Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 278 posts
  • 149 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_imageRush	2022 LZ	2020 GNR	2020 Beatles	2018 Imdn	2018 Aerosmith	2017 Alice Cooper	2017 Kiss	2015 Metallica	2013 AcDc	201
    psb (resized).jpg
    7FBCFDDF-0124-49E4-BE49-72DC6375191E (resized).jpeg
    41098759-7CBA-4EF8-BE8B-BC55D9D8CB12 (resized).jpeg
    Petty (resized).jpg
    WILLY (resized).jpg
    ELO (resized).JPG
    Accept (resized).jpg
    Thin_Lizzy_-1983 (resized).jpg
    NW.gif
    vRpnRYDyBF4bSQyYGoFS29-1200-80 (resized).jpg
    wendy (resized).png
    WOW_GrammyADBackbend_Carousel4 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    2ECEE0C2-DFF8-449C-AA60-4C8E9FA7C314 (resized).jpeg
    FC21B9D7-08D9-457D-BE39-4407A0834B43 (resized).jpeg
    There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.
    #51 2 years ago

Only a few come to mind as "legendary."
    I am not going on hopes and dreams. Too many people listing what they want and not what is in the realm of realistic.
    Van Halen
    Motley Crue
    Queen (I know its being done, I would rather it come from a mainstream company.)
    Also, and I reluctantly say this, Def Leppard.

Would I love a Black Sabbath, hell yeah. You give me a Tool pin that is dark and twisted and I'm all over it.
    Seems like bands from the 90s are ignored which leaves most suggestions from that era an improbable request. Now if someone gets some balls and drops a Nirvana, Pearl Jam, etc. and it takes off, then you open the doors to a whole new era of music pins. (Speaking of Doors, yes please.)

#52 2 years ago

Hopefully, not many more. I feel I had my fill after ACDC/Metallica.

The old adage "less is more" absolutely applies here.

#53 2 years ago

I’d be down with a pin from these guys

2CCC9DA6-94A3-43BC-A480-C557A6BEF71C (resized).jpeg2CCC9DA6-94A3-43BC-A480-C557A6BEF71C (resized).jpeg
    #54 2 years ago

The Clash

#55 2 years ago

I think Nine Inch Nails would make for a perfect pinball machine. They put on quite a show and that would translate well to pinball.

I personally would love to see an Alice in Chains machine, but I'm not sure about the mainstream appeal. Tons of great songs and interesting themes to integrate into the playfield like "Down in a hole," "Man in the Box," "Them Bones," and "Jar of Flies."

#56 2 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Judas Priest
    You've got another pinball coming
    LTG : )

Nailed this one⬆️

#57 2 years ago

Wierd Al. :p

#58 2 years ago

VAN HALEN

#59 2 years ago

I'm really bored of all music pins but I would play a Rammstein pin if they made one

#60 2 years ago

Slipknot!!!

Beer keg pop bumpers….pentagram drum set spinning…. Masks…. Corey MF Taylor vocals!!!!

#61 2 years ago

+1 for Motley Crue and the Beastie Boys

#62 2 years ago
    Quoted from onemilemore:

Muse please and thank you

Yes. If I could pick one music pin, this would be it. Not necessarily my favorite band but I think it would work great and I still do love their music, even if their latest albums have been a bit lacking. Granted I’m realizing I may be on the younger side of this hobby because most of these wishlist bands are from well before my time.

#63 2 years ago

Sabbath and Priest have a great catalog for pinball — no need to create a “band” pin.

#64 2 years ago

Misfits

#65 2 years ago

Yeah this is the only answer

Quoted from MikeS:

Hands down the most talented musician/singer/song-writer of my life-time with a giant catalogue of hits. And I don't think his Super Bowl halftime show will ever be beat.
    [quoted image]

#66 2 years ago

A combo pin!
    Black Sabbath Never Say Die World Tour 1978.
    With special Guest openers Van Halen!
    Yes this majic tour really happened.
    Madness!!

