IMG_8639 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8638 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8637 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8636 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8635 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8631 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8633 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gillen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

It has begun...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Lovely. Picked up a Pool Sharks yesterday so following!

#45 4 years ago

How much does your sharks mouth move when he talks? Mine seems to flail and barely move.

My bottom mouth is broken at the hole so at times it doesn't fit properly but it still works. Did a video so you can compare.

#47 4 years ago

Not really tight. When I had to reattach it after transport I also snug it to hard, just loosened it a bit so I could move it with my finger without any real force.

#51 4 years ago

Looked around for apron cards. Most were blurry photoshops so I went and redid all the art. What do you guys think? Feedback welcome. Still a WIP, be kind...
[quoted image]

Do it border less. Other than that they look absolutely great. Would love to get them when done. If you keep the border I am gonna keep asking for your psd-file.

Oh, change the "Music/Sound: Paul Heitsch. Robin Seaver" to "Music/Sound: Paul Heitsch, Robin Seaver". Comma ftw.

1 month later
#54 4 years ago

Anyone know what bats game originally shipped with? My game came with white bats when I bought it but the flyer seems to show ribbed yellow bats. When I check the manual it says 20-9250-5 which are standard White Williams...

I'm working on my Pool Sharks, I have my play field totally stripped, will remove bubbled mylar, do some minor painting and later clear coat. Worth every second because this game is great! Just wish I could find some new side decals.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Pool sharks shipped with yellow ribbed bally bats

Thanks, I wonder why they have the white flippers in manual. Maybe an error from Bally, not that uncommon I guess.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

and having some interest in this pin, just 1 ask to PS owners : can you, in the setup, change the left lane always giving something in mystery ? and if yes, how is this working than ?

as that's a prob for me, feeling (never really played this game in real) this pin becoming a "1 shoot only" pinball !?

It's really not worth shooting it over and over again, the reward is too small. Going down in the bumpers every time can be dangerous, the out lanes is quite hard frankly. On my machine I turned off extra balls and it's quite common that the reward is a extra ball. Cuestick reward isn't worth a lot and the points rewards are rather small. The only reason to go there is to increase the multiplier and get the CUE letters for the Tiger Shark.

You can do a lot of changes in the settings, I refer to the manual for some good reading on what you can change (https://www.ipdb.org/files/1848/Bally_1990_Pool_Sharks_Manual.pdf).
I play with no extra balls and multiplier & lane memories turned off. That's how I like it. Other settings are according to medium (factory) option.

Trick shots is really what I aim for. Left and middle drop targets can be really dangerous to shoot if you don't hit them "correctly".
In that way I think this game is a little bit like Walking Dead with really dangerous drop targets.

1 shot game? Noooo.

#62 4 years ago

I made these cards and the guy who bought my game printed them. I think he printed them at a drug store so they messed up the dimensions a bit and cut off the top and bottoms with a 4x6 standard print.

They look great. Any chance I could get a copy of your .ai-file? Need to print new ones as well, may also translate the rules.

#67 4 years ago

Ya, no problem. Some time by the end of week. Still at hospital with new baby...lol

Congratulations, that's wonderfull. No rush. Take care!
I even had to donate to reply since Pool Sharks is now a hot topic!

#77 4 years ago

Actually it doesn't have all the plastics, it's missing the pool player at the pool table. ^^

#81 4 years ago

Slingshot plastics, skill shot plastic and insert decal overlays I would pay top $€£¥ for!

Anyone know which fonts are used on all the numbers and letters in the insert overlays? May need to do my own water slide decals.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gillen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pool-sharks-where-are-you?tu=gillen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.