Popeye next lockjaw problem

By PohodaVole

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hello,

I have not found any topic regarding my problem so I would like to ask you for the help.

I have a problem with Bluto multiball in lockjaw. It always locks three balls but it shoots out only two instead three. I have made a switch test and all three switches are working correctly - I can see it and it beeps three times. Could you please help me where should be the problem?

Thank you!

#2 8 years ago

When I hear of problems of this mech, I tell people to make sure they have the most up to date rom. Everyone should attempt to acquire this anyway for any game, but I found with mine many jaw mech issues were fixed with the latest rom. I would start with that.

#3 8 years ago

The rom is L5

#4 8 years ago

Really nobody knows?

#5 8 years ago

The three switches may be working when tested, but make sure they are all making good contact when the ball is in there, and the ball in fact is able to activate them. I'm guessing this is a problem with the closest switch to the kickout.

What I would try is figuring out which switch is the last one, in other words, the last switch to have the last ball when MB starts. When it only spits out two, instantly go into test menu, and switch test and see if that switch is in fact registering as closed.

#6 8 years ago

There is a test in the menus that will tell you what the fault is, it is test 15 the lockup test, select the second option and close the door and throw balls in there, it will tell you the problem

#7 8 years ago

I will try to resolve it today so I will let you know

Thank you!

#8 8 years ago

We have checked it completely again and there was a problem with the wires connection so it works excellently now

Thank you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 85.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/popeye-next-lockjaw-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.