IMG_8639 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8638 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8637 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8636 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8635 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8631 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8633 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chitownpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 11 years ago

I have an opportunity to get one of these. Maybe I will, lots of love in here so far.

6 years later
#30 4 years ago

Just picked up this pool sharks last night. Batteries were fuzzy, barf.

No damage to the board it seems though.

738C1796-305E-461B-865D-06AABC58E0D8 (resized).jpeg738C1796-305E-461B-865D-06AABC58E0D8 (resized).jpegDB897581-0EFB-4B5F-867C-CADBBB44A080 (resized).jpegDB897581-0EFB-4B5F-867C-CADBBB44A080 (resized).jpeg
#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Good lord. Get in there with some alcohol and qtips and
neutralize that fuzz!!

I clipped that whole assembly off late last night so I didnt have any nightmares. Cleaned it up this morning. I think we got a contender!

1 week later
#33 4 years ago

Looks like I need some new fuses. Was going through testing them all and one fell apart in my hands...lol

I have about $300 worth of parts waiting to go into Sharks once I get it booting.

#34 4 years ago

Still sussing out my power supply issues. Got it down to the 39k resistors. Hopefully I can pick some up this weekend and get the displays back up so I can see the error codes.

Looks like the previous owner doubled up rubbers in some areas....weird

Question; What color are the majority of your star posts? I saw a thread with a torn down playfield that had all red. Mine has a combo of red and green.

AEB46BFD-861B-47B7-9C08-338BED862282 (resized).jpegAEB46BFD-861B-47B7-9C08-338BED862282 (resized).jpeg
#39 4 years ago

39k resistors did the trick! Pool sharks is back in action. Now time to give the filthy pig a bath.

#40 4 years ago

It has begun...

F1ACC32C-8285-4D69-90CA-B702E8FB53B7 (resized).jpegF1ACC32C-8285-4D69-90CA-B702E8FB53B7 (resized).jpegFA655FC7-1634-4844-9B7B-E18EFD59AE64 (resized).jpegFA655FC7-1634-4844-9B7B-E18EFD59AE64 (resized).jpeg45D4D656-E7FE-4476-B217-6097F914BE37 (resized).jpeg45D4D656-E7FE-4476-B217-6097F914BE37 (resized).jpeg
#43 4 years ago

Got it all back together nicely. This pic is during wax. My mylar is effed up bad, like creased in spots. I want to remove it but I know thats not worth it really. Playing fast, legs all the way up in the back.

The backglass is at my office, ill have it soon. Ran out of warm leds....man cool looks so bad in this game.

Question.

How much does your sharks mouth move when he talks? Mine seems to flail and barely move.
CCCB700F-5144-450E-B938-49F8232A6DD8 (resized).jpegCCCB700F-5144-450E-B938-49F8232A6DD8 (resized).jpeg

D43ACF4C-B06C-4894-80F1-E53A21EBBD5F (resized).jpegD43ACF4C-B06C-4894-80F1-E53A21EBBD5F (resized).jpeg
#44 4 years ago

Marco has the oem carrot style flipper bats...might change mine out when I do the flipper rebuild. Mine are strong though, so it may be a while.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9592-5

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Gillen:

My bottom mouth is broken at the hole so at times it doesn't fit properly but it still works. Did a video so you can compare.

Thank you for that! Yours moves great. Can I ask, is that nut that attaches his jaw tight? Mine was craay loose, and I snugged it up, then backed it off so it was able to pivot. Im wondering if the spring on the coil isnt tight enough any more.

#48 4 years ago

Looked around for apron cards. Most were blurry photoshops so I went and redid all the art. What do you guys think? Feedback welcome. Still a WIP, be kind...
Pricing Card v2 (resized).jpgPricing Card v2 (resized).jpg

#49 4 years ago

Other card....not totally sure I like them both being bordered or not yet...

Instruction Card v1 (resized).jpgInstruction Card v1 (resized).jpg
#52 4 years ago
Quoted from Gillen:

Do it border less. Other than that they look absolutely great. Would love to get them when done. If you keep the border I am gonna keep asking for your psd-file.
Oh, change the "Music/Sound: Paul Heitsch. Robin Seaver" to "Music/Sound: Paul Heitsch, Robin Seaver". Comma ftw.

Cool thx.

Psd...this is ai foo!

