You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Theater_of_Magic.jpg
ToM_exam.jpg
ToM_all_Led_d_with_BSD.jpg
#1 12 years ago

Thanks to a tip from fellow pinsider davewth, I discovered that there is a TOM about 5 minutes away from where I work. On the way home today I decided to swing by to check it out. I was half expecting it to be sitting in a corner neglected, but was shocked to find someone playing it when I arrived. Between me and a fellow pinhead friend who swung by we poured about 15 bucks into it. A few other people came up and played it while we there. Nice to see that pinball isn't dead after all!

Anyway, I liked the game a lot and can now see why there are so many mods available for it. It really lends itself to customization. I was surprised by how many satisfying shots it has and the chest makes for an excellent (if slightly overused) toy.

Makes me happy to know that there is a well regarded pin like TOM in the neighborhood. The only other machines in the area I've found to play are filth like IM and Avatar. Not exactly the sort of machines that keep you coming back for more.

Now if only someplace around here had an AFM...

#2 12 years ago

Great find, i would love to play one someday.

#3 12 years ago

Its a great game that ranks high on my fun-scale. Nice to hear that its still on route and being enjoyed.

#4 12 years ago

Nice find.

#5 12 years ago

One of my favorites and one that I hope to get for my collection some day. Hope you confine to enjoy it and that the owner keeps it up in good shape.

#6 12 years ago

ToM is a Good Pin,, It Sure is EyE Candy.. I Traded a Proto-type TZ (damit ) for a ToM .. It had some Led's installed , the Tiger Saw blade and Motor mod , X-tra Trunk ,, etc... I Love'd the Lady's voice... I traded it after a Month ( i have ADHD i guess ) I would have another tho ...
I Love Bally/William's ,, They Alway's used Women with the Nicest Breast's !!!
ToM_all_Led_d_with_BSD.jpgToM_all_Led_d_with_BSD.jpg ToM_exam.jpgToM_exam.jpg Theater_of_Magic.jpgTheater_of_Magic.jpg

#7 12 years ago

Damn BR! Those LEDs really make it pop. I could definitely see myself adding this one to my collection in the not to distant future for the right price. All the mods really seem to enhance the game. Can't get over those LEDs though. Looks amazing with them!

#8 12 years ago

Try and see if they would sell it to you Jarjar alot of games on location are likely
for sale and you never know how long it will be there.

#9 12 years ago

Good point Mike! It was pretty well maintained and the cabinet was in good shape. There was a scuff on the playfield, but if it was priced right it might be worth it.

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Good point Mike! It was pretty well maintained and the cabinet was in good shape. There was a scuff on the playfield, but if it was priced right it might be worth it

You will never know until you ask

#11 12 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Good point Mike! It was pretty well maintained and the cabinet was in good shape. There was a scuff on the playfield, but if it was priced right it might be worth it.

There was a guy around here who bought a LOTR for 1700 bucks from an owner
of a pool hall at first i thought it was BS but it was true because the owner got
tired of the machine breaking down and kept placing out of order signs on it and
didnt want to keep spending money on repairs.Deals are out there i almost
fainted when i heard about it because i've been looking for one for awhile.

#12 12 years ago

I played it for the 1st time tonite as well . All was good until the ball kept getting stuck at the top right corner in the door and you had to really tilt it to release it. Really cool game.....while it was working okay. It was at a dive bar. I have been calling every where trying to find pins to play.

#13 12 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

There was a guy around here who bought a LOTR for 1700 bucks

Holy crap! That is one heck of a deal. I guess it just goes to show that it never hurts to ask.

Quoted from LabGuy:

I played it for the 1st time tonite as well . All was good until the ball kept getting stuck at the top right corner in the door and you had to really tilt it to release it. Really cool game.....while it was working okay. It was at a dive bar. I have been calling every where trying to find pins to play.

Glad you found one near you. Too bad it wasn't in optimal condition. Maybe you can offer to buy it for a great price and return it to it's former glory!

I know what you mean about hunting down pins. There was nothing on the Pinside map before I started adding locations a couple weeks ago. Now there are a whopping two, but at least it's a start. I know there are more out, it's just a matter of tracking them all down. Good luck with the hunt!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sandy Springs, GA
$ 38.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 33.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/popped-the-tom-cherry-tonight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.