IMG_8639 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8638 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8637 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8636 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8635 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8631 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8630 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8633 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tomass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 4 years ago

I love mine. Just got it set back up after being folded up for a while.

#42 4 years ago

We need to get a scan of all the plastics in a flat format for this game. We could get cpr to make them and we would be responsible for heating and bending. I am missing that left ramp one and have some broken pieces. Would love to have a full repro set.

1 month later
#56 4 years ago

Mine has yellow ribbed flipper bats, fwiw.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

hard to say about original bats with this game...
anyway, if its too easy for you, than "standard" bats, if to hard than "carrot" ones
and having some interest in this pin, just 1 ask to PS owners : can you, in the setup, change the left lane always giving something in mystery ? and if yes, how is this working than ?
as that's a prob for me, feeling (never really played this game in real) this pin becoming a "1 shoot only" pinball !?

I don't consider this a 1 shot game at all. Quite the opposite.

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I was going to do white ribbed bats on mine before I sold. I didnt think the yellow really tied in, but I did like the way the ribbed flippers looked on this game.

1 shot? Not at all.
The left shot is for mystery as you mentioned, but it is also for the trick shot 3m count down jackpot that starts when you have gotten all the balls.
There is another shot to the left of the right ramp that is for the normal jackpot once you spell CUE twice and get the hammerhead targets on the right.
I found this pin to be pretty fun when set at MAXIMUM angle. Legs all the way up in back and all the way down in front. My friends did not, but I sure did.
9ball is THE game. 8ball is for the kids and noobs. 9ball you HAVE to hit the drops in order to get the balls. 8ball is just a free shoot of anything.
Didnt really WANT to sell this game based on gameplay, but I had another game I was on path to getting after selling my t2, buying sharks, fixing up sharks, and selling it. I got where I wanted. I also didnt care much for the big boobied ladies that make no sense at all.
I made these cards and the guy who bought my game printed them. I think he printed them at a drug store so they messed up the dimensions a bit and cut off the top and bottoms with a 4x6 standard print.
[quoted image]

Actually the jackpot lights when you complete all 3 sharks. They will light up as you finish them.

#69 4 years ago

My card says “make CUE 3 times, 3 chalk targets, and a rack light HOT SHOT ALLEY.
Granted, CUE spots a shark I believe. We are both right I think.

I think it might be set on hard with those rules. Mine is still factory settings and mine lights with 1 spellimg of CUE.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Please tell me that's not a call out in the game.
Good Grief it is.
Note: I still have never seen or played one.

There was a nice one for 1500 a little but back here on pinside. Need to pick one up.

#76 4 years ago

Yeah, that thing looks nice. And all the plastics. I would do a resto on mine if I could get tbe ones I need.

#79 4 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

I do believe the seller included that plastic in the coin box. Maybe he forgot to put it on when he shopped it out or something. At any rate, good eye sir. I will have to get that on there.
On another note. A gentleman in Russia made plastics for Transporter The Rescue. I do not know for sure if he would want to embark on another plastic making adventure, but I could ask him. This could be one of those titles that would not sell enough sets to ever get them made through planetary or CPR. Is there a need for plastic sets for Pool Sharks? Would just the slings and drop target plastics be enough?

The left ramp plastic is frequently missing. I know at least 3 people who were looking at some point.

#82 4 years ago

My card says “make CUE 3 times, 3 chalk targets, and a rack light HOT SHOT ALLEY.
Granted, CUE spots a shark I believe. We are both right I think.

If you look at the back box, the sharks light up corresponding to the playfield too and jackpot flashes when you light it. Never noticed really.

1 year later
#87 3 years ago
Quoted from Clytor:

Can anyone show me a picture of what the shark jaw actuator wire looks like?

Sorry, mine is not original, but I bent one from a piano wire. I would like to see an original as well.

6 months later
#96 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I have a Pool Sharks! Great competition game. Anyone know if there’s a source for the plastics? Especially the house over the left wireform return?
Thanks!

I know a bunch of us are missing that plastic. They are very hard to come by.

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

jodyg any interest in making this plastic that is above the left wireform return on Pool Sharks?

Would be nice if he made a whole set. Some are not flat though.

#100 3 years ago
Quoted from RobAquinas:

Have you guys set up free play on your Pool Shark? If so, what did you do? I'm trying to reverse engineer this crazy hack to see if I can cure it in a cleaner way.

Its an option in the settings.

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from RobAquinas:

tomass you have to be kidding me. I've never worked on a System 11 and assumed Pool Sharks was one where it was difficult to set up free play. Maybe these home made buttons are for something entirely different. Actually, I just looked a little deeper, and they seem to go to the outhole kicker.
Anyone have an idea why the outhole kicker would need it's own button?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Probably a bad circuit so they hacked it to be able to kick it out. I would assume that the outhole does not fire in solenoid test mode.

#103 3 years ago

Put it in solenoid test mode and note which ones fire and which ones do not.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tomass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pool-sharks-where-are-you?tu=Tomass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.