Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 278 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_imageRush	2022 LZ	2020 GNR	2020 Beatles	2018 Imdn	2018 Aerosmith	2017 Alice Cooper	2017 Kiss	2015 Metallica	2013 AcDc	201
    psb (resized).jpg
    7FBCFDDF-0124-49E4-BE49-72DC6375191E (resized).jpeg
    41098759-7CBA-4EF8-BE8B-BC55D9D8CB12 (resized).jpeg
    Petty (resized).jpg
    WILLY (resized).jpg
    ELO (resized).JPG
    Accept (resized).jpg
    Thin_Lizzy_-1983 (resized).jpg
    NW.gif
    vRpnRYDyBF4bSQyYGoFS29-1200-80 (resized).jpg
    wendy (resized).png
    WOW_GrammyADBackbend_Carousel4 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    2ECEE0C2-DFF8-449C-AA60-4C8E9FA7C314 (resized).jpeg
    FC21B9D7-08D9-457D-BE39-4407A0834B43 (resized).jpeg
    There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.
    #151 2 years ago

Now that the Maiden and Rush guys got theirs, it’s time to start ringing that creepy ass bell that started it all.

C8E7616B-1FF6-497F-80FE-32F2A253168A (resized).jpegC8E7616B-1FF6-497F-80FE-32F2A253168A (resized).jpeg
    #152 2 years ago

Dirty Donny Ramones, throwback design

Megadeth has some cool imagery too for a Maiden type pin

#153 2 years ago

How about no more unimaginative, repetitive band pins ever again. . . or, Beach Boys, Abba, Boys to Men, Jonas Brothers. The Archies? Ha haha. The Monkees? The Banana Splits? (You could have an evil mode for the Banana Splits based on that awful horror flick produced by the sci-fi channel that all of five people watched)

#154 2 years ago
    Quoted from Triplecdad:

(You could have an evil mode for the Banana Splits based on that awful horror flick produced by the sci-fi channel that all of five people watched)

6!

#155 2 years ago

Quoted from Triplecdad: The Banana Splits? (You could have an evil mode for the Banana Splits based on that awful horror flick produced by the sci-fi channel that all of five people watched)

7 and 8 for me and my kid

#156 2 years ago

“four bananas make a bunch and so do many more”
    My good friend can actually sing the entire theme song, but only when intoxicated.

#157 2 years ago

Scratch Maroon 5 off the list and take out bands with pins already made, and you're looking at 4 titles:

Eagles
    Queen
    Pink Floyd
    U2

Of these, I think Eagles would be a snoozer (unless maybe a Hotel California vibe), but the other 3 have potential.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#158 2 years ago
    Quoted from parksr5:

Would never happen but, Tenacious D would make a great pin.

That would rock. So hard. Rocket Sauce Multiball!

It's on my short list of possible rethemes, after I get caught up on all my other projects... (so, you're probably right, never)

#159 2 years ago

Tool ..artwork would be awesome!.. but definitely Sabbath first!

#160 2 years ago
    Quoted from Triplecdad:

The Banana Splits? (You could have an evil mode for the Banana Splits based on that awful horror flick produced by the sci-fi channel that all of five people watched)

or this:

Quoted from Triplecdad:

“four bananas make a bunch and so do many more”
    My good friend can actually sing the entire theme song, but only when intoxicated.

Flipping like a pancake, popping like a cork... yep I still got it covered too.

#161 2 years ago

The Who, Grateful Dead, Def Leppard, Bruce Springsteen and the E street band, CCR, Boston, Deep Purple, Ramones, Fleetwood Mac, Journey, Pearl Jam, The Eagles, Van Halen, The Kinks, Lynard Skynard, R.E.M., U2, The Doors, The Clash, Black Sabbath, Foreigner, The Police, Motley Crue, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Killers, Nirvana, Soundgarden, White snake, Slayer, White Stripes, Rage against the machine, Green Day, and many more I'm sure I'm not even thinking of.

