pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20230127_013429 (resized).jpg
8 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230125_175301 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230125_211008 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230125_210634 (resized).jpg
IMG_20230125_145140 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Langless28.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I made two kits for Baywatch and Big Hurt which both just needed well lit, even lighting, across the playfield. I do own a Pin Stadium kit too, but it's overkill and expensive for each pin, and it's an easy & cheap DIY mod that yields excellent results. For these two games I just used a white LED strip since I knew I only wanted white - no need for a remote for changing colors, etc. The next kit I make will use an RGB LED with remote because it will replace the Pin Stadium installed in Mustang. White LEDs just make the lighting in Mustang too bright and sterile - like walking into a 7-11. For Mustang I found dialing down the white and brightness and adding a tinge of yellow to get a warm feel.

Pomc, did you use warm white or cool white strips on that baywatch? Looks awesome.

2 weeks later
#71 6 years ago

why are the relays so large? How many amps can they handle? Whats the difference between these boards and the ~$2 Chinese boards that were brought up earlier?

3 weeks later
#128 6 years ago

Heads up warm white led strip plus power supply is on sale 50% off on Amazon. Don't think you can get much cheaper than $9.99 for 16' plus power supply. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01FHLPT52

#131 6 years ago

Where is everyone finding pre-finished corner trim. HD only has raw aluminum angle.

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I buy pvc angle strips from Amazon.

In black?

My searching skills are poor today and not turning up anything. Can you provide a link?

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I just use the aluminum angle and spray paint it black. Takes 5 minutes.

New England. No heated garage. Was hoping for an off the shelf no painting required.

#140 6 years ago

Just made a quick set. Total cost was $9 for light and ps, have enough lights for 1 more machine too. $16 for aluminum rail. $2 Velcro. $28 total. If I can find a diffused costing strip I think I will go with that next. I also want to get dimmer because it's too bright but even on a wide body, I get nice even warm white light across. The game is not on either.

IMG_7124 (resized).JPGIMG_7124 (resized).JPG
IMG_7125 (resized).JPGIMG_7125 (resized).JPG

#143 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Was this the 60 led per meter or the 30 per meter strips.

Says 300 led and it was a 5m strip so 60 I guess. Like in my last post the $9.99 5m strip plus power supply is not on sale anymore so link goes to another one of their products. Seems like they run deals at $9.99 that change. Now it's two 5m strips for 9.99.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01FHLPT52

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

So I see recent post are buying 12 volt led strips so how is everyone powering it? From the service outlet or where else?

Yeah I plan to use service outlet. I have my games (only 3) on power strips or hopefully get one of those wifi outlets so I can say "hey Alexa, turn on the arcade

#158 6 years ago

$40 is not that bad including some mark up for your time. I made mine first cheap for $28. That's with the LED's on sale. Granted a 16' roll is enough for two machines.

Ps Amazon has dimmers with ir remote for $6. Made my lights so much better.

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from HemiOrange09:

I'm offering them for the guys who just want to plug them using my pictured directions and not to make them.

Yes I agree the price is not bad for the people who:
Do not want to spend $100+ on lights
Do not want to /desire to make something themselves.

I think your price is very reasonable since I've built a set myself for only a little less than that!

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Steve's pricing is great. At his price why take the time to make your own unless you just enjoy that sort of thing which I do not.

Yes I'm one of those people sometimes it's a bad character trait. I bought used twin cylinder cast head 20 gallon compressor for $30 at a yard sale so I can restore it and have something I can use a hvlp gun with. Turned out tank was too questionable with rust inside, rebuild kit, new ss line, flywheel had a crack, making belt guard, I could have bought a brand new portercable cast head 20 gal compressor and saved some money.

But the trip was fun, leaned new techniques and it's the nicest old compressor I have used. Superseded cfm output from factory manual due to honing and rebuild .

#173 6 years ago

Searched diffused led strip light and came across this company. Some interesting products and I think this strip cover might work well.

https://www.solidapollo.com/78-Milky-LED-Strip-Diffuser/Cover.html

2 months later
#292 5 years ago

Is everyone who loves stadium lighting like playing in the dark? I made a set early on in the thread for DM and found indirect above lighting is better for me as I play with the lights on.

9 months later
#428 5 years ago

Just finished this set for my party zone. It’s plenty bright but the game has a feature you never see. Amazing fluorescent paint scheme!

The game has a single GI string that’s only red lights. You can’t tell with all other strings on but when they are turned off, it’s really cool. I took it 1 step further and used a 6vac relay NC on a normal GI string so when only the red string is on, so is my uv rail lights. Pretty pleased as it’s a cool effect. Sorry for crappy playing and glass glare. Also sorry, my kids watching Brave in the background.

D562D0AF-A4AC-4755-A4C9-CDB5CA558C2D (resized).jpegD562D0AF-A4AC-4755-A4C9-CDB5CA558C2D (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#431 5 years ago

is it just for a brief time after power down? some wall warts (power supplies) have dc smoothing caps in them that hold a change for a small amount of time after they are unplugged/off maybe 10-20s.

if they fully turn on with the socket turned off then something is probably wrong with the socket.

5 months later
#602 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Has anyone come up with a way to mount these on the sides of the playfield rather than the inside of the cabinet? It would be really nice to be able to lift the playfield without needing to remember to remove them.

I am working on it . I’m thinking like a L bracket that mounts under the playfield to an existing light screw or similar.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 139.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

£ 195.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 90.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Point, UT
$ 22.50
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Shark

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Langless28.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poor-mans-stadium-lighting?tu=Langless28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.