622E9621-9FED-47BC-90D2-7DFB0609064F (resized).png
IMG_2767 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5319 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4047 (resized).jpeg
20230917_145016 (resized).jpg
20230917_154012 (resized).jpg
20230917_111937 (resized).jpg
20230917_111157 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Williampinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#643 2 years ago

Going too Pinfest this year ,I am looking for a Popeye

1 week later
#651 2 years ago

Looking too get back in the club pm me if you are selling ,can pick up at Pinfest this year

1 month later
#656 1 year ago

Will be back in the club again soon

1 month later
#657 1 year ago

Does anyone have a good used center scoop or NOS

1 week later
#661 1 year ago

I don't have my scoop out right now too take a pic of

4 weeks later
#665 1 year ago
Quoted from 03whtlightning:

Joining the club next week. It’s not really a machine I was looking for/interested in, but I couldn’t pass on the deal. I’ve watched some videos on the game play and it looks like it’s more fun then people give it credit for. We’ll see.

I have owned a few of them and doing a full restore inside and out right now on the one I am keeping great game all around

#667 1 year ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

I have had my Popeye for 12 years. Popeye was my first pinball machine. The music and call outs still make me smile.

Yes great fun game and music and call outs are great

#672 1 year ago

Welcome too the club great pin

#679 1 year ago
Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

The Popeye I'm getting does have the 3D Bluto head, but I heard that back when it first came out people complained it was hard to see where the ball was underneath Bluto so Williams made the 2D plastic version. I likely won't mind it, and I like the design of the 3D Bluto head anyway!
As for the cleats, or cleat since only one is missing, I'd have to measure how long it is but it looks like there are plenty of model boat cleats out there.

Yes I really like the 3D head ,I have it on my also looks way better anyways then the other one that's for sure

1 week later
#689 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Sailed through finding Swee'Pea four consecutive shots dead center last night in front of witnesses. It was pretty epic.

How sweet is that

1 month later
1 month later
#702 1 year ago

It might just be a switch ,check where the ball launch is sometimes they can be out a little bit put it in test switches and go from there first

#705 1 year ago
Quoted from Ktmat32:

Thanks so much guys, will start there and let you know. Appreciate the responses!

When checking the shooter lane switch use a ball because sometimes it will work with your fingers and not with the ball it self

#707 1 year ago
Quoted from Ktmat32:

It was a pretty simple wire adjustment, thanks again guys!

Great news always start with the switches if your machine can't find the ball

Happing flipping

2 months later
#716 1 year ago
Quoted from toefur:

Joined the club tonight with my first pin! Finally! So stoked!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome too the club great fun game for sure

1 week later
#726 1 year ago

Hi all my Popeye doing this ,when two balls are locked in the scoop and its waiting for the next ball too come out from the though it doesn't what it does it try's too find the ball and still doesn't could this be the opto on the ball though ?any ideas

#732 1 year ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Did you do all the usual things? Test all the switches and optos in the test menu associated with scoop and trough?

Yes I did took off the scoop found one switch wasn't working right changed that then worked great for the scoop I think but I do hear they are hard too dial in but when I checked the though it was acting up on text so I am thinking this could be it ,I don't have a new one yet too find out but I could take from my other machine too do a test that way

#733 1 year ago

I found out why, when 2 balls was locked in the scoop and the though wasn't kicking out the next ball ,when it happen I open the coin door and seen two balls in the though was hung up I really don't know why it shouldn't be but it was so I took it right out and I sanded down the though area where the balls go though ,clean it well put it back in and it seems too be working now it's been a odd one for sure

#734 1 year ago

Does anyone know why my launch ball button is flashing when playing a game sometimes or not sure if that what's should happen or not ? Thanks all for the help

#735 1 year ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

Does anyone know why my launch ball button is flashing when playing a game sometimes or not sure if that what's should happen or not ? Thanks all for the help

Bump does anyone know ?

#737 1 year ago
Quoted from dddanielll:

Your question is a bit confusing. When does it flash? During gameplay? Upon coin up? Only during ball launch?

It's flashes when launch as it should but it also flashes in game play but not all the time ? It's odd I am sure it shouldn't do that right ?

#738 1 year ago

It's flashes when launch as it should but it also flashes in game play but not all the time ? It's odd I am sure it shouldn't do that right ?