I get it. Rock pins aren't my favorite either...but they have a large audience, they go hand-in-hand with pinball, and from what I understand the licenses are on the cheaper side. I wouldn't expect them to go away any time soon.

#162 2 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

The Who, Grateful Dead, Def Leppard, Bruce Springsteen and the E street band, CCR, Boston, Deep Purple, Ramones, Fleetwood Mac, Journey, Pearl Jam, The Eagles, Van Halen, The Kinks, Lynard Skynard, R.E.M., U2, The Doors, The Clash, Black Sabbath, Foreigner, The Police, Motley Crue, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Killers, Nirvana, Soundgarden, White snake, Slayer, White Stripes, Rage against the machine, Green Day, and many more ...

SOLD! When are they shipping!

#163 2 years ago
    Quoted from parksr5:

Joe Walsh

nice!

#164 2 years ago

It would have to be a group you could have fun with. Something lighthearted. The Monkees fit that.

#165 2 years ago
    Quoted from rdawsoniii:

It would have to be a group you could have fun with. Something lighthearted. The Monkees fit that.

Plus a lot of material for the LCD and callouts

#166 2 years ago

Grateful Dead for the win!

#167 2 years ago

Pearl Jam (would never agree to it)
    Pink Floyd (not my top 10 but thoughts of destroying a wall are appealing)
    Linkin Park (not big enough)

#168 2 years ago

How about Everclear?

3C792005-8424-4D2A-96EE-6CB3B38CE135 (resized).jpeg3C792005-8424-4D2A-96EE-6CB3B38CE135 (resized).jpeg
    #169 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinPickle:

Pearl Jam (would never agree to it)

I think you misunderstand how licencing works. Not always but MOST times the artist has little to NO say in what gets licenced and what doesn't. This is all left up to their agents to handle.

I find it humorous to read peoples comments "XX would never allow it" or "ZZ would ask too much money" etc etc.

In almost all cases the bands have nothing to do with the promotion and licencing of their brand.

#170 2 years ago
    Quoted from pins4u:

I think you misunderstand how licencing works. Not always but MOST times the artist has little to NO say in what gets licenced and what doesn't. This is all left up to their agents to handle.
    I find it humorous to read peoples comments "XX would never allow it" or "ZZ would ask too much money" etc etc.
    In almost all cases the bands have nothing to do with the promotion and licencing of their brand.

That’s very interesting. I didn’t know that. Similar (on a lesser scale) to U2 I would have thought they had full control. I find it hard to believe that band like that would have nothing to do with promotion of their brand.

If I think of band pins…

Beatles… diluted interest rights, but still willing to share with fans
    Metallica:willing to share
    Kiss: whores
    Zep: same
    Aerosmith: same
    GnR: same
    Stones: same and willing to share

Lots of great bands, no offense given but kiss sells coffins to make a buck. I believe PJ would have control over promotion. Universal does own rights so hopefully your right and one day I get a PJ pin.

#171 2 years ago

Hey Boys, make sure there are no female musicians on the list, OK?!

Anyone who wouldn't want Chrissie on a pin?

#172 2 years ago
    Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Anyone who wouldn't want Chrissie on a pin?

I had to look up who Chrissie was, and then still only knew one of the band’s songs. I’d wager a shiny nickel that many people here don’t think The Pretenders are in the upper echelon of bands worthy of a pin. Suzanna Hoffs would probably put more asses in seats if she were featured on a backglass.

#173 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

I had to look up who Chrissie was, and then still only knew one of the band’s songs. I’d wager a shiny nickel that many people here don’t think The Pretenders are in the upper echelon of bands worthy of a pin. Suzanna Hoffs would probably put more asses in seats if she were featured on a backglass.

So, no women then? I for one really love the sexuality that can be displayed on a translite.....give me a rocker! easy to be a naysayer, but who is your choice?

