Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by EMsInKC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

A1CE14FC-2382-433C-B3C3-A3A628F55807 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EMsInKC.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

1. I've read Vid's guide.
    2. Four out of five of my pop bumpers have the correct coil- g 22 550. One of them is labeled A 22 550. What's the difference?
    3. Vid recommends getting new spoons on the theory that the plastic spoons get a worn spot and the bumper will always favor that spot. The spoons on my machine (Heat Wave) are metal. OK to keep them? (Haven't taken them apart yet... trying to get the parts ordered so I don't have five disassembled pop bumpers on my bench for a week while the parts get here.)
    4. Heat wave has two sets of pop bumpers that trigger together (two reds that are paired, and two greens). Why are they paired up?

The one coil has the same power but a different frame size. That's the difference between A and G.

The metal spoons are fine. The only reason to replace one is if one breaks. I don't know how a plastic spoon could get a wear spot in it since the skirt end sits in the center and goes in all directions but whatever. No need to replace metal spoons.

Howard answered the other question. The didn't always do it. Sometimes each bumper has its own relay. I don't care for the paired situation but that's what they did.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from undrdog:

Will new rings have to be polished with a bench machine that I don’t have?

No. If you really want to you can do it by hand

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EMsInKC.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pop-bumper-questions?tu=EMsInKC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.