(Topic ID: 74892)

Popcorn machine...... who has one

By JDubbbs

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7965 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot 2024-02-04 at 01-25-43 Dune Part Two Stars React to AMC Theaters' Viral Sandworm Popcorn Bucket 'That's Not Okay' (re
    GEueuzBWEAAO143 (resized).jpg
    GEueu0AWwAEnoGO (resized).jpg
    IMG_0013 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240101_194505_Gallery (resized).jpg
    IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7521 (resized).jpeg
    bar jdubbs 2 (resized).jpg
    bar jdubbs 1 (resized).jpg
    20230223_091543 (resized).jpg
    20230222_155014 (resized).jpg
    20230220_154212 (resized).jpg
    20230220_180046 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    9560874E-49C3-4C46-AA38-3DCB82C78C01 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shredso.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#186 9 years ago

Any recommendations for an entry level small footprint counter top model? I can't imagine ever needing to make more than enough for 3 or 4 people.

1 month later
    #279 9 years ago

Pinside cost me a bunch of cash again! The Great Northern Lincoln went on sale on Amazon so I snagged it. So far I'm super happy with it. I bought Great Northerns pre packaged along with all the ingredients to do it separate. I figured I would save a lot of money that way. The pre packaged one tastes better, not sure what ingredient is different. I'm using the original Flavacol and pure coconut oil. The pre packaged batches come out a little yellow and more flavorful. I wonder if it's more oil?

How long does the stuff stay good for? I have batch I made yesterday sitting in there. I don't feel like making a whole batch. Worst that could happen is it tastes a little stale right?

3 years later
    #1270 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aladdin:

My first go at it.
    Big party tonight and tomorrow night.
    I’ll report back[quoted image]

I'll be doing some popping tomorrow as well. I'm curious of your results and proportions. I have a box of Great Northern pre portioned bags and I can't seem to get results as good with separate ingredients. I would think it would be the other way around. The pre portioned bags are cheap enough so it's not a big deal. Disclaimer: These taste tests are never done sober.

2 weeks later
    #1280 5 years ago

I just found this on Amazon.
    https://www.amazon.com/Hoosier-Hill-Farm-Cheddar-Cheese/dp/B01INI4QA0/ref=sr_1_4_a_it
    I have not tried it. One of the reviews suggests it's a good substitute for the Cabot. I really don't want 2 lbs of it, but you only save a couple bucks by buying the 1lb.

1 week later
    #1311 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Don't get a 4oz machine, that's probably too small for any grown man.
    An 8oz is probably perfect for most homeowners, it makes one large popcorn bucket at a time.
    (of course, you can make 4oz in an 8oz machine; but you probably never will)
    This 8oz goes on sale for $119 all the time, you see it in every small pub:
    amazon.com link »
    ...and you don't have to clean it!
    [quoted image]
    They have fixed everyone's biggest complaint about the galvanized roof rusting - now it's made of stainless steel
    [quoted image]

I guess I bought mine too soon, my roof is garbage. I've convinced myself it's not really touching the popcorn. I wonder if they sell the replacement.

3 years later
    #1583 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

Picked up a fun toy this weekend. I have my hands full for sure. Full of 60 year old congealed oil. Going to love restoring this guy.
    [quoted image]

Very cool! Please make a restore thread, I love seeing the inner workings of things like this.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shredso.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/popcorn-machine-who-has-one?tu=shredso and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.