#174 2 years ago

Pretenders are the classic super famous well respected band i've never known anyone that listens to them.

#175 2 years ago
    Quoted from StoneyCreek:

So, no women then? I for one really love the sexuality that can be displayed on a translite.....give me a rocker! easy to be a naysayer, but who is your choice?

Hey man I’m with you. Girls singing and playing guitars make me weak at the knees. But outside of a time machine 1978 Runaways machine (!!) I just cant see it. And for the record I have 2 Pretenders albums, I think.

#176 2 years ago

I'll take a RUNAWAYS pin day one.
    Joan, Churie, Jackie, Lita, and Sandy.

20211214_134555 (resized).jpg20211214_134555 (resized).jpg

#177 2 years ago
    Quoted from gonzo73:

I'll take a RUNAWAYS pin day one.
    Joan, Churie, Jackie, Lita, and Sandy.
    [quoted image]

That would be so awesome to have a RUNAWAYS pin with a couple of Joan Jetts singles in it . I would definitely be in for the LE.
    The ladies on the translite would kick ass!

#178 2 years ago

Sheryl Crow, Gwen Stefani, ....hell even PINK would suffice.

#179 2 years ago
    Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Sheryl Crow, Gwen Stefani, ....hell even PINK would suffice.

Sounds like a women's clothing catalog would do the trick for you! What page are you at on the hub!

#180 2 years ago

Go-gos just hit HOF so maybe them.
    I cant think if anything worse than Gwen Stefani...well maybe Sheryl Crow

#181 2 years ago

Another Dolly, this time not the disco crap.

#182 2 years ago

The David Bowie estate just sold off their catalogue in a massive deal which could make licensing a possibility. I would love to see a Ziggy Stardust era pinball machine! Lots of possibilities with that license that could lend to a creative game.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/david-bowie-estate-songwriting-catalog-sale-1253155/

#183 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Sounds like a women's clothing catalog would do the trick for you! What page are you at on the hub!

Very funny! I'm down with all the music pins, just need some attractive back-glass. Tired of looking at 70-80 year old rockers. The GnR late-year concert videos are horror story.

#184 2 years ago

Wouldn't mind a Monterey Pop or Woodstock-themed pin. I'm sure licensing would be an absolute nightmare, but you involve so much music while also have modes based around the culture of the time.

#185 2 years ago
    Quoted from StoneyCreek:

Very funny! I'm down with all the music pins, just need some attractive back-glass. Tired of looking at 70-80 year old rockers. The GnR late-year concert videos are horror story.

I hear ya and agree that the women you listed are good looking.. I just can't see a gwen stephani pinball ever being of interest to me. Or sheryl crow, or pink. I don't know how you could get some eye candy on a translite in today's day and age.. tricky..

#186 2 years ago

Capn' Geech and the Shrimp Shack Shooters.

#187 2 years ago

Chick rockers just won’t work. The music needs to be there too… like 12 songs minimum that appeals to a pinball playing audience, and that disqualifies just about every female band in existence. It’s basically down to a Smashing Pumpkins pin with Darcy disproportionately featured on the BG over Corgan, Iha, and Chamberlain if you want a good music pin with a chick to look at.

Or again, I challenge anyone to find someone who has the same timeless beauty and also more musically successful than Susanna Hoffs. The Bangles are your chick band to beat for a worthy pin. Raise that bar if you can. Timeline of pics incoming…

2ECEE0C2-DFF8-449C-AA60-4C8E9FA7C314 (resized).jpeg2ECEE0C2-DFF8-449C-AA60-4C8E9FA7C314 (resized).jpeg
    FC21B9D7-08D9-457D-BE39-4407A0834B43 (resized).jpegFC21B9D7-08D9-457D-BE39-4407A0834B43 (resized).jpeg
    E9C19E56-3DA6-42AB-BCDD-95DF87961808 (resized).jpegE9C19E56-3DA6-42AB-BCDD-95DF87961808 (resized).jpeg

