New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 254768)

Pop bumper not working

By Gatchel

11 months ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Gorgar666
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 months ago

Hello I'm a new pin head with an Iron Maiden Pro. Bought in may of 2018. I play it ALOT. So far no issues but now I have a pop bumper not responding. Can someone guide me in the right direction on how to fix it. I went through Google but can't find anything spent quite a bit of time looking through the forums on pop bumper issues but can't find anything. Thank you very much in advance!

#2 11 months ago

Turn off game, remove lockdown bar, glass, balls and lift playfield.

Look at wires going to the coils for the pop bumpers. Look at the one not working and see if a wire broke off. If it did, solder it back on.

If the wires are attached, look at the gap of the switch and make sure it's similar to the others.

Short of that, might be broken metal or fiber yoke that holds the plunger to the rod/ring assembly.

#3 11 months ago

Your game has a switch test - see if pop bumper skirt switch registers, your game has a coil test - see if pop bumper coil fires.

One or the other needs attention.

LTG : )

#4 11 months ago

Thank you for the quick replies!!! Checked the wires. Everything looks solid. Where can I find the switch and coil test procedure. I looked on stern.com but can't find anything. Also....can someone explain the gap. The thin bar seems pretty far away compared to the others in the machine. Can I bend it? How can it lessen or widen over time? Thanks again guys!

#5 11 months ago
Quoted from Gatchel:

Where can I find the switch and coil test procedure.

Game turned on. Hit the enter diagnostic button, play with the other buttons. You'll figure it out.

#6 11 months ago
Quoted from Gatchel:

Where can I find the switch and coil test procedure.

6 months later
#7 4 months ago

....ok, why does only 2 of the 3 Leds in the Pops stay on?...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 18.95
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside