(Topic ID: 237498)

Pop Bumper Model

By lloprete

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frogger1108.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 5 years ago

I think I know what you're talking about, I had the same experience when I built my first custom pinball machine. Take a look at Bobs video of his homemade pinball machine, are your bumpers behaving similarly to his ?

If so, the problem is the already mentioned activation time of the bumpers which is too short if you just use a "short circuit" to activate them.
    I solved the problem by activating my bumpers with a microcontroller, in this case an Arduino. It's very cheap (Arduino + materials are under 10 bucks) and reliable and maybe also interesting for your project depending on what you want to include.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frogger1108.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pop-bumper-model?tu=frogger1108 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.