• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3ABC6B2B-CF47-42BC-B53C-BEA9B7FD6E74 (resized).png
D1802376-345E-4311-8A91-4EAE5701C287 (resized).png
ceramic-capacitor-0-05-mfd-25-volt (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider parasite68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hi.

One of my pop bumpers stopped working. I tried cleaning the switch contacts, but still nothing. The solenoid engages during the solenoid tests. Any thoughts or suggestions? Please help!

Thanks in advance!

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

if it pops in coil test then it is likely a switch issue. Get the manual out and find the switch matrix page to reference from. Put the game in switch test and check the pop bumper and other switches in the same row and column as the problem pop. Note if all switches in one row or column are not working or if just the pop is not working.
If its just the pop check closely under the PF around the pop. no broken wires off of the switch etc.
If an entire row or column is out look for a broken wire under the PF and check the MPU plug for connector problems. The top right plug on the MPU is playfield switches.

One other switch isn’t working. It’s the letter “I” at the top of the playfield. Not in front of the machine right now so I can’t do a switch test... How involved would it be to replace the switch if needed?

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Clip one leg of the the round ceramic disc capacitor on the switch for that pop bumper and see if it comes back to life.

Are you talking about the little resistor or the red thing next to it?

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

[quoted image]

Ahh... ok!

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

[quoted image]

So, snipping this would cause it to work again?

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I’ll also note that sometimes a broken wire might not be on that exact switch but on another switch in the same column or row, even though that other switch is working. So, it can’t hurt to take a quick look at the others.

If I’m reading this chart right, the right pop bumper and the “I” rollover is in the same row. So should I be looking for a clipped wire on one of the components in that row???

3ABC6B2B-CF47-42BC-B53C-BEA9B7FD6E74 (resized).png3ABC6B2B-CF47-42BC-B53C-BEA9B7FD6E74 (resized).pngD1802376-345E-4311-8A91-4EAE5701C287 (resized).pngD1802376-345E-4311-8A91-4EAE5701C287 (resized).png
#13 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Is anything else in that column not working? Like the spinner or the "A" target?

Now that I’m thinking about it, the left spinner wasn’t registering points and the a didnt on the last game we played this evening.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Is anything else in that column not working? Like the spinner or the "A" target?

which wires would I be looking for?

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

Check the wire color in common to all non working switches. Follow it along the playfield looking for a place it is broken loose. Check in the backbox connector for a broken female crimp contact or a broken solder joint on the connector header pin.

Thanks! I actually checked all connections at the mpu and they were all good earlier! Now I’m focused on the bottom of the PF! Thanks!
I’ll report tomorrow with what I’ve found!

#18 3 years ago

I checked and nothing in the column is working. There’s two brown wires with a white stripe connected to all on that column. None of them are loose. Does that mean the wiring itself is bad or is it something else?

#21 3 years ago

Okay. So I dig deeper and found the brown wire on the connector became unseated (apparently yesterday when I was fiddling). I also had a couple of blown fuses this morning. Everything is now working except for the right pop bumper. I’m guessing now that it’s the switch???

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from wdennie:

whens the last time the connectors were changed?

The connectors were changed out during this current restore!

#23 3 years ago

I knew these machines were delicate, but mine is extremely delicate! I’m afraid to fart around it now!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet parts
$ 10.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider parasite68.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pop-bumper-stopped-working-bally-kiss?tu=parasite68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.