• 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by WhoKnew
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2013-10-22 10.15.13.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider animator_pin_fan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 10 years ago

I just got my Popeye up and running last night for my studio's Christmas party (was great hanging out with you Aurich), and maybe I've still got "first pinball machine" goggles on, but I absolutely LOVE it. And Popeye turned out to be a huge hit with all of our non-pinhead guests. The most asked question of the night was- " Where do I get one?" and "How much for this amazing machine?"
That being said, I too agree that $2000 is maybe a bit too much. However, Popeye is definitely a game worth considering, especially if you're an animation fan. Maybe offer $1500 for it, if it's in good condition.

#37 10 years ago

I'll be the first to admit, Popeye is not for everyone. It wasn't a pin that I settled for, it was a theme that I sought out, waited for, and finally acquired. It's got a few cool toys, a unique layout, deep rules, and an eye catching nautical motif. And sure, the "Saves the Earth" with animals part of it dilutes the traditional Popeye-ness of it all, it's still a great theme, especially for kids. With that said, there are plenty of amazing pins within your range, but I'd do a bit of research, and maybe play them a bit before buying. Of course I'm biased, since I'm an animation buff, but I think Rocky and Bullwinkle is also a really great family friendly pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
$ 85.00
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 37.50
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider animator_pin_fan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/popeye-advice?tu=animator_pin_fan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.