You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Lucky Ace (resized).jpg
Bumpers (resized).jpg
caps numbered (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Have no clue what games these 9 caps are used on. any guesses?

caps numbered (resized).jpgcaps numbered (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

caps 8 and 9 are kind of the same color green. 8 shows off as more lime, but it's its like an iridescent green like 9 looks..

7 looks like a typical dark green cap, but has ribbed rings all through it, like a reflector for taillights like in old cars.

#3 7 years ago

3- volcano
4- caveman
6- mars god of war

#4 7 years ago

1: bounty hunter?
4: caveman
6: mgow

#5 7 years ago

1-6 gottlieb caps 4 cave man 1 bounty hunter 9 could be triple action star action williams.

#6 7 years ago

I thought they were triple action at first, but triple action has printing on them. Thought there was a game that didn't have hot stamping and more star looking. but they are the same type of green.

#7 7 years ago

that one is bounty hunter. Never seen that game before. Looks like sharp Shooter.

#8 7 years ago

#5 is Bally Goldball
#2 is Bally Grand Slam

#9 7 years ago

wow good call. Never thought of goldball and I even played one. Nice.

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

wow good call. Never thought of goldball and I even played one. Nice.

I recognized the artwork on the Goldball cap, then realized the Baseball one was also a Bally bumper cap from 1981-1987, and deduced it was Grand Slam.

#11 7 years ago

8 and 9 look like Gottlieb caps from the 1960's. With the slanted top.

#12 7 years ago

they do look like gottlieb, but stern used that style of cap on meteor too.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

I recognized the artwork on the Goldball cap, then realized the Baseball one was also a Bally bumper cap from 1981-1987, and deduced it was Grand Slam.

brilliant. I didn't know grand slam even existed.

#14 7 years ago

7 appears to be a Data East bumper cap.
8 and 9 look like generic caps that most manufactures used in the sixties, but 9 kind of throws me off a bit. It's a type of colour that Williams used in the early seventies, but not the shape or design they used.

Quoted from CNKay:

... 9 could be triple action star action williams.

It's the same colour, but not the same shape as the ones on Triple action. Weird.

#15 7 years ago

8 looks like an early SS Stern dead bumper cap.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

yes, same style, but I have not seen this color on anything. Which is the same green as williams caps.

For the DE cap, with the circle ribs in it. What game you think it was used on? I've owned almost every DE game before and i've never seen that.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

For the DE cap, with the circle ribs in it. What game you think it was used on? I've owned almost every DE game before and i've never seen that.

I thought TMNT at first, but they're a lighter green than #7
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5225-11

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

they do look like gottlieb, but stern used that style of cap on meteor too.

Quoted from RCA1:

Nine Ball also has one of those passive bumper caps (up in the top right of the playfield) except it's blue.

1 week later
#19 7 years ago

So a couple of hours ago, I was at the PHoF looking thru some of the EM, and I see this kind of uninteresting Williams card themed pin, and the I notice this:

Bumpers (resized).jpgBumpers (resized).jpg

A 1974 Lucky ace with two of # 9 on it!

Lucky Ace (resized).jpgLucky Ace (resized).jpg

#20 7 years ago

those look damn close. nice find. Those caps seem very out of place on that field.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

those look damn close. nice find. Those caps seem very out of place on that field.

In person, they look even more like your picture. I had to use a flash to get the picture so they look liter than they actually are.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pop-cap-quiz-unknown-caps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.