Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_2778 (resized).JPG

#1 7 years ago

Ok Quiz time! I recently acquired my first EM: a 1974 Gottlieb "Sky Jump". I'm on a crash course on learning about fixing and restoring EMs now. One of the nice things they did back then was to include labels identifying many of the parts inside a pin. However when I got mine, many of these useful labels were loose in the cabinet. Can you please help a fellow pinhead by posting pics of where these belong? Thanks so much for playing!

IMG_2778 (resized).JPGIMG_2778 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Post a picture of the tags and maybe we can point you in the right direction.

Another way is to use a schematic, and based on the coils listed, figure out which assembly is which based off the wire colors to the coil.

#3 7 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

Post a picture of the tags and maybe we can point you in the right direction.
Another way is to use a schematic, and based on the coils listed, figure out which assembly is which based off the wire colors to the coil.

Wired thing. I did upload the picture the first time and it showed in the preview. Anyway, pic now added.

#4 7 years ago

Please post a pic of the playfield. Have a pretty nice one that I'm going to have swapped out.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Please post a pic of the playfield. Have a pretty nice one that I'm going to have swapped out.

I would, but mine looks pretty much exactly like yours, except that some of the plastics are warped from the bulbs. Got a nice spare set you Want to sell?

#6 7 years ago

I might, probably will buy a new set of plastics when the swap is done. You're close and the guy who does my swaps is in the Tampa area. Swapping a trashed populated playfield with mine would make sense for someone.

#7 7 years ago

If you have the schematic it has a list of coils and relays. Here is what I can tell you without having your game or schematic. Most relays have a yellow sticker with black letter on it.

00-90 relay is labeled FS in backbox usually towards the bottom of the relay stack on the right.

100 point relay M on same stack as above.

1000 point relay L same as above.

Right left pop B under the playfield.

Replay unit is the unit that shows the 0-25 number in the small window in the backbox.

Thousands unit is from a player score reel as well as the ten thousands unit from a player score reel in the backbox.

The rest I don't know.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

I might, probably will buy a new set of plastics when the swap is done. You're close and the guy who does my swaps is in the Tampa area. Swapping a trashed populated playfield with mine would make sense for someone.

Please let me know. Got any pics of labels?

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

If you have the schematic it has a list of coils and relays. Here is what I can tell you without having your game or schematic. Most relays have a yellow sticker with black letter on it.
00-90 relay is labeled FS in backbox usually towards the bottom of the relay stack on the right.
100 point relay M on same stack as above.
1000 point relay L same as above.
Right left pop B under the playfield.
Replay unit is the unit that shows the 0-25 number in the small window in the backbox.
Thousands unit is from a player score reel as well as the ten thousands unit from a player score reel in the backbox.
The rest I don't know.

Thanks!

#10 7 years ago

Lost the key to my Sky Jump as well as another machine but if I can get the door open I'll make you a video when I get home.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Lost the key to my Sky Jump as well as another machine but if I can get the door open I'll make you a video when I get home.

Thanks!

#12 7 years ago

You should add Sky Jump to the title of this post

#13 7 years ago

Most of the rest are from the score reel housings (lock in switch, and other switch descriptions) I put the individual relay ones back on, but those score reels ones aren't as helpful, though pursists will want them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Santa Rosa, CA
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Electronics
Cobra Amusements
Electronics

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pop-quiz-1974-gottlieb-parts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.