PXL_20210204_030849800 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210204_023949660 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210204_030902986 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210204_015211941 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210204_014632681 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210204_030902986 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210204_030849800 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210204_030827273 (resized).jpg

There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 1 year ago

Tomass you have to be kidding me. I've never worked on a System 11 and assumed Pool Sharks was one where it was difficult to set up free play. Maybe these home made buttons are for something entirely different. Actually, I just looked a little deeper, and they seem to go to the outhole kicker.

Anyone have an idea why the outhole kicker would need it's own button?

PXL_20210204_023949660 (resized).jpgPXL_20210204_030827273 (resized).jpgPXL_20210204_030849800 (resized).jpgPXL_20210204_030902986 (resized).jpg
#102 1 year ago
Quoted from RobAquinas:

tomass you have to be kidding me. I've never worked on a System 11 and assumed Pool Sharks was one where it was difficult to set up free play. Maybe these home made buttons are for something entirely different. Actually, I just looked a little deeper, and they seem to go to the outhole kicker.
Anyone have an idea why the outhole kicker would need it's own button?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Probably a bad circuit so they hacked it to be able to kick it out. I would assume that the outhole does not fire in solenoid test mode.

#103 1 year ago

Put it in solenoid test mode and note which ones fire and which ones do not.

#104 1 year ago
Quoted from RobAquinas:

I just picked up the most hacked Pool Sharks ever. The GI and back glass turn on when started, and it makes a sound. That's it though. I may need some help with pictures for reference to try and get everything back into place. I'm hoping these 30, 40, and 50A blade fuses didn't cause too much burn out.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I am back home. You still need reference pics for your Pool Sharks ? Let me know and I will post some for ya.

11 months later
#105 4 months ago

Pin-Pilot or anyone out there, I have finally made some progress on this machine. Could you send me some pictures of the under playfield wiring? Maybe four pictures in quadrants will give me enough detail to piece this thing back together.

#106 4 months ago
Quoted from RobAquinas:

Pin-Pilot or anyone out there, I have finally made some progress on this machine. Could you send me some pictures of the under playfield wiring? Maybe four pictures in quadrants will give me enough detail to piece this thing back together.

I am not home right now but will take some pics when I do get home. Should be home Friday morning.

#107 4 months ago
Quoted from RobAquinas:

Something to consider… On pool sharks Wayback in the day, there was a service bulletin. Basically they had assembled the ground braid in the cab wrong from the factory, and in doing so, part of the braid shorted against the voltage for the knocker. So, when the knocker would go off, it would actually blow up the relay on the auxiliary solenoid driver board. When it did that, you would lose it was either the A side or the C side Solenoids. I’ve owned quite a few pool sharks over the years as an operator, plus I love the game for some strange reason lol. But every pool sharks I’ve ever gotten in, I always disconnect the knocker as a preventive measure. You may want to pull that auxiliary solenoid driver board and closely inspect the relay switches on the inside see if any of them were burned or broken. I have had to do this repair on a couple of pool sharks that have past through my hands over the years

#108 4 months ago
Quoted from Guidotorpedo:

Something to consider… On pool sharks Wayback in the day, there was a service bulletin. Basically they had assembled the ground braid in the cab wrong from the factory, and in doing so, part of the braid shorted against the voltage for the knocker. So, when the knocker would go off, it would actually blow up the relay on the auxiliary solenoid driver board. When it did that, you would lose it was either the A side or the C side Solenoids. I’ve owned quite a few pool sharks over the years as an operator, plus I love the game for some strange reason lol. But every pool sharks I’ve ever gotten in, I always disconnect the knocker as a preventive measure. You may want to pull that auxiliary solenoid driver board and closely inspect the relay switches on the inside see if any of them were burned or broken. I have had to do this repair on a couple of pool sharks that have past through my hands over the years

OMG found it. I love the internet lol

B6F09A73-7DA9-4E99-BFCC-9D3E6A4B358B (resized).png
#109 4 months ago
Quoted from RobAquinas:

Here are some pics let me know if you need anything more.

IMG_5976 (resized).jpgIMG_5977 (resized).jpgIMG_5978 (resized).jpgIMG_5979 (resized).jpgIMG_5980 (resized).jpgIMG_5981 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#110 88 days ago

would anyone trade there pool sharks for my excalibur?

3 weeks later
#111 62 days ago

I know it’s a lot to ask for but can somebody make new roms with a multiball. Is that even possible?

#112 61 days ago

Probably could be done, but wouldn't it be like shooting pool with two cue balls?

#113 61 days ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Probably could be done, but wouldn't it be like shooting pool with two cue balls?

I guess it’s just the game without multiball isn’t as fun for me.

#114 61 days ago

Looks like I’m getting a pool shark, what makes this game fun and what are the strategies.

1 week later
#115 53 days ago
Quoted from pinballboy:

Looks like I’m getting a pool shark, what makes this game fun and what are the strategies.

So did you wind up with a Pool Sharks? Enjoying it so far?

#116 53 days ago
Quoted from dozer1:

So did you wind up with a Pool Sharks? Enjoying it so far?

Picking it up today actually.

#117 53 days ago
Quoted from pinballboy:

9-ball mode has the extra challenge of needing to hit the drop targets in order. For me, it was drops and the hurry up, but I don't really want to oversell it. It might have been one of my least-favorite games I've had.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Boards
PinSound
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
$ 56.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!