Anyone has any ideas why ?

#740 1 year ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Go into test mode. Check each insert and see if you have a light matrix issue. That is the first thing to check. P

K will check that first thanks

#741 1 year ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Go into test mode. Check each insert and see if you have a light matrix issue. That is the first thing to check. P

Checked all light inserts one by one all good I even moved the machine abit just too be sure it doesn't flash with one of the other lights but all good

#743 1 year ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

My first question is? Is your game slow during player change? Showing spiral swirl? Or does it seem normal?

No it seems normal

#746 1 year ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Ok, that helps. Pinball machines sometimes it is something simple or maybe not. Please check your shooter lane switch. Maybe sometimes it thinks there is a ball in shooter lane you can test switch in switch test mode. Also after that. With a cable tie, with electrical tape on the end like a flag. Take balls out. In the switch mode test your trough optos. It won’t hurt to wipe off your optos with q tip, also.

Ok I did check the shooter lane switch many times in test mode seems too be fine everytime but I thought maybe it could be the though optos so I ordered some too be sure it's not it or it is and them came in today so I will change them with new ones and let u know what I find out thanks for the help here cheers

#748 1 year ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Ok, check for loose wires or wires that may have fallen off. I would have replaced both sides emitter and receiver boards as it is updated boards. But yes that can fix it, too. Usually just emitter is weak.
[quoted image]

Yes I will replace both today and let u know ,great looking pin bud ,I restored my inside and out ,decals and all its coming along just have too find out why it's doing that now should know today thanks for the help

#749 1 year ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Ok, check for loose wires or wires that may have fallen off. I would have replaced both sides emitter and receiver boards as it is updated boards. But yes that can fix it, too. Usually just emitter is weak.
[quoted image]

Ok I just installed both though opto boards new ones and on the game # 3 it's flashing the lunch button again so that wasn't it grap lol ,it doesn't do it all the time just the odd game in game play any other ideas too try next thanks

#750 1 year ago

Would it be a good idea if I change the interface board ,when I ordered the opto boards I got some of them too ?

#752 1 year ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Sounds like you are doing great job bringing, Popeye back to life. So all the optos. For the trough. Test prefect in switch test mode, and you can see the leds turn on. On the opto boards, register/lite up if you pass a cable tie with a piece of electrical tape on the end? So you are saying led #3 on opto board is flashing? If so that is your problem. Then it is slow during player change? Please try to be extra clear. What you see and what its doing or I cant be much help.

No what’s flashing is the lunch button when playing a game and not every game just some games so it’s the lunch button that is flashing some times

#753 1 year ago

No what’s flashing is the lunch button when playing a game and not every game just some games so it’s the lunch button that is flashing some times

I have also checked many times the shooter lane switch and it’s working like it should ,what else should I be checking next if it’s not the opto sand shooter lane switch thanks all

#754 1 year ago

Does anyone know what too try next that I haven't tryed yet on my lunch button flashing sometimes when playing a game thanks

#755 1 year ago

Does anyone know what too try next that I haven't tryed yet on my lunch button flashing sometimes when playing a game thanks

Monday bump any ideas what this could be or anything else I could try thanks

#757 1 year ago
Quoted from dddanielll:

Is it affecting gameplay?

No it's not I just don't like when it's flashing when your playing a game ,some games it doesn't but some it does ,I checked the lunch switch but it's fine and I changed the though opto with new ones but still wasn't it ?thanks for any help

#759 1 year ago
Quoted from dddanielll:

Maybe someone can confirm if their game does it? Could be a code issue. I’m away from mine for another 3 weeks otherwise I’d check for you.

Ok thanks I am sure it doesn't I have owned two Popeyes and I don't remember the other doing this

#760 1 year ago

Does anyone have any more ideas on this thanks

1 week later
#762 1 year ago
Quoted from Tru33:

Hello do you have the latest Rom L-5? There was an update from L4 that updated the ball launch lamp logic so if you have L4 or before maybe that's it.
Version L-5
LA-5 Checksum: FB05
LX-5 Checksum: FD05
Date: October 4, 1994
Changes from revision L-4:
Fixed a problem with replay boost that prevented it from being
turned off.
Added a re-kick on the right ball popper.
Updated the ball launch lamp logic.

Thanks for the update ,what I did was ,the upper left flipper was miss flipper sometimes so I changed the flipper button board and it fixed that not it works great and the plus thing which is odd it also fixed the flashing launch button ,I have played 4 games so far and it doesn't sometimes flash any more lol very odd but seems too fix it sofar ,I even put the old board back in just too see and yup flash was back lol

#763 1 year ago
Quoted from Tru33:

Hello do you have the latest Rom L-5? There was an update from L4 that updated the ball launch lamp logic so if you have L4 or before maybe that's it.
Version L-5
LA-5 Checksum: FB05
LX-5 Checksum: FD05
Date: October 4, 1994
Changes from revision L-4:
Fixed a problem with replay boost that prevented it from being
turned off.
Added a re-kick on the right ball popper.
Updated the ball launch lamp logic.

Well update just played and light is flashing again lol it could be the Rom as u said I have L-4 now

#765 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Thanks for the update…. Thought you had it! Man, what a head scratcher.

Ya I thought so too but I guess not

#767 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Have you checked everything else in the same row and everything else in the same column of the lamp matrix to see if something in one of those rows or columns also flashes and lights, and possibly somehow be triggering the launch button at the same time from a short or being tied together somehow?
I’m thinking maybe it also flashes when it says “get the extra ball.”
I’ll try and get on mine soon to see if mine flashes at any point during a game.

Yes I did try the other row and column seems too be fine not shorting out anywhere I can see but I will go over it again just too make sure ,yes please see when u have time on yours thanks for any help with this

#768 1 year ago

Anyone else have any ideas that I haven't tryed this is a hard one

#770 1 year ago
Quoted from dddanielll:

Did you try the L5 ROM?

Yes I did everyone thought that was it but the funny thing is when I installed it was making it worst flashing in game play more often lol I almost want too put the old one back in

#772 1 year ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Ok, sounds like this is your problem. One of your diodes for a lite is in backwards. Yes, done at factory 29 years ago. When start button is flashing and it is not supposed to be flashing. Find a light on playfield or back box that is flashing also. The diiode polarity is reversed. In backwards. Or diode has shorted. Or has continuity in both directions. Hope this is clear enough. The manual will show on schematic what direction the diode should be.

Hi ok so when I am playing a game and the launch button starts too flash look for any other lite that is flashing in game or backbox and make sure the diodes are in the right way ? Thanks will do ,one thing over time I do know everytime it does happen it's right after when u are launching a real ball in play the lite sometimes stays on flashing and most times does not go back off until the next ball u launch is played ? Does that give any help in this ,thanks for any help

#773 1 year ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Ok, sounds like this is your problem. One of your diodes for a lite is in backwards. Yes, done at factory 29 years ago. When start button is flashing and it is not supposed to be flashing. Find a light on playfield or back box that is flashing also. The diiode polarity is reversed. In backwards. Or diode has shorted. Or has continuity in both directions. Hope this is clear enough. The manual will show on schematic what direction the diode should be.

I just played a few more games and in my last post it is when u launch a ball into play but not all the time just some times one or two time pre game it's happening when u push the launch button for ball play sometimes the launch button will keep flashing while your playing that ball and it won't stop flashing until u launch your next ball in too play ?? I did what u said look for what was flashing when this happens and there was only two lites that was fashing but thoses two lights was on the middle board and they don't have diodes in them but I did check all the other lites under there and seems all the diodes installed right ,I thinking it's has too be something too do with when I am Launching a ball in too play its seems too be when it happens not with other lites flashing at the same time ,this is a very odd one too find out why this is happening lol any more help would be great thanks

#776 1 year ago
Quoted from Stebel:

It is important to know what the 2 lights were that are flashing in the middle.

I will find out tonight when I get home but I still think it's got something too do with when you launch the ball into play that's when the light stays on sometimes flashing and I see everytime diff lights are flashing never the same ones

#778 1 year ago
Quoted from tonyf1965:

Also I would like to know? Is launch button flashing on and off at the same time or in sequence as the 2 lights on playfield?

