(Topic ID: 74892)

Popcorn machine...... who has one

By JDubbbs

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7965 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot 2024-02-04 at 01-25-43 Dune Part Two Stars React to AMC Theaters' Viral Sandworm Popcorn Bucket 'That's Not Okay' (re
    GEueuzBWEAAO143 (resized).jpg
    GEueu0AWwAEnoGO (resized).jpg
    IMG_0013 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240101_194505_Gallery (resized).jpg
    IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7521 (resized).jpeg
    bar jdubbs 2 (resized).jpg
    bar jdubbs 1 (resized).jpg
    20230223_091543 (resized).jpg
    20230222_155014 (resized).jpg
    20230220_154212 (resized).jpg
    20230220_180046 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    9560874E-49C3-4C46-AA38-3DCB82C78C01 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paratrooper.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#428 9 years ago

Ok, this thread is crazy and fun! LOL I bought my Gold Medal from Sams (4 oz) and it will arrive on or about the 1st of April (hey what the heck, my yearly membership was due anyways)...

THANKS TO ALL FOR MAKING ME SPEND MORE MONEY!!!!!!

So the real question is, and have yet to see on any type of video...

Do you pour the oil in 1st and let is warm, then test it with a few corn seeds? then thrown in the rest of the corn in if it pops?

OR

Do you throw it all in at once?

Also, since the packs come with the Flavacol Seasoning Salt... Who has found that adding more is too much, or does it taste better?

Ok, one more > ?

So I will be setting my machine on top of my beer fridge. The back side of the popcorn machine will be against a wall. SO! Since my wife is OCD, I would assume that people in my situation simply rotate their machine while cooking, cleaning etc... then turn it back to "normal" sticker facing out position when they are done? (no I didn't buy the cart).

So looking forward to adding this to my game room. thank you all for such an informative and educating thread! Who would have thought...

4 weeks later
    #435 8 years ago

So just a quick update on my new addiction !

My Gold Medal 4oz. Fun Popper is working very good and I am so happy with my purchase. 3 batches are enough for like 10 people easy.

The popper and stand were ordered through Sams club DOT com.

I also added two more stickers to the side glass because my wife has a little OCD... Happy wife, happy life. Easy order and very reasonably priced through my local Gold Medal retailer. The stickers I think were only like $7.00 (shipping was more but I didn't care)

They are longer than the glass so... proper time and a little luck is required to apply them (scissors are mandatory). Use some copy paper to make the template, then make both the same. Once applied, you can peel it back to remove the bubbles and slowly re-apply.... with NO bubbles

I also did NOT take the time to actually remove the glass (which would be preferred) so the bottom of them are a bit lower than the original (original is tucked nicely under the glass frame).

Gold Medal 4oz. packs and a little Flavacol added to each batch is working for me!

Thanks again for this amazing thread, knowledge and my new addiction ! Love love love my Popcorn machine.

P.S. YES IT IS EASY TO CLEAN!!!! Paper towel is all it takes. Not a mess on my machines at all.

Screen Shot 2015-04-28 at 10.34.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-28 at 10.34.54 PM.png
    #462 8 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Congrats on the new machine! This may be a stupid question, but how do you operate the machine with the door facing the wall?

LOL! I turn it. It sits on the cart with wheels! Remember the reference to my wife and her OCD? So when I turn it to cook, the sides still have stickers! and she is happy with that, and so am I !!!

Screen Shot 2015-05-01 at 10.47.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-05-01 at 10.47.27 PM.png
    #463 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

That's how he steam cleans his walls.

We could make millions with that idea !!! HAHAHA

#465 8 years ago
    Quoted from Doot77:

Just got mine today, but unfortunately the popcorn and other supplies didn't make it here yet, so I'll have to wait for the first batch. image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

We can share with you until they arrive

Screen Shot 2015-05-01 at 11.46.58 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-05-01 at 11.46.58 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-05-01 at 11.46.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-05-01 at 11.46.41 PM.png
    #466 8 years ago

GLAZE POP? Anyone try it,,,,,,???? 7 flavors now? Cinnamon shown at bottom...

Here I am just an amateur but already looking to change it up!

Made by Gold Medal and says it is completely fine to use in the cooker! Clean it out between uses so it doesn't build up!

Most are said to use White corn with no colors or flavored oil for the real taste.

Thoughts? tried it? taste?

I'll have to admit I went ahead and ordered a variety 6 pack and some BB Flavacol as well!

Anyone try the BB yet????

So sorry if I missed this in earlier threads. Such a long thread with so much info. And so very MUCH appreciated!

P.S. Please DO YOUR HOMEWORK if you decide to order. Some of these things are selling for ridiculous prices on ebay etc...

Very reasonable with local Gold Medal store and there is a 6 pack on Amazon with free shipping for an awesome price.

$35.00 ??? I know...I know.. If you have the time, call your local Gold Medal people for a much better deal. they are heavy however (35 oz?) so keep that in mind for shipping.

Screen Shot 2015-05-03 at 8.45.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-05-03 at 8.45.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-05-03 at 8.57.11 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-05-03 at 8.57.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-03 at 8.59.38 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-05-03 at 8.59.38 PM.png

#467 8 years ago

Ok, so I am not trying to sound like some weirdo here... BUT! CHECK some of these auctions and web pages out!! Do we need to order this stuff by the case and sell it >>>>/????

I swear I am seeing people selling ONE 35oz box of this stuff for like $14.00 each !

HellO ????

#469 8 years ago
    Quoted from Zampinator:

I picked up a Detroit Popcorn Co. machine a month or so ago, we love it!

How much?

20150402_214842.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
    20150422_185715.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

WOW! That looks almost identical to a Gold Medal 4oz Fun Popper! Good job... Hope you enjoy!

How much did you pay ?

#471 8 years ago
    Quoted from joemagiera:

If you think it's hard to keep your popper clean now, wait until you try to clean it after using any of the glazes. Close to impossible.

Ruh Roh ? Is it a nightmare ?

#473 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Detroit Popcorn Co. is a Gold Medal distributor. That is a Gold Medal machine. They (Detroit Popcorn Co.) make their own popcorn pre-packs as they have their own corn farm in Indiana.

Thanks for the clarification... Learn something new everyday!

3 months later
    #737 8 years ago

Removed post because I found a better solution !

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paratrooper.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/popcorn-machine-who-has-one?tu=paratrooper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.