View topic image gallery

Expedition.jpg
Expedition.jpg
Pinbot.jpg
Pinbot-Over-board.jpg
!!!best.jpg
BOD_MEME_pinbot.jpg
#1 11 years ago

What a shame. Looked to be in pretty good shape too and it was fully working. Sigh...

ebay.com link: WILLIAMS PINBOT PLAYFIELD UNDERSIDE BOARDS SWITCHES FLIPPERS TARGETS VISOR MOTOR

#2 11 years ago

wow.. so your basically getting some brackets, used coils, and some pc boards. He even clipped all the wiring, so good luck trying to piece any of that back together. I really wonder what would possess someone to do this
BOD_MEME_pinbot.jpgBOD_MEME_pinbot.jpg

#3 11 years ago

parting a machine that's beyond the grave is good. i'm all for it. helps others with missing parts. same goes for classic cars/trucks.

#4 11 years ago

This states it was a fully working machine before he parted it out - sounds pretty stupid to me, he could of gotten $600 $700 bucks even if the playfield was shot but now looks like hes struggling to get $39 - pretty sweet business move

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

Parting a machine that's beyond the grave is good. I'm all for it. Helps others with missing parts ...

I agree, but by the seller's own admission, this game was hardly "beyond the grave" ...

The machine was in full working order but I had had enough of it. I was given the machine in 1990 by a friend who had completely rebuilt it. The rebuild included having to hand paint much of the playing field and then covering it with mylar. While this allowed for him to restore a machine that he had gotten for nothing, it also meant that it became a very hard sell when I tried to sell it and I was just sick of looking at it.

It sounds like this would have been a perfect candidate for restoration.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from fusion301:

This states it was a fully working machine before he parted it out - sounds pretty stupid to me, he could of gotten $600 $700 bucks even if the playfield was shot but now looks like hes struggling to get $39 - pretty sweet business move

He's getting more than $39.....

BG - $100
Topper - $100
System 11 Board Set - $300
Pinbot Spiral Ramp if good - $50
Miscellaneous plastics - $30
Displays - $50

There's your $600 bucks....Granted, I hate that's the route that was taken for a working pinbot, but it could make economic sense.

#7 11 years ago

there's another 12000 floating around. no tears here.

i don't know why people get sympathetic when a game gets parted. people need parts and someone wants to recoup some cash.

it's like an organ transplant. if someone wants to do it. let em do it

#8 11 years ago

yeah I suppose you can sell every part and get your money back - but that sounds like way more work, shipping and frustration then just selling it complete - the guy stated he was tired of seeing it so now he gets to see it in a million pieces and deal with a bunch of ebay crap and fees and pictures.. oh well to each his own.

#9 11 years ago

I'd rather take EVERYTHING apart and sell it by part.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

it's like an organ transplant

No, an organ transplant is taking something from a dead body. Taking parts from a pinball is like parting out a delorean, there are only so many (in many cases, only a few thousand).

Just to put that number in perspective, They made 12,000 pinbots. Let's say there are 10,000 pinbots that still exist in the entire world (some are parted, some are routed to death and tossed). There are 7 billion people on the planet, let's say .1% are interested in pinball (like to play, can actually afford it), that's 7 million. Now let's say .15% of those collectors are seriously interested in pinbot (remember playing as a kid, played the virtual one and now want the real thing), now you have 10,500 that are interested. Oh man, but only 10,000 exist! If all were preserved, more than enough for everyone, but because not all were preserved, now you have a supply demand problem. 500 of those people are going to be fighting, or paying a premium price to another collector to convince them to give up their pinbot.

#11 11 years ago

I have an idea, I'm going to go out, buy working games a

Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:there's another 12000 floating around. no tears here.
i don't know why people get sympathetic when a game gets parted. people need parts and someone wants to recoup some cash.
it's like an organ transplant. if someone wants to do it. let em do it

Usually the person is dead before the organs are transfered. This dude states the game was fully working. We all complain about rising prices, well this just adds to the problem.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

This dude states the game was fully working.

Sure he says that now, but if the game was FULLY working, why cut it into little pieces?

#13 11 years ago

"Great price, wish I was closer", "this shouldn't last long" - that adds to prices much faster than a machine getting scraped for parts, in my opinion.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I have an idea, I'm going to go out, buy working games a

Usually the person is dead before the organs are transfered. This dude states the game was fully working. We all complain about rising prices, well this just adds to the problem.

Rising prices were jjp. It had nothing to do with parting a game. I call bs on fully working. Another cut/paste sales pitch. I wouldn't be too trusting of a guy who initials FUK in the high score.

#15 11 years ago

I reached out to the seller (since he's relatively local) and asked if he would be willing to sell as a lump...they told me that they were not interested.

Shame. Heck of a lot less work for them to sell in one shot!

#16 11 years ago

I don't care what anyone says. They only made so many of these pins. One pinbot less in existence means one pinbot closer to extinction.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

wow.. so your basically getting some brackets, used coils, and some pc boards. He even clipped all the wiring, so good luck trying to piece any of that back together. I really wonder what would possess someone to do this

Absolutely hilarious. I wonder how many of us got that joke and know the movie. One of my favorite comedies for sure.

#18 11 years ago

The last statement of him saying it was very hard to sell in the condition it was in tells me he was asking too much for it to begin with it chose to try making his money back by parting it out.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from ThatGuy:

Absolutely hilarious. I wonder how many of us got that joke and know the movie. One of my favorite comedies for sure.

I got it. Love that movie. Now back to reading my new book, "How To Pick Up Trashy Women" !!!best.jpg!!!best.jpg

#20 11 years ago

My Pinbot was in Great Shape and played Strong , but it never made it Home intact !!!

So 2-weeks later i drove to South Hill Va and bought another ,,, It made it !!!

Hauling w/ a trailer days are in the Past , since I bought my Expedition .. can get 2 in the back

Pinbot-Over-board.jpgPinbot-Over-board.jpg Pinbot.jpgPinbot.jpg Expedition.jpgExpedition.jpg

#21 11 years ago

My brother once had a Stargate that tipped out of the side of a pickup truck to its death.

Believe it or not, the monitor survived, but even the coin door was destroyed.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

Rising prices were jjp. It had nothing to do with parting a game. I call bs on fully working. Another cut/paste sales pitch. I wouldn't be too trusting of a guy who initials FUK in the high score.

Econ 101 - reduce the supply and price will increase. Every time a game is parted out, the supply just got less - we know demand is increasing and there is your price bubble. If not so much now, how will it effect the price of a pinbot in 2023?

Parting out games should be a last resort only if the game is trashed. Not because some knothead wants to make $200.

#23 11 years ago

how the hell does stuff fall out of the truck? People shipping this stuff with the legs on or something? Worst move in the world.

#24 11 years ago

Did anyone here win the Pinbot plastics auction today from this machine?

ebay.com link: itm

I bid up to $150, but the winner went up to $212.50. I need the large helmet piece at the top of the playfield. I figured I could always buy a repro set of plastics until I realized that piece is not flat (duh).

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

how the hell does stuff fall out of the truck? People shipping this stuff with the legs on or something? Worst move in the world.

In my brother's case the ratcheting straps were assembled wrong, so the first turn the truck took, out went the Stargate.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,152 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pulaski, PA
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
West Chester, PA
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Lighting - Backbox
Twisted Tokens

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poor-pinbot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.