4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by zacaj
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

A 23-800 is probably used on an older game running at 25v, while the other is for newer games that run at 50v, I'd bet.

If you look on pinballmakers.com, they have a cad model of a pop bumper mech with coil.

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from fesp:

Thanks for your reply. I'm powering the coil with 50v. Can someone please confirm that a 23-800 coil is not right for that kind of voltage, and I should use a 26-1200 instead?

As long as your driver board can handle it, and it isn't physically too strong for your game, it's not an issue per se. This is why the pop bumper on TNA is so strong, for instance. But in general if you look at games like any modern 48v Sterns, their pops are using weaker coils.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zacaj.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pop-bumper-coil?tu=zacaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.