(Topic ID: 74892)

Popcorn machine...... who has one

By JDubbbs

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7965 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot 2024-02-04 at 01-25-43 Dune Part Two Stars React to AMC Theaters' Viral Sandworm Popcorn Bucket 'That's Not Okay' (re
    GEueuzBWEAAO143 (resized).jpg
    GEueu0AWwAEnoGO (resized).jpg
    IMG_0013 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20240101_194505_Gallery (resized).jpg
    IMG_0307 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7521 (resized).jpeg
    bar jdubbs 2 (resized).jpg
    bar jdubbs 1 (resized).jpg
    20230223_091543 (resized).jpg
    20230222_155014 (resized).jpg
    20230220_154212 (resized).jpg
    20230220_180046 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    9560874E-49C3-4C46-AA38-3DCB82C78C01 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gundam_Pilot_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#509 8 years ago

I know this is a tall order, but does anyone know of a popperette for sale? I would prefer it to be with the stand.

#512 8 years ago

That is a popperette

1 week later
    #548 8 years ago

this is more or less a point of reference for the guys saying that their popcorn tastes stale. When "breaking in a new kettle" the first 10 or so batches always taste like crap because the kettle has no coating on it. so just keep making popcorn without actually scrubbing out the kettle every time. These are not meant to be cleaned every time. You can wipe then out and clean then with sop and water, but don't steel wool the burn out of them. You can then coat them with an olive or peanut oil like you would do with cast iron pans.

Also note that there is a point when it should be cleaned, and when that time comes it will start tasting burnt every time you pop.

6 years later
    #1582 2 years ago

Picked up a fun toy this weekend. I have my hands full for sure. Full of 60 year old congealed oil. Going to love restoring this guy.

7A9ECF60-404E-4E98-8ECD-5F73E7386017 (resized).jpeg7A9ECF60-404E-4E98-8ECD-5F73E7386017 (resized).jpeg
    #1587 2 years ago
    Quoted from TenaciousT:

I feel bad for the dog - he thinks it makes dog food !

She knows that popcorn is a T R E A T

#1591 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Should be an easy restore....
    [quoted image][quoted image]

God I know right?

Needless to say I will not keep the original color scheme. However I may go with that color scheme with a slight powder to it. Do more of a green and gold perhaps. Get away from those JD colors.

8 months later
    #1646 1 year ago

Not trying to photobomb my dog. But a local place has probably the best popcorn I’ve had in awhile just based on the corn itself. Is this what you’re talking about with mushroom kernels? If not, what kind of kernels are these?

Quoted from vid1900:

Mushroom popcorn is grown for making coated popcorn (like Carmel corn)
    It's chewier than normal corn so it's only sold in concession supply stores that also sell the candy coatings.
    Obviously, it has to be tougher to survive the tumbling process while being coated
    Movie theaters use Giant Yellow kernels
    =
    (google "concession supply near me" ) Some shops don't want the headache of dealing with the public, so just say you are from a church. Nobody says no to a church, lol.

A4B8E187-8E04-4EB4-AB8A-3507B8CC7E1E (resized).jpegA4B8E187-8E04-4EB4-AB8A-3507B8CC7E1E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Gundam_Pilot_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/popcorn-machine-who-has-one?tu=Gundam_Pilot_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.