Topic Stats

• 374 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by tonyf1965
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 125 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1550322005688-1104507075 (resized).jpg
P1080214 (resized).JPG
P1080181 (resized).JPG
P1080180 (resized).JPG
BEC17540-5FE5-42F6-B348-52C26E18C6D2 (resized).jpeg
siderail (resized).JPG
broken left rail (resized).JPG
IMG_20181011_0106330 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181011_0106262 (resized).jpg
20181007_161000 (resized).jpg
20181007_160951 (resized).jpg
20181007_160925 (resized).jpg
a-17736 (resized).jpg
71278E6C-2AB7-4BEA-924E-195B5BEFC3D4 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPG
2e9a143c5d12a2345e12485e35f68c92ab00c4ef (resized).jpg

There are 374 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
#351 67 days ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I think I’ve got one you can have. I’ll have a look in my parts in the next few days get back to you.
Update
I had to find a part for the swords of fury I’m working on and had a look for the Bluto flasher bracket. Bingo!
Pm me your details and I’ll send it to you.
[quoted image]

Wow, thanks very much. PM sent.

#352 63 days ago

The right lower flipper on my Popeye keeps getting weaker during play and then it blows the 3A fuse. Any Popeye owners have a similar issue with theirs or have any idea what might cause that to happen?

#353 61 days ago
Quoted from the4horse:

The right lower flipper on my Popeye keeps getting weaker during play and then it blows the 3A fuse. Any Popeye owners have a similar issue with theirs or have any idea what might cause that to happen?

I had that exact issue on Popeye and I recall my tech swapped out/fixed the flipper opto board. May want to look at that.

My Indy was starting to get a weak flipper last week and it was because the interrupted wasn't going far enough passed the optos by the slightest amount. Wasn't blowing a fuse though. The button was worn and need to be a hair longer.

#354 59 days ago
Quoted from drypaint:

I had that exact issue on Popeye and I recall my tech swapped out/fixed the flipper opto board. May want to look at that.
My Indy was starting to get a weak flipper last week and it was because the interrupted wasn't going far enough passed the optos by the slightest amount. Wasn't blowing a fuse though. The button was worn and need to be a hair longer.

Hey.
Yep, it was the flipper opto. I've gotta find one in Australia now as postage has gone waaay up buying from the U.S.
Marco wanted $50 for basic postage to send a $15 opto unit...that's nuts!

#356 58 days ago

This place and Mr Pinball in Australia are two that I don't deal with anymore.
I would highly recommend RTBB (Ride the Boney beast)...they're the best in Australia for Pinball Parts by far!
The guy who runs it, Nino, is a top bloke.

#357 58 days ago

might be but pinballspareparts has a ton of NOS parts nobody else has, and we supply parts to most of the worlds best Pinball Restorers

but buy from who you like at a higher cost

2 weeks later
#358 40 days ago

Does anyone else sometimes experience the Skill Wheel spinning for prolonged periods of time during gameplay for no real reason ? .... sometimes long after the ball is in play, sometimes during multiball etc ... I haven't tried to replicate the exact circumstances.

Just wondering ...its no biggie and I have always put it down to software issues.

#359 37 days ago

I have not noticed it on my machine.

#360 36 days ago

Holy spinach !!!

Tonight I just found Swee Pea TWICE in one visit to the upper playfield ! The maze reset and I just raced on through again ! For the record you get 50 Million again, it doesn't increase ....which is a shame

It's super satisfying to do it once in a game ......... I have never done it twice, let alone in succession .

#361 33 days ago
Quoted from Ive:

Holy spinach !!!
Tonight I just found Swee Pea TWICE in one visit to the upper playfield ! The maze reset and I just raced on through again ! For the record you get 50 Million again, it doesn't increase ....which is a shame
It's super satisfying to do it once in a game ......... I have never done it twice, let alone in succession .

Does your machine still have the stainless steel line separators. Mine have fallen out which makes it virtually impossible to get through the maze.

#362 33 days ago
Quoted from BioBa:

Does your machine still have the stainless steel line separators. Mine have fallen out which makes it virtually impossible to get through the maze.

Yes it does.

I have a spare upper playfield somewhere - pretty sure the metal backplate with the separators is still on it. I can check for you if you were interested.

#363 33 days ago

OK - I'm in full on Popeye mood this week

My Swee Pea ramp has some damage to the decal on the left side .... I have a spare mini playfield with a ramp with better condition decal, so am going to swap it over.