Not really this is why I think it’s got something too do with launch it self somehow ,you know how when u start a new game and the launch button starts too flash too launch ball in too play it’s the same flash as that doesn’t change so when I launch the ball not all the time though the light will remain flashing it won’t shut off until the next ball is launch then it will shut off ,so far each game I am having happens 2 times for a 5 ball game and the other 3 balls the light shuts off after the ball Is launch as it should so though out the hole game there’s always diff lights flashing when it happens so that’s why I think it’s not because of the other lights

#779 1 year ago

And too add it's never came on flashing after the ball was in play for a while just right after the ball is launch only time so I can be playing a game for 20 min on the same ball and it still won't flash until u lose a ball and ready for the next ball too come out ready too launch then when u launch it its flashing like it should and sometimes it will stop flashing and sometimes it will keep flashing until u finish that ball and launch the next one then it will stop flashing ? Any idea what that could be ,it's a tricking one got me thinking that's for sure

#781 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Okay…. Not an answer but some insight. I just played 3 balls. Launch button flashes until it drops out of the spinning disc. However… I have buy in extra ball enabled. As soon as I added ball 4, it stayed flashing until I lost the ball.
This would also maybe explain in part why you see it flash on 5 ball games. On a 5 ball game I would expect you won’t see it flash after launch till ball 4.
Disable buy in extra and set the game to 3 balls and I doubt you’ll see the issue. Not a permanent fix but a workaround at least.

Good thinking but I will try that but it will even happen on the first ball in play so I am not sure thanks for thinking about that

#782 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Okay…. Not an answer but some insight. I just played 3 balls. Launch button flashes until it drops out of the spinning disc. However… I have buy in extra ball enabled. As soon as I added ball 4, it stayed flashing until I lost the ball.
This would also maybe explain in part why you see it flash on 5 ball games. On a 5 ball game I would expect you won’t see it flash after launch till ball 4.
Disable buy in extra and set the game to 3 balls and I doubt you’ll see the issue. Not a permanent fix but a workaround at least.

Update I tryed it but didn't work lol it did it on the first ball of play but I found a small cable off the interface board that i didn't hook up didn't think I need it so I plugged it back in just too see ,it's like a ribbon cable it just goes from the left side of the interface board too the middle does anyone knows what's that for ? But after I did that had one game full game and no staying on flashing light yet

#783 1 year ago

Update again at first for the 5th game wasn’t flashing at all but on the 6,7 ,8 game it’s back again lol so that wasn’t it too bad ,can it be the interface board it self just because the launch button wires all go too that board ? Thanks for any help

#785 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Did you get an extra ball during the game? I didn’t check yet but I’m curious if maybe getting an extra ball will cause it to flash since it’s a 4th ball in play. Just trying to debug a few more specifics while I think it all over some more. This is a good challenge.
I’ve got one too that’s never been answered about Popeye.

Lol ya it’s a tricky one that’s for sure very odd thanks

#787 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Just out of curiosity, if you don’t get jackpot on multiball and get back in the scoop to restart it, does it restart for you right away, or does it only restart after you hit the scoop again on that same ball before draining?
That’s my question. Trough switches and Bluto ball lock and switches are all fine.

My restarts right away when u get the ball back into the hole and one more ball comes out too launch

#788 1 year ago

The switches in that centre hole have too be set just right for it too work just right it’s a tricky thing again Popeye game lol but it’s a fun one that’s for sure

#790 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

Mine is strange, it does not start multiball back up right away when I get in the scoop on time. I have to hit the scoop a second time on the same ball after that and then it will restart multiball.

That should be just a switch just a little off easy fix

#792 1 year ago
Quoted from sevenrites:

So I thought too. Been all over that scoop and all the switches with the playfield at different angles and never had a single switch not so what it’s supposed to do with all testing and with a ball in play. Only thing I haven’t been able to do is test it all with the playfield dropped back into plaice and not service position so maybe gravity is getting me somehow. Maybe it’s time to rip it all open again and see if I can get any more insight on that issue and your issue.
At the very least this thread is super active again, lol.

Yes it is lol what I did was I took the hole scoop off from the machine and put it on a table on like it was inside the machine and put the ball though by hand and then u can make sure all the switches are working right or not best way I thought it's hard too do that still in the machine

1 month later
#806 12 months ago
Quoted from Stebel:

The only have the smoked animal ramp remaining. They had yellow and red before.

