(Topic ID: 74892)

Popcorn machine...... who has one

By JDubbbs

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7965 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot 2024-02-04 at 01-25-43 Dune Part Two Stars React to AMC Theaters' Viral Sandworm Popcorn Bucket 'That's Not Okay' (re
    GEueuzBWEAAO143 (resized).jpg
    GEueu0AWwAEnoGO (resized).jpg
    IMG_0013 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240101_194505_Gallery (resized).jpg
    IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7521 (resized).jpeg
    bar jdubbs 2 (resized).jpg
    bar jdubbs 1 (resized).jpg
    20230223_091543 (resized).jpg
    20230222_155014 (resized).jpg
    20230220_154212 (resized).jpg
    20230220_180046 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    9560874E-49C3-4C46-AA38-3DCB82C78C01 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fizz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1378 5 years ago

Where are people using these machines in the house? I know there can be a lot of steam, smoke, oil etc from these machines, is this ever an issue? I assume not everyone is putting these under a vent hood or anything like that.

This is one of the concerns which have been holding me back from buying one.

#1381 5 years ago

Thanks both of you for that info. Sounds like it's not too big of a deal, but I'll want to keep it away from my pins. I'm thinking dining room... If I can sell that to the wife.

1 year later
    #1528 3 years ago
    Quoted from silverball2018:

Here's my popcorn machine and other concession stand items.
    [quoted image]

Love the butter dispenser. Want one of those some day.

#1537 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

They never clean them at the theater...[quoted image]

The theaters near me have been closed since like March or April. Whenever they finally reopen, I wonder if they'll spring for a new bag of cheese or use the old one until it runs out.

1 week later
    #1547 3 years ago

I had some gold medal fun pop 4oz packs that had the perfect amount of salt in my opinion. Many people though would say it's not enough salt. But if you're looking for less salt, try those. The only problem is that the salt is mixed in with the corn, so it's difficult to change the amount of salt.

I also have some country harvest packs which have WAY too much salt. But the salt is in a separate compartment so I just dump out half of it before I pour everything into the popper.

I actually prefer the country harvest packs but the gold medal ones are still very good.

#1548 3 years ago

Oh and just to add, I don't have a popcorn machine. So all of the results I mentioned above were with a whirley pop. I doubt that would change anything though.

1 year later
    #1619 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

Turn off machine.
    Put the Kettle, empty drawer and metal door in the sink.
    For me its very near by.
    Take a sopping wet blue scotch-brite that has a dime sized pool of Dawn on it over to the machine with 4 paper towels.
    Work quickly,
    Wipe down the roof then the sides then the floor.
    Use the sponge to squeegee the glass down to the floor.
    Use paper towels to wipe down the glass and floor until mostly clean.
    Rinse the kettle and parts in hot running water. Do not immerse the kettle in water, its not sealed. Just fill it up and rinse from the top, Wipe off the sides and bottom.
    Wipe mostly dry with paper towels.
    Reinstall kettle, drawer and door.
    If the glass is streaked wipe it down with sparkle glass cleaner.
    Done.
    Cleaning the glass might take an extra 3 mins but I only do it for show, every so often.
    I clean it after every use, So one gets very fast at it.
    The roof should stay oily a bit, It keeps it from rusting.
    If there are burned scorched marks on the floor from the heater they are cleaned off with bar keepers friend when wiping down the floor, but I only scrub them off every 10 uses or so,

Wow that sounds like a big process.

I've been wanting one of these machines but maybe I'll skip it.

I make popcorn almost every night. I use a whirley pop on the stove and I never clean it. I do wipe it out with a dry paper towel about once a week, but I make sure not to really get it clean. Popcorn comes out exactly like the theater.

#1623 1 year ago

Ok now you guys are talking my language

A quick wipe down of the floor I can handle.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fizz.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/popcorn-machine-who-has-one?tu=fizz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.