(Topic ID: 220684)

Pop Bumper Caps Don't Match Flyer (Gottlieb Grand Slam 1972)

By pleasespammelate

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Stoomer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Flyer Closeup.jpg
Pop bumpers - IPDB (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I picked up a Grand Slam (my first pin!) and noticed that the pop bumper caps are "Champs": Pop bumpers - IPDB (resized).jpgPop bumpers - IPDB (resized).jpg IPDB and YouTube show the same ones.

But the flyer for the machine shows baseballs: Flyer Closeup.jpgFlyer Closeup.jpg Why would the actual machines be different from the flyer?

#2 5 years ago

Flyers often show prototype or sample versions of the game, and often they changed minor details by the time they went into production, or even after production started. On the "after production" ones, this creates two versions of the same game. IPDB will usually mention these latter situations in the "Notes" section, and IPSND lists these under the "Game Traits" tab.

I don't see that difference on either of those sites, so it was probably only on the prototype and/or sample versions of this game that they used the baseball caps.

Sean

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pop-bumper-caps-don-t-match-flyer-gottlieb-grand-slam-1972?hl=pleasespammelate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.