Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by HighVoltage
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FullThrottle_-_Vancouver.jpg
photo30.jpg
arcade_poster.jpg
photo_45.jpg
photo_111.jpg
photo_212.jpg
photo_36.jpg

#1 4 years ago

Hi Folks,

I just opened a pop up arcade in East Van at 1146 Union Street - Landyachtz Factory outlet. I currently have a combination of 15 pinballs and video games there. I plan to put a few more in, in the next week or two. We are going to do a summer series league/bbq. The walls are decorated with pinball playfields, lit up backboxes, bezels, video game headers and so on.

Current lineup:

VIDS
- Ms Pac Man
- Donkey Kong
- Centipede
- Bubble Bobble
- Bust a Move
- Galaga
- Tetris Cocktail

PINS
- Taxi
- Demolition Man
- Street Fighter 2
- Jackbot
- Wizard of Oz
- Addams Family
- Whitewater
- Batman (will be swapped with Star Trek Stern soon)

We are in 'soft open' phase, please feel free to give feedback (prefer private). I will be installing an AC unit soon as well, and a sofa, so you can take a nap.

Thanks,
Kyle

photo_36.jpg
photo_212.jpg
photo_111.jpg
photo_45.jpg
arcade_poster.jpg
photo30.jpg

#2 4 years ago

Looks awesome! I'll have to try to get out there sooner than later

#3 4 years ago

Excellent, will do my best to get there this weekend

#4 4 years ago

Dude looks badass!!!

#5 4 years ago

Very cool! I hope to check it out this summer! And I might even be able to bring the kids (unlike Pub 340)...

#6 4 years ago

Doh...

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Dude looks badass!!!

Thanks!!!! It sure is amazing to work with a business who understands this culture. Jeff the manager there is so awesome. I call him a closet carny (like me). He's the one who did all the decorating with the stuff I provided, helped me move games for several days - I'm pretty thrilled with the result - I didn't think it would turn out this cool.

#8 4 years ago

Great job! We need more public pinball on the lower mainland and everywhere for that matter. Can't wait to stop by and play.
Congrats on a sweet spot!

#9 4 years ago

Nice to see I can bring the kids. Also like the old longboards used to make the sign. Have to stop in one day when I get out that way.

Looks good!

1 week later
#10 4 years ago

I'm thinking of hoppin on the ferry next weekend, anywhere near by to grab some beergies or a burger?

3 weeks later
#11 4 years ago

I was lucky enough to visit here with my family last week.

Tons of fun. My family isn't as big into pinball as I am (HUGE surprise there ) but my 3 and 7 year olds had fun rocking Wizard of Oz with me.

We also played Star Trek (Stern) as well as Addams Family. Convinced my 7 year old to play Roller Games

The mini Neo Geo cab was also a treat, the perfect size for my youngest daughter compared to my full size unit at home.

This is about a 2 minute walk from the Venables La Casa Gelato store. So if you're looking for a place to take the kids to play some pinball, choose from a few hundred flavors of gelato, then play some more pinball... this is your spot for the summer!

#12 4 years ago

That place looks awesome! Congrats and good luck!

#13 4 years ago

Will check it out in 2wks when I'm in town, can't wait!!

#14 4 years ago

I'll be in town this weekend. Hope to check it out.

3 weeks later
#15 4 years ago

Full Throttle VANCOUVER LAUNCH PARTY - SEP 20th (2pm-8pm)

@ Landyachtz Arcade 1146 Union St., Vancouver, BC

Nitro Amusements is extremely proud to invite you to attend the Vancouver Launch Party for Heighway Pinball's debut - Full Throttle. Come join us for a day of action packed silverball excitement! All FT's will be on FREE PLAY. There will also be a killer BBQ, fantastic door prizes.....and a very special treat for high score!

The event will be held at Vancouver's coolest arcade location. Sponsored by Heighway Pinball, Nitro Amusements, Landyachtz Arcade & East Van Amusements. This is one party you don't want to miss!

For further info contact tommy@nitroamusements.com

FullThrottle_-_Vancouver.jpg

#16 4 years ago

What exactly does the "pop-up" mean? Is this temporary? If I knew about this, I would have stopped by on my last visit to Vancouver, instead of hazarding the Hastings area to go to Pub 340! Heh, just looked, I guess this is probably same area...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, KY
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Rubber/Silicone
Scandinavian Pinball
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 27.99
Playfield - Protection
Lee's Parts
€ 3.70
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rogersville, MO
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus
$ 16.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Hardware
CPR Playfields
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 11,500.00
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Des Moines, IA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside