6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by lou
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20171013_204715 (resized).jpg
    scoop-3 (resized).jpg
    scoop-2 (resized).jpg
    scoop-1 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

The scoop on my Popeye, like many others, is pretty beat up. I'm trying to fix it a bit, but I'm not sure what it originally looked like. Mine has some pretty big ball divots, a slot on one side (factory?), and is not really square - that is to say, the metal side of the scoop the goes to the bottom in one piece is twisted a about 5 degrees.

If anyone has pictures of a decent scoop they could post, it would be greatly appreciated.

Here's some pictures:

scoop-1 (resized).jpgscoop-1 (resized).jpg

scoop-2 (resized).jpgscoop-2 (resized).jpg

scoop-3 (resized).jpgscoop-3 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

The line drawing in the manual may help you.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

Thanks Lloyd that's a great idea. The manual doesn't show a slot on the scoop like I have in the last picture, yet that slot looks original, unless a new side was created and welded on...

#4 6 years ago

The pad is to keep the pin from coming out. I had to straighten it to remove it so I could Install a new gate flap.

20171013_204715 (resized).jpg20171013_204715 (resized).jpg

#5 6 years ago

Can you post a shot oriented like the first picture above.

Thanks greatly.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/popeye-scoop-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.