(Topic ID: 331681)

Popeye Saves the Earth - Fight Bluto ball stuck

By Spinach_Seeker

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20230217_181418 (resized).jpg
    20230221_184842 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

I had to lift my playfield to add a mod and afterwards if a ball goes in the "Fight Bluto" hole (when playing the game), it doesn't immediately come out, instead, it takes a good 10 seconds, the game knocks 3 or 4 times looking for a ball and finally comes down a ramp. Not sure what happened, the game still operates but not accurately. Any thoughts??

20230221_184842 (resized).jpg20230221_184842 (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

What was the mod? You either messed up a wire to the fight bluto switch or knocked the switch out of alignment

#3 1 year ago

Check the switch there something is wacky

#4 1 year ago

Just a light mod, alligator clips, i burnt the F109 fuse, but replaced that and GI lights work again, but still the knocking issue.

#5 1 year ago

I'm not sure but I think what you're describing as "the knocking issue" is what's called a ball search. When the game hasn't registered any switches being hit for a while it searches for the ball being stuck. If that's what you're describing it is correct behavior, with the root cause being the switch in the fight bluto hole not registering correctly.

#6 1 year ago

Yes, it's a search ball is whats happening. But it happens everytime it goes in this hole. Never did that before. Not sure if an easy fix or not??

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from Spinach_Seeker:

Yes, it's a search ball is whats happening. But it happens everytime it goes in this hole. Never did that before. Not sure if an easy fix or not??

I think when u add the light mod u hit one of the switches for the Center scoop because it doesn’t know the ball is in there

#8 1 year ago

Yes, it didn't do that before because the switch in the fight bluto hole was working correctly before you installed the mod. You did something that made it stop working, either knocked it out of alignment or disconnected a wire. It may be an easy fix but you have to open up the game again and examine the switch at the fight bluto hole

#9 1 year ago

Yes theres 4 switches there at that hole should be the first one before the kick out I think not sure but it’s one of them

#10 1 year ago

Ok thank you folks. If anyone has a tutorial let me know. I'm new to the scene and tinkering on my own (learning the hard way)

#11 1 year ago

Ok thank you folks. If anyone has a tutorial let me know. I'm new to the scene and tinkering on my own (learning the hard way)

Learning the hard way is the only way

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from Williampinball:

Yes theres 4 switches there at that hole should be the first one before the kick out I think not sure but it’s one of them

He's talking about the mode hole, not the multiball

#13 1 year ago

Oh ok my bad lol

#14 1 year ago

I wonder if this is the error? I attached a picture of the DMD screen when doing a test report.

20230217_181418 (resized).jpg20230217_181418 (resized).jpg
    #15 1 year ago

I wonder if this is the error? I attached a picture of the DMD screen when doing a test report.
    [quoted image]

Yes this happens oven too my also all u have too do too is but it in text switch and find switch 32 in the manual ,but that one is right popper push on that switch in test then get out from text mode,it will be gone but as I said my does this for all switches over time if you don’t use them it’s odd

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/popeye-saves-the-earth-flight-bluto-ball-stuck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.