3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Zitt
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bumper%20body%20-%20old%20style_300x255[1] (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 3 years ago

All,
    Looking for my fellow pinheads to help test a new webpage I hand crafted. This webpage is intended to make configuring a set of modern Pop bumpers using our Translucent products instead of having to click to 7 different product pages.
    beta PopBumper Configuratorbeta PopBumper Configurator
    I'm interested in feedback and "problem reports" as you see them before I put the page in wide spread use.
    Please don't commit to buying any of the products on the configurator - unless you really want them.

You can post here, send me a PM, or an email... whichever is easiest for you.

Direct access to the Configurator is here:
    http://Pinball-Mods.com/url/PopBumperCFG

John

#2 3 years ago

I’d make/shade each component a different color, so it’s easy to identify what each part is.

And item 42 looks like it’s pointing to the metal ring.

#3 3 years ago

The shade each component changes with the color selection of the part.
    IE you select blue; it becomes blue. Green is Green; ect.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

The shade each component changes with the color selection of the part.
    IE you select blue; it becomes blue. Green is Green; ect.

Ah, cool. I was on my phone, and just changing the top color. Seems pretty nice.

#5 3 years ago

Nice job, I like how it's all on one page and makes it easy to track your choices. One thing I noticed was that when I clicked the select all checkbox and then changed colors the check box on some rows would clear. It looks like you are clearing it for products that are not in stock but an indicator like disabling the check box or changing a background color on the row would be nice. It still let me manually select the checkbox for pop caps but when I added items to the cart it was just missing which could be confusing.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from latenite04:

It looks like you are clearing it for products that are not in stock but an indicator like disabling the check box or changing a background color on the row would be nice.

Correct. The checkboxes clear for one of three reasons:
    1) The color selected is not available.
    2) The color selected does not have enough stock.
    3) The part item isn't considered critical.
    IMHO; most people don't want a pinball or mylar... so those and the thingy aren't selected by default. You can re-enable them if desired.

I'll think about a not in stock color/indicator. Already kind of a complex website... I worry about the interface already becoming too complex.
    John

#7 3 years ago

Bump. Still looking for feedback...

#8 3 years ago

@latenite04,
    Some minor cosmetic improvements; and the addition of a "debug log" which will provide the reason why a given checkbox is disabled. Not perfect; but I think it meets the immediate need.

Changes are live at:
    http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/PopBumper.php

If you've visited the page before; you might have the SHIFT-reload the webpage to get the latest css stylesheets.

1 year later
    #9 2 years ago

I've spent a couple of days trying to find the answer via google.
    Does anyone have the Patent number or a link to the patent for Bally's early solid state configuration?
    IE the one with this body:
    https://www.pinballlife.com/pop-bumper-body-older-style.html
    C-114C-114

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pop-bumper-configurator- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.