pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20230127_013429 (resized).jpg
8 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230125_175301 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230125_211008 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230125_210634 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230125_145140 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

I have never tried that before, but it sounds like a very good idea. I already have 60 per meter strips, I will look and see if I have a 9 volt power supply.

Why the aversion to the light controller? They are dirt cheap and then you can also add on/off if you want, etc.

#156 6 years ago

And now Steve at PinRefinary is moving in on the space...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-mi-pinball-refinery-gi-lighting-rail-for-all-makes-of-pinball

pinstadium guys will point out the controller he includes (looks like Steve's is not app controlled) but the warning shot has been fired

#157 6 years ago

Ebay Take your pick of IR, bluetooth, etc. Styles depend on if you are doing RGB vs single color, etc. My single color LEDs are controlled with a simple $8 controller like this

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MHKCTLE

One I used more than 2 years ago... gives me brightness and on/off for 3 sets of lights wired downstream of it.

These days the power supplies almost cost more than the LEDs and controllers... including the App ones.

1 month later
#253 6 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I use these plugs soldered directly to the LED pads for basic white lighting. I don't really care for all the added effects of Pinstadium lighting, but I have half a notion to do a full DIY on how to replicate them for a fraction of the price now.

nice.. can you provide a link to the type of plugs you've used?

The clamp on LED strip type I find to be fickle.. I'd hate it in a pinball cabinet where you'd be moving them around a lot.

1 year later
#535 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pinstadium is making a stream edition at attaches to the outside of the game. That might be an option for me too. I’ll have to see it first.

Really, how could you tell? All I saw was a bunch of hot air and graphics and zero about the actual product

#577 4 years ago

The diffuser problem is much easier if you are focusing only on single color applications. It’s hard for pinstadium because he’s trying to solve for rgbw strips.

Someone should just do a simple white with Bluetooth dimmer, gi relay and power supply. That’s all 90% would really benefit from and fit the purist market too. I don’t think people have found great alternatives to the plastic extrusion pieces pinstadium uses tho

#592 4 years ago

I think most pinball people now are just more willing to pay for stuff rather than do it themselves.

Its why people are harking to buy 'playfield glass protectors' and crap... rather than sit their glass on a piece of cardboard, carpet, or something out of the corner of your basement. And why people are paying $100-$400 for figurine mods, etc.

#619 4 years ago
Quoted from CLEllison:

The 1/16" thickness will easily slide between the cabinet and playfield. This is great. No additional shadows or blockage/eye sores.
The plan is to mount under playfield. I believe 2 per side will be sufficient. Now to get some measurements AMD bending going. Need to ensure the base is bent at an angle so the lights run the same angle as the cabinet.

Now your start to realize why pinstadium built an adjustable height and tilt bracket. Your height is going to depend on where on the pf you mount.... which can vary game to game. And your angle will depend on that location too. The glass and playfield are not at the same angle. And where you have good space on the pf will vary title to title.

And 1/8 on both sides won’t fit all cabinets. That’s probably why pin stadium opted to go for a top side mounting.

#625 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I have not seen any "plastic" channels that are not bent in some way. You might get lucky or not care about them being perfectly straight. But, if you are, then you might want to consider aluminum.

They should be flexible enough to be held straight by the mount to the cabinet.

They should sag on their own... but not be crimped/creased to be "bent"

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 139.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Point, UT
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

£ 195.00
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Shark

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poor-mans-stadium-lighting?tu=flynnibus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.