• 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Riptor
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 8 years ago

Try this. DMM set to diode test. Red lead on ground, black lead touch the transistor tab/middle leg. If it shows less then 400 on your DMM, it is dead.

I don't think radio shack is going to carry a transistor close enough to what you need. Get a TIP-102. I used to sell these but I am out of stock right now. Try Great Plains Electronics.

Andrew

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from mg81:

I hate to think how many spare parts some of us have hoarded up. I have resisted buying too many TIP-102s since they are "expensive" (~$1) compared to some parts.
I have an unreasonable number of the common diodes and capacitors used on switches for Bally pins, at just a few pennies or less each the shipping always seems to be more. I think every parts order I made for a few years included an order of an extra 100 of each.

$1 each??? you should be buying them from me. I know they are OOS now, but i am working on it.

http://nvram.weebly.com/tip-102.html

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Transistors have a range of 131 to 145 across the board with q13 being no different.but I did do the jumper wire mods and cleaning all the connections with alcohol. Is it ok to use die electric grease on the connections?

This is not a valid reading, i am guessing your meter is bad or your technique is incorrect.

Like pinkid said. Typically there are unused transistors on the driver board. You can rotate an unused one to your locked on one and see what happens.

#19 8 years ago

I am technically out of stock, but i can sell you a few out of my personal stash to get your board up. Send me a PM with how many you need.

Andrew

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

4,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, MO
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Munster, IN
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pop-bumper-locked-on?tu=barakandl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.