Yes I just looked just the one ramp

2 weeks later
#817 11 months ago
Quoted from clarkey_:

If anyone could check what coil they have installed would be appreciated.
Also just wondering if anyone has one of the translucent animal ramps in red or yellow they want to sell let me know .
Thanks

In my game there's AE-24-900 for the right hand popper

#820 11 months ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Hello joined the club over the weekend. Game is in good condition. The upper playfield has a good amount of planking though, doubt there's any available. I'll probably end up pulling it out and have it clear coat it to protect it.
I skimmed through the group forum. This one has the flat plastic Bluto, seems like repro 3D one is the way to go no issues with viability . I read they changed to the flat piece because of complaints of the 3d one making it hard to see. So I'll be ordering one. Pinballlife.Com only has the smoke Grey left animal ramp left, not the ideal color I would want but I'll probably end up getting that also. This game with standard flippers so I'll get Lighting flipper asap also.
The Bluto VUK mech has had better days like most. I saw someone mention asking Mantis if they could remake it. So I emailed them yesterday to be added to the list. I got a response this morning saying I was the 6th person requesting the mech. They said if they get to 50 Requests they would reproduce it. So if anyone wants to email them and get on the list and help get that made that would be great.
Popeye is definitely a game I have not played much and I am enjoying it now.
[quoted image]

Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Hello joined the club over the weekend. Game is in good condition. The upper playfield has a good amount of planking though, doubt there's any available. I'll probably end up pulling it out and have it clear coat it to protect it.
I skimmed through the group forum. This one has the flat plastic Bluto, seems like repro 3D one is the way to go no issues with viability . I read they changed to the flat piece because of complaints of the 3d one making it hard to see. So I'll be ordering one. Pinballlife.Com only has the smoke Grey left animal ramp left, not the ideal color I would want but I'll probably end up getting that also. This game with standard flippers so I'll get Lighting flipper asap also.
The Bluto VUK mech has had better days like most. I saw someone mention asking Mantis if they could remake it. So I emailed them yesterday to be added to the list. I got a response this morning saying I was the 6th person requesting the mech. They said if they get to 50 Requests they would reproduce it. So if anyone wants to email them and get on the list and help get that made that would be great.
Popeye is definitely a game I have not played much and I am enjoying it now.
[quoted image]

Welcome too the club Popeye is a great pin all around and so fun fun too play how bad is the planking on your PF ,I do have a NOS PF I might let go I was going too change my but it wasn't bad too change ,welcome too the club enjoy

#823 11 months ago

This head is way better and looks better on the game

1 month later
#833 10 months ago
Quoted from livetowin:

Just picked up a Popeye and I’m having some strange issue. The error dot comes up every time I boot the game with different check switch messages every time.

My had the same thing I went though everything and everything was fine but over time after trying too find out it stopped so not sure what it really was

#835 10 months ago
Quoted from dddanielll:

Which switches? Common for the animal switches and buy in switch to cause credit dots when they haven’t been activated in a while.

Yes this is true happens with my game if the switches don't get used

#837 10 months ago

Yes my sometimes it's the upper PF ,flippers and switches not being used if u don't get up there too offen

2 months later
#856 7 months ago

Popeye is always a fast great playing game always as a wide body pin always liked play it better then some other wide body pins

#863 7 months ago

For anyone looking for a solution to missing cleats on the front piece of plastic, here was my solution...
I ordered these nylon cleats from West Marine. I picked them up in person but I imagine they'd ship. A marine store closer to you might have this same model:
Looks great

2 weeks later
#867 7 months ago

Yea almost the same thing it’s very hard too get the hole bluto mech switches all working just right took me awhile but got them set just right

2 weeks later
#877 6 months ago
Quoted from MattElder:

I ended up just ordering a handful of them with some other parts, and I'll figure it out.
This is the most subdued owner's thread I think I've ever seen. Where is all the excitement and willingness to help?

