pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20230127_013429 (resized).jpg
8 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230125_175301 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230125_211008 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230125_210634 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230125_145140 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider compy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

With the relay board I'm working on, you can just plug in a cheap 12v power supply into the service outlet and it will switch the lighting on and off anytime the GI triggers it. I'm hoping to have some time to play around with it this weekend and try my prototypes as well as get the final layout complete for my solid state boards.
Are all pinball machines 6.3V ac GI?

One thing to keep in mind when tying to the GI is that some games actually time the zero-cross of the AC line for the GI in order to fade the lamps. That could potentially cause some relay chatter. One game I know you can test on is Demolition Man specifically during the ACMAG mode.

5 years later
#983 3 months ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I wish there was someone making these el cheapo light bars an offering them for sale, I have grown tired of making them myself.

Stay tuned.

#984 89 days ago

For those of you who don't know, 86Pixels has created mods for the past several years, primarily the Pinvision system which is the interactive backboard display for Twilight Zone, TRON, Theatre of Magic and others. Next up will be our "Pinlights" line of products. Simply, they're lights that'll interact with the game and they're a hell of a lot cheaper (close to 1/3-1/2 of the lowest tier of the competition). Of course, nobody ever JUST wants to compete on price because that's bad for industries as small as ours, so here's the feature list:

1. Everything is diffused, no spots anywhere.
2. Side glare shields so you're not blinded when playing an adjacent game.
3. Super thin magnet mount strips so you don't have to screw with the larger "commonly available" magnets that scuff when you raise the playfield.
4. A wire harness disconnect about 6" beyond the light bar so you can actually REMOVE them without having to take the guts out of the machine.
5. GI and flasher integration
6. A mobile app and hardware system that is designed for pinball (this sounds super market-y, but hear me out)
7. For people with side art blades, we're testing out a metal mounting bracket so the lights don't peel your art off due to the weight... so no more flaccid artwork!

Given #6, we can do a bunch of things that nobody else can, here's a shot of the app:

ss2 (resized).pngss2 (resized).png ss1 (resized).pngss1 (resized).png

A. Power, well, this is self explanatory
B. "Duck GI During Flashers" - For an added flasher effect, you can turn the GI of the light bar off when a flasher hit occurs
C. Tournament Mode - Disable all effects and just leave the system "ON" as to not be distracting
D. GI Cool White/Warm White mix - Mix in GI color temperature. Some games look better with a warmer white option, newer sterns often look better with cooler white, or mix both for a daytime white color.
E. GI Flasher Mix - Some games look better with a bit of the purple flasher circuit mixed in, so you can dial that in here.
F. GI Minimum Brightness - On some games the GI flickers... a LOT, and with lights like these, it can create a nearly blinding strobing effect. Set this setting so you can still see the ball during these features.
G. Turn off GI after (seconds) - If you're using the minimum brightness setting, turn off your GI "eventually" so your game doesn't stay on the minimum brightness when you actually power off your game.

The app can also do firmware updates so as we add features or fix bugs, you can take advantage. There's also no forced cloud bullshit with this app. If you don't want to sync your junk to the cloud, you don't need to register or anything and you can just keep it on your phone.

I haven't discussed this publicly, but only with a few testers, but here's a commitment from me on this one:
1. No forced marketing. We won't game the system by attaching our product listings to every game imaginable (unless said product is designed for one game specifically, looking at you expression lighting...)
2. Honest marketing - No manipulated images. In fact, all of our promos will have a light meter at the center of the playfield (see below)

Right now I'm just waiting on approval from the various app stores. We've got all the parts, boards, wire harnesses, lights, etc here and ready to go.

pinlights-classic-comp-ft-720 (resized).pngpinlights-classic-comp-ft-720 (resized).png

Anywho, happy Friday and lets play some pinball!

-- Jimmy

PXL_20231122_065323557(1) (resized).jpgPXL_20231122_065323557(1) (resized).jpg

1 month later
#995 43 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Compy
Saw the Pinball Mod Talk video are the lights shipping now? I see the website is up and you can place an order.

Not yet. Waiting for final app approval given our latest revisions/changes in the app stores which generally takes a few days. Any orders placed on the site are "test orders" and aren't hooked up to our actual payment system

I'm planning the launch post-TPF. We'll also have them here on Pinside so that Robin gets the appropriate cut.

#997 42 days ago

See y'all at TPF!

PXL_20240314_012819212 (resized).jpgPXL_20240314_012819212 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Point, UT
$ 69.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 195.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 139.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider compy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poor-mans-stadium-lighting?tu=compy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.