Black-Sabbath-Van-Halen-768x432 (resized).jpgBlack-Sabbath-Van-Halen-768x432 (resized).jpgVan Halen.1978 instore.groupshot.12-11 (resized).jpgVan Halen.1978 instore.groupshot.12-11 (resized).jpg
    #67 2 years ago

Definitely Mouse Rat

#68 2 years ago

U2

#69 2 years ago
    Quoted from chubtoad13:

Grateful Dead and Pink Floyd need pins along with dozens of other bands. We won’t ever see the end of band pins.

Both of those bands would be my #1 choice if I wanted to retheme an Atari Hercules.

#70 2 years ago
    49715BCB-07FD-4356-A205-E911CAFD13E0 (resized).jpeg49715BCB-07FD-4356-A205-E911CAFD13E0 (resized).jpeg
    #72 2 years ago
    Quoted from UCFKnight71:

I think Nine Inch Nails would make for a perfect pinball machine. They put on quite a show and that would translate well to pinball.

100% agree. Their art direction and visuals are amazing and have a lot of up tempo and heavy music that would work great in a pin.

Tool was mentioned, and as much as I'm a HUGE fan I just don't see it translating into a good pinball experience. At least not with most of the material from Lateralus onwards where track times get pretty long. Having said that give me a "Chocolate Chip Trip" 6 ball multiball to jam on as a mini wizard mode and my head might explode.

#74 2 years ago

To address the OP I feel the question is flawed. How many popular bands are left? To whom? This is a sliding window, as time moves forward so too does this window.

Most of the modern music based pins are of bands that formed in the 60's/70's with a few from the 80's. Inevitably this would push into the 90's if trend to build music pins continues.

Here's a question, will we see a Country music pin? I'm not a fan at all of the genre but there certainly is a popularity there across many demographics.

#75 2 years ago

I’ll keep saying it, The Replacements.

C343D49D-C498-46AC-AD33-4E6B4BCF29BC (resized).jpegC343D49D-C498-46AC-AD33-4E6B4BCF29BC (resized).jpeg
    #76 2 years ago

Barenaked ladies

#77 2 years ago

Rage Against The Machine
    N.W.A
    Motley Crue
    Beastie Boys
    Motörhead
    Beach Boys

I’d buy ANY of those!

#78 2 years ago
    Quoted from RabanzZ28:

Slipknot!!!
    Beer keg pop bumpers….pentagram drum set spinning…. Masks…. Corey MF Taylor vocals!!!!

9 Balls installed
    Wizard Mode would be called Marlon Brando’s Eyes
    The sound package alone would be incredible

0F301821-EBC6-469B-862A-060C7E85EEA6.gif0F301821-EBC6-469B-862A-060C7E85EEA6.gif
    #79 2 years ago

HEART and THE GO GO's ... wait sorry Stern doesn't do Boobs anymore !

#80 2 years ago

What no love for Deep Purple,plenty of great songs to base a pinball on.

#81 2 years ago

#82 2 years ago

I'm in for an LE on the Scorpions!

#83 2 years ago

Here's a few..

Asia
    Bad Company
    Beach Boys
    Billy Joel
    Bob Seger
    Bon Jovi
    Boston
    Bruce Springsteen
    The Cars
    Collective Soul
    Creedence Clearwater Revival
    Def Leppard
    Dire Straits
    Dobbie Brothers
    The Eagles
    Foreigner
    Genesis
    Journey
    Kansas
    Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Phil Collins
    Pink Floyd
    The Police
    REO Speedwagon
    Rod Stewart
    Steely Dan
    Steve Miller Band
    Styx
    Supertramp
    Survivor
    U2
    Van Halen
    The Who
    Yes
    ZZ Top
    38 Special

we got years and years of rock band pinballs!!!

#84 2 years ago
    Quoted from DBP99:

Here's a few..
    Asia
    Bad Company
    Beach Boys
    Billy Joel
    Bob Seger
    Bon Jovi
    Boston
    Bruce Springsteen
    The Cars
    Collective Soul
    Creedence Clearwater Revival
    Def Leppard
    Dire Straits
    Dobbie Brothers
    The Eagles
    Foreigner
    Genesis
    Journey
    Kansas
    Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Phil Collins
    Pink Floyd
    The Police
    REO Speedwagon
    Rod Stewart
    Steely Dan
    Steve Miller Band
    Styx
    Supertramp
    Survivor
    U2
    Van Halen
    The Who
    Yes
    ZZ Top
    38 Special
    we got years and years of rock band pinballs!!!

