pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20230127_013429 (resized).jpg
8 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230125_175301 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230125_211008 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230125_210634 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230125_145140 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_mutha.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#284 5 years ago

Ok, so I built some stadium lights and noticed if the machine is on for a while and warms up, the magnet starts to separate from the channel, I'm using .5 plastic corner guards. Is there a specific brand of magnet tape or extra double sided tape I need to use to keep them secured?

#289 5 years ago

Thanks everyone for your reply! I think I'll try getting both led and magnet tape without the adhesive and use amazing goop 2. Not sure how well it will work, but man that stuff sticks to EVERYTHING!

#299 5 years ago

So can anyone here tell me what the best brand rgbw strip to get? It seems like all the one I have ordered are very flimsy and don't lay really flat against the channel to get good adhesion. I know there are different thickness of Pcb that will make them more rigid, but I'm having a hard time locating them, or at least there's no descriptions saying what the pcb oz's are on Amazon.

Thanks for all the help!

1 year later
#506 4 years ago

So I have been looking around pinside and noticed that there's no one else that sell strip lighting like pinstadium. Is this because the website says patent pending?

I searched the government patent search and Googles patent search and could find anything on the product. Does anyone know what the assigned pending number is? It's normal practice to have the number displayed with the patent pending.

#508 4 years ago
Quoted from mjruser:

I don't see anything they could patent?

Yeah I'm just curious as to what is being patented, if someone wants to make a similar product they need to know the patent application number or patent number to make sure they don't infringe the patent.

#510 4 years ago

Thanks, I've search his name, parts of his name, and nothing comes up in the patent application search or patent search. I've tested my searches with known information from other applications and the search works fine. I'm really confused now.

#514 4 years ago

Thanks, since it's in pending status there should be an application number and or inventor name to search on. I can't find his name in the application search.

The problem is, if someone starts to make and sell them and his patent is approved he can go back on that person and collect royalties. So a person needs to know so they don't violate what he has a pending patent on.

I think he make a great product, but for some the price is too high and a cheaper alternative wood be nice to see, especially if you don't have the skills to make them yourself. There's room for competition and it's also good for innovation.

#517 4 years ago

Thanks, in doing some research I found this from a patent lawyer:

"Patent applications are normally published after 18 months from the earliest filing date. As soon as the patent application becomes published, you can send the infringer a copy of the patent application publication and put him on notice. Then, when the patent becomes granted with mostly similar claims, you may be able recover damages for the period before the patent is granted if you choose to sue the infringer."

#523 4 years ago

I don't want the thread to become negative towards anyone. I thought it was a good thread to ask the question since so many people are building them and might want to sell them without fear of infringement.

Also this way if someone does sell them, and decides to expand beyond just an led strip and L bracket, they can.

2 months later
#659 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

[quoted image]

Those look great! where do you get your channels?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Point, UT
£ 195.00
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 69.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Shark

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 139.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_mutha.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poor-mans-stadium-lighting?tu=pinball_mutha and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.