I think youre gonna like the border when its on the machine. I need to touch it up a little and get it printed.

1 month later
#60 4 years ago
Quoted from Gillen:

Anyone know what bats game originally shipped with? My game came with white bats when I bought it but the flyer seems to show ribbed yellow bats. When I check the manual it says 20-9250-5 which are standard White Williams...
I'm working on my Pool Sharks, I have my play field totally stripped, will remove bubbled mylar, do some minor painting and later clear coat. Worth every second because this game is great! Just wish I could find some new side decals.

I was going to do white ribbed bats on mine before I sold. I didnt think the yellow really tied in, but I did like the way the ribbed flippers looked on this game.

Quoted from RipleYYY:

hard to say about original bats with this game...
anyway, if its too easy for you, than "standard" bats, if to hard than "carrot" ones
and having some interest in this pin, just 1 ask to PS owners : can you, in the setup, change the left lane always giving something in mystery ? and if yes, how is this working than ?
as that's a prob for me, feeling (never really played this game in real) this pin becoming a "1 shoot only" pinball !?

1 shot? Not at all.

The left shot is for mystery as you mentioned, but it is also for the trick shot 3m count down jackpot that starts when you have gotten all the balls.

There is another shot to the left of the right ramp that is for the normal jackpot once you spell CUE twice and get the hammerhead targets on the right.

I found this pin to be pretty fun when set at MAXIMUM angle. Legs all the way up in back and all the way down in front. My friends did not, but I sure did.

9ball is THE game. 8ball is for the kids and noobs. 9ball you HAVE to hit the drops in order to get the balls. 8ball is just a free shoot of anything.

Didnt really WANT to sell this game based on gameplay, but I had another game I was on path to getting after selling my t2, buying sharks, fixing up sharks, and selling it. I got where I wanted. I also didnt care much for the big boobied ladies that make no sense at all.

I made these cards and the guy who bought my game printed them. I think he printed them at a drug store so they messed up the dimensions a bit and cut off the top and bottoms with a 4x6 standard print.
6E5A6ADB-D690-4A61-82D5-6F7BF20B9776 (resized).jpeg6E5A6ADB-D690-4A61-82D5-6F7BF20B9776 (resized).jpeg

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from Gillen:

They look great. Any chance I could get a copy of your .ai-file? Need to print new ones as well, may also translate the rules.

Ya, no problem. Some time by the end of week. Still at hospital with new baby...lol

Whats weird is I used the dimensions I found on a site that documented instruction card sizes. Not sure if I went wrong or if the printer skewed the dimensions.

#66 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Actually the jackpot lights when you complete all 3 sharks. They will light up as you finish them.

My card says “make CUE 3 times, 3 chalk targets, and a rack light HOT SHOT ALLEY.

Granted, CUE spots a shark I believe. We are both right I think.

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from Gillen:

Congratulations, that's wonderfull. No rush. Take care!
I even had to donate to reply since Pool Sharks is now a hot topic!

HA! Is that how it works now? Wow!!

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

There was a nice one for 1500 a little but back here on pinside. Need to pick one up.

You mean mine?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-pool-sharks-6

dozer1 has it now as you can see.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

I do believe the seller included that plastic in the coin box. Maybe he forgot to put it on when he shopped it out or something. At any rate, good eye sir. I will have to get that on there.
On another note. A gentleman in Russia made plastics for Transporter The Rescue. I do not know for sure if he would want to embark on another plastic making adventure, but I could ask him. This could be one of those titles that would not sell enough sets to ever get them made through planetary or CPR. Is there a need for plastic sets for Pool Sharks? Would just the slings and drop target plastics be enough?

I took that chick out and shes in the coin box, you are correct.

The theme is sweet, sharks and pool. Then they added some embarrassingly sexy ladies to the back glass and plastics for some unknown reason. Imagine if this game was all sharks. Even sexy sharks would be cooler than mixing humans and cartoon sharks.

Any ways, I had my daughters bday party while I owned this game and I was super embarrassed by the chicks on the back glass. So I made them little scuba suit cover ups for the party, and when I shopped it I took the chick from the middle out too.
0C5FE593-7F25-4253-88E3-846063D8629A (resized).jpeg0C5FE593-7F25-4253-88E3-846063D8629A (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chitownpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pool-sharks-where-are-you?tu=chitownpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.