pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20230127_013429 (resized).jpg
8 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230125_175301 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230125_211008 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230125_210634 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230125_145140 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rock914.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#413 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

The only problem with the service outlet is that the power is on all the time, even when your machine is switched off. So unless something else turns the lights off, they will always be on when you have the machine plugged in the wall.

Thanks for the tag Lermods

JodyG I can certainly see why you would think that, this is not true of my mod at all.

I built my Game On System to only be on when the Game is On. I utilize a light sensor relay to turn the power on to the system. If you put the sensor near a GI light it will act as a GI relay. Additional sensors can be purchased (up to 8 ) to interact with any light in the game be it GI, flasher, insert, spot or what have you. I built this system as a work around for Stern Spike games since the node boards are so fragile and Stern voids the warranty if we plug into them. So, with this system I can power all my mods and other makers such as Lermods, Mezelmods, speaker light kits, etc... I will be adding a larger power supply to handle all these mods as well as colordmd.

I have not read much of this thread and have always supported and helped the DIY guys. I just want to say Pinstadium lights are a great product and well worth the money in my opinion. Scott does a fantastic job with them and his tech support is excellent.

#415 5 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

That sounds like my photosensor control that was installed in your display game in New England that I loaned you. I talked about them 9 months ago on this link https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/%e2%9c%94-lighted-magnetic-hinge-covers-lighted-pinball-mods
Wish you would have at least talked to me about them or give me a bit of credit.

Here is a picture of my Game On setup.

Since you have not responded to your email or PM I guess I will address this here.

Looks like you were if fact using something very similar 9 months ago, so if you want credit here it is. Great way to supply power to your mod without using the machines boards, genius! That is exactly why I created this system to power mods as well as provide interactive features. I looked at your mods yesterday and you supply nothing that does this so I am not sure what the issue is. I did not copy what you were using even though we may be using the same thing. You or your mod were not even a thought in my head so I am not sure why I would have contacted you about it. I like your mods very much and from what I have seen you do nice work.

You did graciously lend me your game to put in Pinstadiums booth at Pintastic, thank you. I wish I understood what you were doing then. I think we could have worked together on this. But you know shows we were both very busy with our own booths and I had a rough time looking after Pinstadiums booth as well. Feel free to email me if you would like to discuss further.

Thanks for all the PM’s guys. To answer some questions. No, I will not build a product similar to Pinstadiums for you. I provide a GI relay that was asked for in this thread. If you want Pinstadiums buy the real deal. I worked with Scott a lot on them before they came to market, they are a fantastic product. If you are making them yourself and need a GI relay and power, I have that.

Regards
Chris
https://www.rockcustompinball.com

F9AF419B-FDF1-48EC-B99D-804C3E076121 (resized).jpegF9AF419B-FDF1-48EC-B99D-804C3E076121 (resized).jpeg
#421 5 years ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

Here is a 91 second video that was posted on Youtube 9 months ago that demonstrated the photosenor relay. Look closely, 12V 5.5mm x 2.1mm out, we even have two outputs to hook up to two items without using a spliter. That has a 1 amp power supply on it in that picture, but our design can handle over 10 amps. The phototsensor is on a wire, so it can be put next to any light in your game to control the power flow. The board even has a pedometer on it so you can control the light input if needed for more delicate inputs. The only difference is you put yours in a box.
Please note that video was posted 9 months ago, 7 months before yours came out, and the video has about 1,300 views.
Their is no difference between your item and mine item, and you had my item in your hand in June of 2018!!
Dan

You assume to much.

Why are you posting this? All the answers have been addressed in PM’s. I didn’t copy your stuff. Just because our relays are similar does not mean I copied you. I don’t even see that you sell a power supply like this or one at all. If you still believe you have been wronged offer the same thing as me, hell make it cheaper for everyone. That should help the community.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 139.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

£ 195.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Point, UT
$ 10.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Shark

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 55.00
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rock914.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poor-mans-stadium-lighting?tu=Rock914 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.