Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 278 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_imageRush	2022 LZ	2020 GNR	2020 Beatles	2018 Imdn	2018 Aerosmith	2017 Alice Cooper	2017 Kiss	2015 Metallica	2013 AcDc	201
    psb (resized).jpg
    7FBCFDDF-0124-49E4-BE49-72DC6375191E (resized).jpeg
    41098759-7CBA-4EF8-BE8B-BC55D9D8CB12 (resized).jpeg
    Petty (resized).jpg
    WILLY (resized).jpg
    ELO (resized).JPG
    Accept (resized).jpg
    Thin_Lizzy_-1983 (resized).jpg
    NW.gif
    vRpnRYDyBF4bSQyYGoFS29-1200-80 (resized).jpg
    wendy (resized).png
    WOW_GrammyADBackbend_Carousel4 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    2ECEE0C2-DFF8-449C-AA60-4C8E9FA7C314 (resized).jpeg
    FC21B9D7-08D9-457D-BE39-4407A0834B43 (resized).jpeg
    There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.
    #101 2 years ago
    Quoted from dantebean:

How many more band pins are left?

It comes down to money. If the license is so expensive that a manufacturer has to sell 2,000 units to break even there are very few left. If your development costs are kept to a minimum and you can turn a profit on sales of 50 units there are many bands to choose from.

If a company comes out with a music module concept and loads software for the band of your choice they could spread the development cost out over multiple offerings.

Lots of ways this could go.

#102 2 years ago

99% of the bands mentioned in this thread obviously wouldn’t ever really be able to sustain a pinball machine. I do believe The Clash probably would though. If you’re not doing a band with a generations upon generations of fans like the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones ect., you have to find bands with extremely dedicated fan bases. The only bands I can immediately think of that fit into that category would be Rush, The Grateful Dead, and Insane Clown Posse. I’m into REO Speedwagon or whoever as much as the next guy but if that came out in pinball form it would be met with bewilderment and ridicule.

#103 2 years ago

If the rumors are true I can imagine that The Foo Fighters probably have enough buyers to make it worth making, but it just sounds so depressing.

#104 2 years ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

Hendrix Mic drop!!

When the Monkeys finished their first TV season, they went on tour and Hendrix would open for them on some dates.....how crazy is that.

#105 2 years ago
    Quoted from mooch:

[quoted image]

Hold up….are those beehive ball shooter assembles on their heads?

#106 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Anal Cunt
    Rotting Christ
    Corpsefucker
    WHEN STERN, WHEN?!

As a lifelong metal nut, I have to say none of those are really very good outside Rotting Christ which is fine. I'm sure you were kidding but had to comment
    Even a cannibal corpse pin wouldn't stand a chance (which again I know you were joking). I'm passionate about my music lol

#107 2 years ago
    Quoted from blastbeat:

As a lifelong metal nut, I have to say none of those are really very good outside Rotting Christ which is fine. I'm sure you were kidding but had to comment
    Even a cannibal corpse pin wouldn't stand a chance (which again I know you were joking). I'm passionate about my music lol

Gotta agree here, those bands are good for a few adolescent laughs but don't make albums that you really want to hear repeatedly.

(Though I'd definitely like to see how Stern would handle something like a "Hammer Smashed Face" wizard mode.)

However, I do like the idea of going a little "heavier" if there's going to be another Metal pin; I'd just pick a slightly more "serious" band like Emperor, Immortal, Morbid Angel, or Napalm Death (nice username BTW). Maybe someone will do Amon Amarth and give AP's Valhalla a little competition, lol.

On a completely different note, my 11 year-old is pining for a TwentyOne Pilots game.

#108 2 years ago
    Quoted from DerGoetz:

Obvious official Stern Mods:
    Syringe shooter rod
    Acoustic guitar kick out
    Earache logo bash toy
    Wheelchair topper

Don't forget the rainbow striped recycle can cause
    RECYCLING IS GAY
    Or the potters wheel bash toy cause
    POTTERY IS GAY
    Esp needed is the weightlifter dude from Dillinger Escape Plan bash toy cause
    ANYONE WHO LIKES DILLINGER ESCAPE PLAN IS GAY

#109 2 years ago

These are all songs by Anal Cunt ok? Not my views at all. I don't give a shit what you do behind closed doors. I care about how you treat your server at a restaurant.

#110 2 years ago

Seth Putnam was a goddamn national treasure. Miss that mf.

#111 2 years ago

Rancid sucks and the Clash sucked too.

#112 2 years ago
    XX_(Mushroom_head_album)_coverart (resized).pngXX_(Mushroom_head_album)_coverart (resized).png
    #113 2 years ago

I know all you posers would give your remaining nut for a Nickleback pin.

#114 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

LOL...I just spat out my dinner!

