Sex Pistols 1.5 million

And of course Queen 150+ and Pink Floyd a mindboggling 250+

#224 2 years ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

Heres a sampling of artists worldwide sales totals, can only find U S. Sales for the Cars.
    In Millions.
    The WHO 100
    Genesis 100
    Prince 100
    Journey 80
    Van Halen 75+
    Black Sabbath 70
    The Police 70
    Judas Priest 50
    ELO 50
    STYX 45
    Blondie 40
    Megadeth 38
    YES 30
    Jimi Hendrix 30
    BÖC 25
    The Temtations 22
    DIO solo 20
    Slayer 20
    Motörhead 15
    George Thorogood 15
    Testament 14
    The Cars 25 in the U.S.
    Sex Pistols 1.5 million

Am I wrong, or does only ONE of those bands have a pin (Who)?
    I'd be down with a Police, U2 or Hendrix for sure. why is U2 not on the list?

#225 2 years ago

Look up Jaz Colmans thoughts on U2.

#226 2 years ago

There are 3 ?? Pins with WHO content, but No real WHO band pin.

Tommy is based on the Broadway Musical adaptation.
    Wizard is based on Tommy Film
    Elton John is based on the Tommy Film.

No Quadrophenia, no Who's Next, no Who Are You, no Who By Numbers or pre Tommy hits.

As a WHO maniac, I want a RUSH style pin encompassing thier whole career.

#227 2 years ago
    Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Am I wrong, or does only ONE of those bands have a pin (Who)?

The Who doesn't have a pin, the Broadway play does, big diff'rence.

Quoted from gonzo73:

Look up Jaz Colmans thoughts on U2.

Ha, Jaz is such a douche.

#228 2 years ago

Well.. Jaz is infinitely entertaining.
    Look up his thoughts on Bob Geldof, you will die laughing.

#229 2 years ago

Right Said Fred

#230 2 years ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

Right Said Fred

I'm too sexy for that suggestion!

#231 2 years ago

The Ramones didn't sell the most records, aren't the most popular but are the most influential band in the last 45 years.

#232 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyd044:

The Ramones didn't sell the most records, aren't the most popular but are the most influential band in the last 45 years.

#233 2 years ago

The ONLY Ramones certification was in 2014, the debut album after 40 years finally made GOLD. 500, 000.

For comparison....Van Halen 1 was certified GOLD after 3 months of release may 1978.
    Platinum in October 78.
    Now VH 1 is Diamond + 15 million.

I think Edward and the boys were a touch more influential.
    Ramones are good though.

#234 2 years ago

I dont know why you think record sales = influence; but I think we're all sick of that internet discussion

#235 2 years ago

ELO was what was always playing at my local arcade when I was a kid. The space theme would work well. Pink Floyd would be my second choice.

#236 2 years ago

Mortal Sin best Metal Band Ever From Australia

#237 2 years ago

There are a few slot machines themed with singers and bands that don’t have a pin yet.
    Wouldn’t these all work as pin themes?

41098759-7CBA-4EF8-BE8B-BC55D9D8CB12 (resized).jpeg41098759-7CBA-4EF8-BE8B-BC55D9D8CB12 (resized).jpeg
    #238 2 years ago

would take zz top but hopefully the early stuff.

#239 2 years ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

In Millions.
    The WHO 100
    Deep Purple 100
    Genesis 100
    Def Leppard 100
    Prince 100
    Journey 80
    Van Halen 75+
    Black Sabbath 70
    The Police 70
    OZZY solo 51
    Judas Priest 50
    Foreigner 50
    Alice Cooper 50
    ELO 50
    STYX 45
    Uriah Heep 40
    Blondie 40
    Megadeth 38
    Pat Benatar 35
    YES 30
    Jimi Hendrix 30
    Rainbow 30
    Eddie Money 28
    Blue Öyster Cult 25
    The Temtations 22
    DIO solo 20
    Cheap Trick 20
    Slayer 20
    UFO 20
    Thin Lizzy 19
    Motörhead 15
    George Thorogood 15
    Saxon 15
    Testament 14
    Triumph 13-15
    The Cars 25 in the U.S.
    Sex Pistols 1.5 million

Not sure where you find your list my man but....

"The Eagles are one of the world's best-selling bands, having sold more than 200 million records, including 100 million sold in US alone. They were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998 and were ranked number 75 on Rolling Stone's 2004 list of the "100 Greatest Artists of All Time"."

So they would be at the top of your list.

And probably one of the best ones to make a pin for.

The hotel as the main toy. A Fast Lane on one side, Desperado on the other. And that's 1 minute of thoughts.

#240 2 years ago
    Quoted from DazedandConfused:

ELO was what was always playing at my local arcade when I was a kid. The space theme would work well. Pink Floyd would be my second choice.

I don't know who you are, but I think I love you.

#241 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ecw0930:

The Eagles … So they would be at the top of your list. And probably one of the best ones to make a pin for.

7FBCFDDF-0124-49E4-BE49-72DC6375191E (resized).jpeg7FBCFDDF-0124-49E4-BE49-72DC6375191E (resized).jpeg

#242 2 years ago

I would think the Eagles would be done to tap into the country music market.
    No thanks

#243 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

I would think the Eagles would be done to tap into the country music market. No thanks

If they want to tap that market they could do a pin using full-blown country covers of Eagles songs -- tons of them out there and they're usually even worse than the originals. Would be cheaper than licensing the Eagles, and they wouldn't have to deal with Don Henley.

#244 2 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

If they want to tap that market they could do a pin using full-blown country covers of Eagles songs -- tons of them out there and they're usually even worse than the originals....

More country and worse than the Eagles? Fuck man...terrifying.

#245 2 years ago

Erased.

#246 2 years ago

Never mind.. it's just my list....
    I dont care for u2 or the Chickens.......err Eagles.

#247 2 years ago

Lots of good suggestions in this thread. Many are bands I like, many are bands that sold millions of records, many are hugely influential; that said, these are the only top REALISTIC contenders that have the most potential for an exciting pinball machine (for example:it’s been stated Eagles, Petty and Pink Floyd are top sellers/influential, but the machines sounds like the biggest potential snoozers IMHO).

Van Halen
    Black Sabbath
    David Bowie
    Prince
    The Who (as stated, never got an actual pin of their own)
    Queen (I know, Pinball Brothers; but it isn’t out yet)
    Motley Crüe

Many others can be debated, but I think that’s a realistic top 7 with Pink Floyd as the Wild Card.

Just my $0.02

#248 2 years ago

After seeing how much hate fish tales got in the worst music for pinball thread a couple years ago, I don't think country music would go over very well. Also, roadshow gets a lot of hate for the country yodeling after you get a jackpot.

#249 2 years ago

How about we avoid all this contention and not do another band pin.

#250 2 years ago

How about we avoid all this contention and not do another band pin.

Music pins are the music toothbrush for adults, if you want the experience just put on Spotify or your music collection instead of dropping thousands of dollars on a piece of wood with band members faces plastered allover the place.

There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/popular-band-pins-how-many-are-left/page/5?hl=dazedandconfused and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.