Ya same here I was doing a full restore inside and out with my game something’s I worked it out on my own and there’s not too many parts out there for this game somethings u might have too make up your self ,good luck on your game it’s a very fun game all around for all

#879 6 months ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Thank you. It's coming along nicely. Lots and lots of new parts have arrived already, and old, crappy stuff is coming out!
Some of the new stuff so far:
Playfield glass, lockdown bar receiver, coin box retaining bracket, coin box/cover/clip, backbox lock assembly, coin reject inserts, 1 leg bracket, plastics set, 3d Bluto head, Swee' Pea ramp deflector assembly, Swee' Pea ramp decal, super animal light housing, escalator ramp decal, side rails, line cord cover, key fob, wire retaining clips, animal kicker plunger, several switches, instruction and free play cards, flipper buttons, rear playfield glass channel, and 1 coil retaining bracket.
It did come with new legs/bolts, and LEDs, so that stuff is already taken care of.
I cleaned the hell out of the inside of the cabinet/backbox and wire harnesses as well. Cabinet touch-ups are under way, and worst case scenario, new cabinet decals will be applied. It's finally getting the care that it needed.

Wow nice sounds like your doing almost the same as I did too my its well worth doing too a game that is so fun too always play good too see other people restoring Popeye

#882 6 months ago
Quoted from MattElder:

I'll definitely get some pics at some point. No mods, though! I rip mods out. Factory stock machines only for me (unless a feature was taken out of the original design for cost reasons). That said, I did leave the spinach can mod in for the time being because it isn't super cheesy, and it's expensive. I'll probably pull it out when someone buys it from me...

Nice I am the same way factory stock for me also ,I don’t a few but some are too much for me

#884 6 months ago
Quoted from MattElder:

I'm getting this thing dialed in now and starting to figure out the rules. It's a much better game than most give it credit for, especially when you know what's going on! Haha.
Just had a good game and got stampede multiball, collected all the items from the Sea Hag, and also saw a bunch of other stuff that I hadn't seen before. I love the Swee' Pea mini game as well. This thing is a lot of fun!

Yes Popeye is always a really fun game all around the more u play the more u want too play

#888 6 months ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Printed this for a customer. I also make them like the original, but you have to reuse your own decal.
I used some quick finger paints just to show what it looks like colored.
I couldn’t match the font perfectly, but presents well.
Picture of lamp cover is on my machine, it’s one that reuses the decal. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great

#890 6 months ago
Quoted from MattElder:

As I posted a little farther up, Joe made me one as well (I got a smooth one, like the original), and it looks great. This is a great product and well worth the cost!

Yes for sure does look great just like the original

#892 6 months ago
Quoted from Ive:

Saw this posted on Facebook . Machine somewhere in Bulgaria.
I have no idea what is going on with Blutos face
[quoted image][quoted image]

It looks like it was made up face some what

2 weeks later
#894 5 months ago
Quoted from Phern:

So a recent owner here and have been tinkering around with the machine. A novice pinball skill level. I must say though that this machine is a drain monster. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to tweak it a bit to make it a more approachable game for home use?
Main issues have been the outer lanes draining like crazy, and the very difficult upper playfield. Is there any tweaking or modding that can be done to help with it?

The only thing u can do as I did with my is the post on both sides move them closer and put new rubbers on them also so they bounce better this help a lot

4 weeks later
#897 5 months ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

I have recently bought a Popeye & joined the club. The machine is a Japanese import to OZ and is a low play machine that has been in storage for a long time. I have started a full makeover on it that includes a cabinet repaint & a new decal set. I have bought a decal set from Pinball Decals EU but I am now wondering if anyone does an alternate decal set for Popeye?. I have looked at Retro Refurbs in the UK but they don't do a set. I have their alternate cartoon decal set on my Flintstones & I love the way it looks. It would be nice to have something different on Popeye instead of the very plain mostly blue original set.

I haven't seen a set other then the EU ones ,I got them for my they are great

1 month later
#899 3 months ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

I am currently doing a full playfield strip clean & polish etc on my PSTE along with a cabinet strip & re decal. I managed to find a smoke color ramp to replace the blue animal ramp. The yellow ramp was what I was really after but I couldn't find one for sale anywhere. The smoke ramp will do though. I am now ready to swap over the switches/lamp sockets on the ramps. the job of de-soldering & re-soldering all the wiring is not one I have been looking forward to. My question is, is there anyway to do the changeover without disconnecting everything?

I am sure you will have too take the ramp right out and disconnect everything way easier that way

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
PinSound

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Williampinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/popeye-owners-group?tu=Williampinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.