Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by terryb
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I have a Gottlieb Circus which is a System 80 game. The left pop bumper is fine until the first hit on it. It then will lock in the engaged position and then blow the fuse. When the fuse blows or the power is shut off it disengages, so it isn't getting physically locked.

Where would be a good place to start looking? Could it be a transistor or board related. I have a feeling the same thing happened to the roto target coil at some point as it was completely melted and locked up. I have replaced it but it still does not work either. I don't see anything burned on the driver board.

#2 10 years ago

Could be electronic, but I'd check the mechanical stuff first. Check if the ring on the pop is not re-centering itself and keeping the switch closed. With the playfield up and the game off, push the ring around and see if it's catching in some way or the spring isn't strong enough to re-center it.

I have absolutely no Gottlieb experience, but that's how I'd go about it on a Williams game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pop-bumper-staying-engaged-after-the-first-hitsys-80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.