I’ll take one of each!

#85 2 years ago

Obvious official Stern Mods:

Syringe shooter rod
    Acoustic guitar kick out
    Earache logo bash toy
    Wheelchair topper

#86 2 years ago

They need to recall all the Beatles pins, pretend like its release never happened, and then go back to the drawing board to do it right.

#87 2 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

They need to recall all the Beatles pins, pretend like its release never happened, and then go back to the drawing board to do it right.

Oh wouldn't that be nice!

Should be at least 20 songs deep and redesigned.

#88 2 years ago

Not a band pin, but a Rocky Horror Picture Show pin would be cool.

Slam dunk picks are defintely Queen and Van Halen.

#89 2 years ago

Any popular band formed in the mid-80s or later. Pink Floyd. Beach Boys.

#90 2 years ago

Few artists come to mind for me..Hendrix, BB King, Santana, SRV, and E. Clapton. Guess that you can say that I like my guitarists…also, perhaps a snoop dawg one, that’d be the shit!

#91 2 years ago

You can say all you want but a Jimmy Buffett pinball machine would sell

#92 2 years ago

How about.... SPOTIFY the PINBALL... and it has ALL THE MUSIC EVER MADE.

Eh??? eh???????

#93 2 years ago

I’m sure everyone in the Margaritaville developments would be interested.

#94 2 years ago

I suspect there will be a handful more classic rock pins and then we might get a few Country pins in the mix. I'm not a fan of country though I don't hate it either. It just seems like it would fit the target audience with money to burn better than rap, hip hop, pop, grunge, etc. Its been stated before that themes like Beavis and Butthead would be a good way to get a cool mix of bands into one pin.

#95 2 years ago

hopefully they make a boy band pin for all the pussies on here that hate on metallica, ac/dc, maiden, and rush.

#96 2 years ago

Rammstein. Would sell
    NiN
    Kmfdm

#97 2 years ago
    Quoted from usandthem:

Disagree completely, it is a great shooting, ridiculously addictive game to play; great flow and copious drop-targets, what's not to like?

The Beatles was almost like two separate bands, and it would be very hard to integrate both musical eras into one cohesive game. I think they chose the "red boxed set" years for the game because that's the era that really captured the popular imagination (and would sell more games).

I think most of us wished for a more lysergic interpretation of Beatles pinball with more "blue box" songs, but realistically a company like Stern was probably never going to go down this path as the appeal would be a lot more limited. Stern was aiming for greater popular awareness with this title, and the "sock-hop" pastel look of the game probably works a lot better for "lifestyle" retailers (Hammachler-Schlemmer, Sharper Image, etc.) than a brown acid freakout.

#98 2 years ago

Judas Priest has to be coming up after they saw how well Iron Maiden did. I mentioned Journey to my wife and her eyes lit up! Journey would do very well. They still have some of the most played songs in bars, they were huge with the generation that buys the most pinballs, it would appeal to more females, they already have a arcade game and plenty of great art, they have some great history even the new guy had a movie made about his life. Then again anything would do well now. I am surprised they don't make a Heavy Metal pin and let people download bands through the new connected feature. You could do 80s, Rap, Country, whatever and download a band pack for 1500 and have a game based on that band. DLC for your favorite, maybe new rules, new songs. They could sell a ton more stuff without having to build anything. Stern has been into virtual pinball for a while. They could do this with all sports as well. Have it come with generic playfield and you download your team as a DLC.

#99 2 years ago

I would kill for a Cheap Trick machine!!!

#100 2 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

hopefully they make a boy band pin for all the pussies on here that hate on metallica, ac/dc, maiden, and rush.

I hate 2 of those bands, so i guess that makes me a hermaphrodite. (okay, to be fair I don't hate them, I just can take or leave at this point).

There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/popular-band-pins-how-many-are-left/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.