(Topic ID: 74892)

Popcorn machine...... who has one

By JDubbbs

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7965 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot 2024-02-04 at 01-25-43 Dune Part Two Stars React to AMC Theaters' Viral Sandworm Popcorn Bucket 'That's Not Okay' (re
    GEueuzBWEAAO143 (resized).jpg
    GEueu0AWwAEnoGO (resized).jpg
    IMG_0013 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240101_194505_Gallery (resized).jpg
    IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7521 (resized).jpeg
    bar jdubbs 2 (resized).jpg
    bar jdubbs 1 (resized).jpg
    20230223_091543 (resized).jpg
    20230222_155014 (resized).jpg
    20230220_154212 (resized).jpg
    20230220_180046 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    9560874E-49C3-4C46-AA38-3DCB82C78C01 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shepp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1436 5 years ago

Does anyone know what kind of large bags should be used so store popcorn? I'm talking about garbage size. The equivalent of 30 8oz popcorn batches. It's for a charity function. I know they sell large clear recycle bags but I'm not sure if they are safe for food and a lot of them have added chemicals/powders to reduce smell.

#1440 5 years ago

That is great info guys - thanks!

In the spirit of giving back I've found that using a large plastic bucket is a great way to add seasonings to popcorn. Just toss the seasoning and popcorn in the bucket straight from the popper, close the lid and shake and it coats the popcorn very well.

2 years later
    #1566 2 years ago

I found you need to go through a lot of popcorn to use up the 50 lb bag. I love the prepackaged ones. Bulls Eye is the one Costco carries now and it's good but my favourite was Pop Weaver Nak's Paks

11 months later
    #1601 1 year ago

As everyone has chimed in - if you want it to be less soggy leave the doors open as much as possible and for as long as possible. I preheat 5-7 minutes, put the coconut oil (in which is in solid form) and after it's turned to liquid I throw the rest of the stuff in. After it's done popping you can pile it up under the heat lamp and let it dry out for a bit.

#1604 1 year ago
    Quoted from phillyfan64:

It has that little metal vent below the glass. Maybe leave that cracked open a bit while popping? I’ve tried popping with the glass door open but of course they wind up on the floor.

With the tray angled out at the bottom and my doors ajar I don't find any hit the floor but maybe my model is different.

Quoted from DruTheFu:

I’m still searching for that super butter flavor from the movie theaters, and not just at the top of the bucket when I put some squirts on top, I want that taste all the way down to the bottom. What butter product do most use?

I use Ghee (clarified butter) as it's easy to find in my local supermarket. Layer the stuff on as you fill the bucket up.

3 weeks later
    #1625 1 year ago

I've had mine for 20 years now and never cleaned the kettle. I still have the cleaning kit I bought to clean it with. I do wipe the insides down of the plexiglass once in awhile but that's it.

#1636 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

Im having great success with mushroom popcorn.
    Large pops and it picks up flavored powder exceptionally.
    Unfortunately i have to order it online in my area so shipping costs way more than the corn.
    There just arent any bulk distros in my area.
    I buy corn in 50lb bags.
    It lasts about 8 months.
    $50 to ship $22 worth of corn...

I found the same thing with mushroom and flavour. They sell it here locally at the bulk barn. Maybe they have an equivalent store like that where you live? Everything is sold in bins and you scoop out want you want to buy and place it in a plastic bag.

1 year later
    #1712 5 months ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Interesting.
    I’ve tried it both ways and I like mine best when it’s added to oil that has just liquified. I add the oil and as soon as it’s liquid, I add the corn. I also dump mine early compared to when most people probably do.
    We like it better that way.

I also tried it both ways and add the popcorn as soon as the oil is melted. It doesn’t take very long if I preheat the kettle as instructed.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shepp.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/popcorn-machine-who-has-one?tu=shepp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.