#188 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Chick rockers just won’t work. The music needs to be there too… like 12 songs minimum that appeals to a pinball playing audience, and that disqualifies just about every female band in existence. It’s basically down to a Smashing Pumpkins pin with Darcy disproportionately featured on the BG over Corgan, Iha, and Chamberlain if you want a good music pin with a chick to look at.
    Or again, I challenge anyone to find someone who has the same timeless beauty and also more musically successful than Susanna Hoffs. The Bangles are your chick band to beat for a worthy pin. Raise that bar if you can. Timeline of pics incoming…
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

The Donnas.

#189 2 years ago

Wendy O. Williams. Take my money.

WOW_GrammyADBackbend_Carousel4 (resized).jpgWOW_GrammyADBackbend_Carousel4 (resized).jpgwendy (resized).pngwendy (resized).pngvRpnRYDyBF4bSQyYGoFS29-1200-80 (resized).jpgvRpnRYDyBF4bSQyYGoFS29-1200-80 (resized).jpg
    #190 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Chick rockers just won’t work. The music needs to be there too… like 12 songs minimum that appeals to a pinball playing audience, and that disqualifies just about every female band in existence.
    Or again, I challenge anyone to find someone who has the same timeless beauty and also more musically

NW.gifNW.gif
    #191 2 years ago

I'm shocked no one brought up Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. In my opinion they are the best American Classic Rock band of all time. I challenge anyone to say they switch stations when a classic Petty song comes on. And their logo would be amazing across the middle of the playfield or backglass.

#192 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Smashing Pumpkins pin

Now that would suck.

#193 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]
    [quoted image]

If only Gal Godot had a band...

#194 2 years ago
    Quoted from hanford29:

I'm shocked no one brought up Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. In my opinion they are the best American Classic Rock band of all time. I challenge anyone to say they switch stations when a classic Petty song comes on. And their logo would be amazing across the middle of the playfield or backglass.

^^^this. won't happen unfortunately.

#195 2 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

Wendy O. Williams. Take my money.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Saw the Plasmatics play at the pier in NYC back in the day. She chainsawed a guitar in half, smashed a TV, and blew up a car...and all of this with electric tape on her nipples. Nearly 40 years later and I'm still stunned. Shame she offed herself. One-two-fuck-you! Best count-in ever.

#196 2 years ago

I can think of 3 I would have to buy- Van Halen, Motley Crue (Shout at the devil artwork would be bad ass), and Def Leopard.

Bands I would buy but I know they'd never make- Tesla, Linkin Park, Stryper (To Hell with the Devil LE!), Ratt, and Five Finger Death Punch.

#197 2 years ago
    Quoted from StoneyCreek:

^^^this. won't happen unfortunately.

Why not? Band pins sell, and Petty has to be top of the list of remaining big rock acts with broad appeal. I don't see why his estate would be opposed.

#198 2 years ago

Great idea! If only we knew how to get in touch with one of the guys in the band......

#199 2 years ago

A Taylor Swift pin would outsell anything. She just rerecorded all her albums with the exact same music and her fans are buying it in droves. Pinside would get a lot younger over night!

#200 2 years ago
    Quoted from westofrome:

Why not? Band pins sell, and Petty has to be top of the list of remaining big rock acts with broad appeal. I don't see why his estate would be opposed.

I completely agree with you on that, I am a huge petty fan, I've even played a whole Petty set at a couple of gigs. Problem is, and this is speculation since they did actually reach a settlement, his daughters and his widow clearly have differing views on how to protect his legacy.

Rolling Stone in 2019:
    "The estate disagreement reportedly impacted the release of the posthumous collection An American Treasure and scuttled a planned 25th anniversary edition of Petty’s acclaimed 1994 album Wildflowers; the status of that box set reissue remains unknown."

I don't hold much hope on this one.

There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/popular-band-pins-how-many-are-left/page/4?hl=pins4u and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.