I noticed though today that my decal is different.

Here is the spare one I have... first picture

And below it is mine. Notice how mine ends above the Find Swee Pea text ...and seems cropped at the bottom. You can see the lamp cutouts on the metal below.

At first I thought this was a different decal but now wondering if it has previously been trimmed down, maybe to remove some damaged areas ? I note there in no part number printed on it, and the corners at the bottom are sharp, not rounded ..suggesting perhaps someone took a straight edge and a blade to it ?

Could other owners confirm how their decal is.

Thanks Popeyes !
P1080180 (resized).JPGP1080181 (resized).JPG

#364 31 days ago

Hi.
I've recently replaced the 2d bluto with the 3d version and wondered if anyone knows where I can get the lamp socket to light bluto's nose?
The wiring is there but the socket has been removed.
Thanks.

#365 31 days ago
Quoted from Ive:

OK - I'm in full on Popeye mood this week
My Swee Pea ramp has some damage to the decal on the left side .... I have a spare mini playfield with a ramp with better condition decal, so am going to swap it over.
I noticed though today that my decal is different.
Here is the spare one I have... first picture
And below it is mine. Notice how mine ends above the Find Swee Pea text ...and seems cropped at the bottom. You can see the lamp cutouts on the metal below.
At first I thought this was a different decal but now wondering if it has previously been trimmed down, maybe to remove some damaged areas ? I note there in no part number printed on it, and the corners at the bottom are sharp, not rounded ..suggesting perhaps someone took a straight edge and a blade to it ?
Could other owners confirm how their decal is.
Thanks Popeyes !
[quoted image][quoted image]

My decal is the same as your first pic. It has some damage in the top right corner which must be pretty typical and that's probably why they trimmed it.
Funny...I never realised mine was missing those stainless steel dividers until I saw your pic : )

#366 31 days ago
Quoted from the4horse:

Hi.
I've recently replaced the 2d bluto with the 3d version and wondered if anyone knows where I can get the lamp socket to light bluto's nose?
The wiring is there but the socket has been removed.
Thanks.

The part number is A-17817 Light & Bracket Assembly

But I don't think anyone sells them .

I have a used one if you are interested. Its a little bent so would need tweaked back into shape. I will PM you

P1080214 (resized).JPG
#367 30 days ago

Thanks Ive. much appreciated!

#368 27 days ago

Is anybody offering the center weldment A-18000?

2 weeks later
#369 7 days ago

OK - recently been getting really frustrated with the Lockjaw kickout going SDTM - the so called Ball Saver is ridiculously short, so often won't save the ball. What were they thinking when coding the game ? - the save time is just so tight with no grace period ! Grrrr

My kickout direction wise is quite erratic but recently I feel like I'm losing a ball a game due to it

I can't see any real way to adjust the weldment scoop position.

Has anyone come up with a good fix for this ?? I was wondering if the weldment scoop cant be adjusted ..maybe putting something inside the scoop to direct the ejected ball in some way. I have no idea if that is even possible tbh

#370 6 days ago

Mine always hits the middle of the right flipper. Any cracks in the scoop? I had a similar issue with my Ripley’s scoop but stopped after fixing the broken welds.

#371 6 days ago

Mine had a broken weld that was fixed prior to me getting it. Not the best weld job, but never shoots down the middle.

#372 5 days ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Mine had a broken weld that was fixed prior to me getting it. Not the best weld job, but never shoots down the middle.

I think I'll pull out the whole weldment and have a good look at it.

Would love to resolve this, got to the point where I dread the ball kicking out from there in case it is SDTM Kind of spoils the fun

#373 15 hours ago
Quoted from Ive:

I think I'll pull out the whole weldment and have a good look at it.
Would love to resolve this, got to the point where I dread the ball kicking out from there in case it is SDTM Kind of spoils the fun

I know what you mean. Mine has a mind of its own...sometimes it throws the ball to the right or left flippers but too many times, straight down the guts.
Good luck, I hope you get it sorted.

#374 12 hours ago

Strange, I have had my machine for about 7 years now. It gets played alot. Always seems to be sent to the middle of right flipper. It sounds to me like someone has bent the exit part of the weldmount in the past. One time I thought mine was bent slightly when I had it out. Then I realized it is supposed to be that way so the ball comes out towards the right.

1550322005688-1104507075 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 159.99
$ 229.99
There are 374 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside