(Topic ID: 74892)

Popcorn machine...... who has one

By JDubbbs

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7965 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot 2024-02-04 at 01-25-43 Dune Part Two Stars React to AMC Theaters' Viral Sandworm Popcorn Bucket 'That's Not Okay' (re
    GEueuzBWEAAO143 (resized).jpg
    GEueu0AWwAEnoGO (resized).jpg
    IMG_0013 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240101_194505_Gallery (resized).jpg
    IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7521 (resized).jpeg
    bar jdubbs 2 (resized).jpg
    bar jdubbs 1 (resized).jpg
    20230223_091543 (resized).jpg
    20230222_155014 (resized).jpg
    20230220_154212 (resized).jpg
    20230220_180046 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    9560874E-49C3-4C46-AA38-3DCB82C78C01 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boscokid.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#356 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinzrfun:

I am about to try the pre-packaged kit from the Detroit Popcorn Co, just picked them up yesterday. I also got some coconut oil and Flavocol. Should I add Flavocol to the pre-packaged kit? My instinct says no........
    Don

follow your instinct

4 months later
    #661 8 years ago

this thread has officially made me sad

3 pages on the best way to make popcorn
    2 pages on where to buy popcorn
    1 page debating the taste of Flavorcol
    1 page how to care for your popcorn maker
    6 pages of gloating over who can find the cheapest piece of shit Chinese made popper
    1 page of misc complaints about rust or build quality
    1 post of somebody recommending banging out sheet metal to replace the interior (wtf?)

3 months later
    #758 8 years ago

Disgusting. I'd say 'warning' is an understatement.

I think you should cut your losses and throw that in the trash. Look on craigslist for a used Cretors or Gold Medal

#763 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

In America, "Warning" has the same meaning as "Beware" in Canada.

Or the first pic posted clearly shows the word "warning" in big red letters.

I wouldn't eat anything out of that and certainly wouldn't feed to kids or guests. I think it's a lost cause, and any remedy they provide for free will be just as suspect

2 weeks later
    #805 8 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

I've only tried Mega Pop, (Gold Medal), so far. It's pretty darn good.

This is what I have been using.

3 months later
    #877 8 years ago
    Quoted from Insane:

i recently learned that Gordon's Food Service (GFS) sells 8oz kits. $27.49/36 pkgs. Here in SW michigan. Can't comment on the quality, haven't tried. They also sell Flavacoll. I also found out our local movie chain uses Weavers popcorn. I haven't found where you can purchase it, but its really good quality, at least when they make it. I also had some left over the last time we went, had a refillable bucket, filled before we left. Cam home and dumped it in the machine. Heated it up a couple of times, but didn't eat any. Finally ate some almost 2 weeks later and it was still very good after letting it warm up.

The Cub Scouts were selling Weaver brand popcorn. I was impressed with the quality but it was 'fundraiser prices' and I haven't seen it for sale locally. Would definitely purchase again if I found it

Also, I have been using Crisco brand coconut oil lately, it leaves less of a coconut taste than Trader Joes brand. And it's a little bit cheaper

2 months later
    #949 7 years ago
    Quoted from TZBen:

Do you leave the doors open when your poping?

i have one door closed and one door cracked open about an inch to allow steam to vent

11 months later
    #1056 6 years ago

Had to disassemble my Cretors Nite Club popper.

Kettle was not heating at all, not sure how this ring terminal wire broke off but should be an easy enough to fix.

I assumed the need for 'high temperature' terminals and they were only available in packs of 50 on Amazon. Checked a few local places and didn't find any. I did try to reuse the old terminal but no amount of prying, dremeling, or drilling helped. That factory crimp was designed to be permanent

kettle (resized).jpgkettle (resized).jpg

ring terminal (resized).jpgring terminal (resized).jpg

#1068 6 years ago

Back up and popping!

Now I have 98 extra High Temp Ring Terminals 12-10 wire range #10 stud size that I will never use. If anybody wants any of these for free send me a PM and I can drop 20 or so in an envelope. I hate throwing stuff out that may be of use to someone.

20170428_085350 (resized).jpg20170428_085350 (resized).jpg

#1095 6 years ago

Vid turning into part time Ghee pitchman

1 month later
    #1104 6 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Amazon has these commercial shaved ice machines on sale for $149 (usually $210)
    Nothing beats real shaved ice (snow cones for you FL people) with the syrup or schnapps of your choice

Shows $217 for me. I order so much stuff on Amazon it would not be a shock if I am offered 'sucker' pricing on everything

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider boscokid.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/popcorn-machine-who-has-one?tu=boscokid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.