Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by pinmike
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

pop bumper doesn't kick out ball. light works, give points. coil doesn't activate, brand new coil and diode. when i removed the old coil it didn't look as if it burned out. i am a newbie. data east last action hero. the other 2 coils work. i used the diagnostic test mode and it doesn't work either

#2 12 years ago

I am a noob too, but make sure its all clean!

#3 12 years ago

What type machine, gottlieb, williams, bally???

#4 12 years ago

sorry about that. data east last action hero. the other 2 PBs work

#5 12 years ago

If the coil for that pop bumper doesn't fire in test mode its not the switch. Check the coil first make sure its good and the wires are attached. Tug on em to be sure. Might be a fuse so rule, that out. If it still doesnt work check the transistor for that pop and make sure its good.That transistor might be bad, try grounding it and see if the coil fires. Also make sure your windings havent broke from the lug.

#6 12 years ago

i checked all the fuses. in test mode the other PBs fire off. i tugged on the wires and the wires are attached. how do i check if power is getting to the coil. i am a noob. do i ground to the metal legs and test the hot wires while in test mode.

what do you mean by "lug"?

#7 12 years ago

i also looked at the manual online and i can't figure out where the transistor is.

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from kiter67:

what do you mean by "lug"?

The lug on the coil. You will need to locate that transistor on the driver board and
it should tell you in the manual where its located.Locate that pop bumper in the
schematics and see what transistor it leads to.
Start here its good info on how to test. www.pinwiki.com

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
York, SC
Boards
Slap Save Creations

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lake Charles, LA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pop-bumper-doesnt-kick-out-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.