(Topic ID: 21343)

pop bumper locks on when machine is powered up. Now fixed!

By boostedskex

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Betelgeuse
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1175.JPG
IMG_1161.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 11 years ago

I think robertmee is on the right track here. You have eliminated the CPU board by removing the ribbon cable between the power and cpu board. I would be testing that board transistor next. I'd also be wondering if there's something in the wiring that caused both transistors to get shorted.

You're definitely doing the right thing by powering off that machine as soon as you discover the coil issue. Also, if you replace one transistor, may as well fix both boards at same time

#24 11 years ago

In ohm mode test impedance from the center lug to the ground pads or screws on the board. You get what? And compare it to a working one next to it. Then remove the solenoids connectors from the power board and test again.

#27 11 years ago

Yes. Usually when you get a shorted transistor you get 0 ohms. But 1.1 is way too low. But the part after pulling the plug doesn't make sense. I'm not sure what the plug is. The solenoid connector into the board is what I'm suggesting you remove. Try to isolate the board from the wiring.

Or better yet, disconnect the power board entirely and out it on your work bench. Then retest the transistor tip to screw plate. Is it still 1.1? If so, replace it. After replacing it, test it again same way. Is it like the others? Reinstall everything. If the solenoid still fires up locked on, test the transistor again. If its now at 1.1 or shorted then you know something in your wiring is blowing the transistor. I guess we should start there and move forward.

#30 11 years ago

And with the board out, the transistor shows 1.1 ohms from top to ground? If so replace it.

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from boostedskex:

On this rottendog board it uses 13N10L transistors. When checking them should i put red lead from meter on center leg of the transistor and the black lead on one of the outer legs or do i put black lead to the board where mounting screws go?

Sorry but I'm not sure how those test and I don't have a board here to look

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 72.50
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markmon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pop-bumper-locks-on-when-machine-is-powered-up?tu=markmon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.