#115 2 years ago

I’m surprised so few people have mentioned The Grateful Dead. I know this is a subjective comment, but they are arguably America’s greatest rock band. Huge following. Yes, the songs aren’t metal or hard rock, but there are 10 great Dead songs that would work for a pin. Plus, the art and colors.

#116 2 years ago

MEGADETH has been rockin' hard for over 30 years.

Dave Mustaine & Co. have a die hard fan base and their music and artwork is perfect for a pin.

Somebody make it happen......Black Sabbath too please.

#117 2 years ago

Scorpions! Rock you like a hurricane opening chords when you push start!

Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 7.50.02 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-12-29 at 7.50.02 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-12-29 at 7.51.06 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-12-29 at 7.51.06 PM (resized).png
    #118 2 years ago

Butthole Surfers
    "The Shah sleeps in Lee Harvey's Grave" multi-ball
    plus
    DEVO and The Ramones both deserve licensing.

#119 2 years ago

A proper WHO pin would kick ass.

#120 2 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

The Rush fans did not take kindly to my suggestion.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #121 2 years ago
    Quoted from CheapTrick33:

I would kill for a Cheap Trick machine!!!

would dig this machine for sure. the first four studio records plus Budokan have plenty of playable songs. first choice for a metal pin would be the Hellacopters. would also be a complete sucker for a well executed punk pin -- X, Ramones, Social Distortion, Clash all have decent sized discographies. for grins and giggles -- Queens of the Stone Age (hit the nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol drop targets to light the extra ball!)

#122 2 years ago
    C1D4C217-DA79-483E-B7DB-A0D3085D37B7 (resized).jpegC1D4C217-DA79-483E-B7DB-A0D3085D37B7 (resized).jpeg
    #123 2 years ago
    Quoted from MajorDrainer:

MEGADETH has been rockin' hard for over 30 years.
    Dave Mustaine & Co. have a die hard fan base and their music and artwork is perfect for a pin.
    Somebody make it happen......Black Sabbath too please.

A Megadeth pin could definitely hang with Met, ACDC, and IMDN, and if really done right could surpass them all.

Unfortunately, Dave has always seemed to be a bit of a "moody artist" type and tends to take the music, the way it's played, and the way people hear it very seriously, so I think it's a little unpredictable how well he would respond to the idea of turning it all into a pinball game. He has always come across as being quite protective of the band's works, and I'm not sure he would be willing (or able) to cede the level of control and "artistic license" necessary in order for a pinball design team to build something great.

Here's hoping I'm wrong though!

I like the idea of Black Sabbath too, but I'm not sure what we are supposed to do about the visual assets. As great as they were musically, the artwork never really rose above mediocre levels(Heaven and Hell, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath), and at times was simply awful (Sabotage, Born Again).

#124 2 years ago

Lots of the bands mentioned would be cool to have but would never work in reality:

Journey - Steve Perry would have a huge problem with his voice being in the pin since he has been out of the band since the early 80s. They would have to re-record their songs with their new singer.

Pink Floyd - David Gilmour and Roger Waters hate each other and would never negotiate this license.

Hendrix - The Hendrix Estate is VERY protective of his music. A 2013 Hendrix Biopic had none of his original songs as the Estate refused to let the film feature any of his music except for his cover songs.

Beastie Boys - They disowned their earlier catalog so it would have to be Check Ya Head and later albums. I guess that could work but would it be the Beastie Boys pin everyone wants?

Rage Against The Machine - I guess it is possible but they have been pretty resolute in trying not to be labeled sell outs. I could be wrong.

Nirvana - I cannot see Courtney Love signing off on a Nirvana pinball machine and I doubt Grohl and the rest of the band cares enough to even try.

#125 2 years ago

Steve Perry left late 80s but agreed.

Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Beastie Boys - They disowned their earlier catalog so it would have to be Check Ya Head and later albums. I guess that could work but would it be the Beastie Boys pin everyone wants?

Wouldn't shock me but that's the era I can't stand.

#126 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Steve Perry left late 80s but agreed.

Wouldn't shock me but that's the era I can't stand.

Wow Steve was in Journey until 1998! I did not realize he was there that long.

#127 2 years ago

Rage Against The Machine - I guess it is possible but they have been pretty resolute in trying not to be labeled sell outs. I could be wrong.

They are charging around $150 minimum for a seat for their most recent tour and some tickets were 3 or 4x's that. I get it, cash in one last time, but that's also sell out behavior.

So maybe there's a chance

#128 2 years ago

Lots Left, would love to see something current.

#129 2 years ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

The Rush fans did not take kindly to my suggestion.[quoted image]

In the last week I’ve found people take their musical preferences very seriously on here.

#130 2 years ago

Springsteen.

#131 2 years ago

Lots of the bands mentioned would be cool to have but would never work in reality:
    Journey - Steve Perry would have a huge problem with his voice being in the pin since he has been out of the band since the early 80s. They would have to re-record their songs with their new singer.
    Pink Floyd - David Gilmour and Roger Waters hate each other and would never negotiate this license.
    Hendrix - The Hendrix Estate is VERY protective of his music. A 2013 Hendrix Biopic had none of his original songs as the Estate refused to let the film feature any of his music except for his cover songs.
    Nirvana - I cannot see Courtney Love signing off on a Nirvana pinball machine and I doubt Grohl and the rest of the band cares enough to even try.

Journey has a really good live album with the new singer which is much more lively than the studio tracks.

#132 2 years ago
    Quoted from Smack:

They are charging around $150 minimum for a seat for their most recent tour and some tickets were 3 or 4x's that. I get it, cash in one last time, but that's also sell out behavior.
    So maybe there's a chance

Thats the promoter charging the tickets. The band is going to get a set fee (unless they are bankrolling the tour themselves which is unlikely)

#133 2 years ago

Your opinions do not matter.

Having stated that, Transformers Pro is better than Transformers Prem/LE.

#134 2 years ago
    Quoted from jamieflowers:

Thats the promoter charging the tickets. The band is going to get a set fee (unless they are bankrolling the tour themselves which is unlikely)

You'd think this would be forefront in their minds to not milk their fans for someone else's expense but who knows.

I say this as a fan that had tickets to their Vancouver show but I refunded them. To much money held in purgatory.

#135 2 years ago
    233271510_615172556539535_9114472978626594958_n (resized).jpg233271510_615172556539535_9114472978626594958_n (resized).jpg
    #136 2 years ago

Next time you see me slap me for forgetting this Indy heavyweight
    WHERE THE FUCK IS MY CHRIST BEHEADED PIN GARY?

#137 2 years ago

See this is why my family unfriended me

#138 2 years ago

This should be easy if they want to make games that will sell.
    Look for huge tours that always sell out
    Queen / Adam
    U2
    Coldplay
    Eminem
    Foo fighters
    The list goes on and on.

#139 2 years ago

Some awful choices so Minnie Riperton shouldn't be a problem

#140 2 years ago

I'll second a Genesis pin, and I'll also throw in Madness and Slade, there's some pretty good stuff in their back catalogues too

#141 2 years ago

Too many...

#142 2 years ago

It was mostly just the song Fight For Your Right that they disowned. They still played other songs from those early albums live.

#143 2 years ago
    Quoted from blastbeat:

Not everyone likes grind but man I love Anal Cunt.
    Also Wormrot, AC×DC, Escuela, No Mas, etc.
    I'm actually a big AC fan. Never actually heard Corpsefucker lol...you nailed it...the joke always comes 1st.
    We need to have some beers next to my 500 watt speaker dude!

#144 2 years ago
    Quoted from shlt_thunder:

All sorts of bands still waiting for pins. Wilson-Phillips comes to mind.

Hold on for one more day!

5F7068E1-8960-416C-A058-8A223828BE7E (resized).jpeg5F7068E1-8960-416C-A058-8A223828BE7E (resized).jpeg
    #145 2 years ago

You’re in love multi ball

#146 2 years ago

Would never happen but, Tenacious D would make a great pin.

Hank Williams Jr.
    Skynyrd
    Joe Walsh
    Tom Petty
    ELO- they could do a lot with this one
    Mickey Gilley/Urban Cowboy/8 seconds
    Waylon Jennings
    Dukes of Hazzard- Would probably never happen & I'm getting off track

#147 2 years ago
    BTO (resized).jpgBTO (resized).jpgelo (resized).jpgelo (resized).jpghighres-fleetwood-mac-rumours_sq-bd15e71f50b6fbd94288a16014a69c8092ad9ff5 (resized).jpghighres-fleetwood-mac-rumours_sq-bd15e71f50b6fbd94288a16014a69c8092ad9ff5 (resized).jpg
    #148 2 years ago

Sex Pistols
    Dead Milkmen
    Violent Femmes
    The Smiths
    Depeche Mode
    New Order

Actually a New Wave game would be cool. Ready Player One or such with a nod to the 80s.

Seems JJP could do a good Monkees game or AP could tee up the Banana Splits pinball. Maybe Lancealot Link.

#149 2 years ago

Who do I gotta blow to get an Electric Light Orchestra pin?

Nobody. That's who. Because nobody wants a blow job from me and I'll probably just have to build the damn thing myself.

(As a consolation prize, I'd take a Queen pin. One that's not just live music. That's not orange. With good artwork. Yeah...I probably won't get that either.)

#150 2 years ago

There is only 1 left to do for me.

C5E66AEF-A348-44BF-9092-1E311A0652B5 (resized).jpegC5E66AEF-A348-44BF-9092-1E311A0652B5 (resized).jpeg
    There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/popular-band-pins-how-many-are-left/page/3?hl=raedwald and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.