Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Gillen
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

0C5FE593-7F25-4253-88E3-846063D8629A (resized).jpeg
6E5A6ADB-D690-4A61-82D5-6F7BF20B9776 (resized).jpeg
pspin (resized).jpg
Instruction Card v1 (resized).jpg
Pricing Card v2 (resized).jpg
D43ACF4C-B06C-4894-80F1-E53A21EBBD5F (resized).jpeg
CCCB700F-5144-450E-B938-49F8232A6DD8 (resized).jpeg
45D4D656-E7FE-4476-B217-6097F914BE37 (resized).jpeg
FA655FC7-1634-4844-9B7B-E18EFD59AE64 (resized).jpeg
F1ACC32C-8285-4D69-90CA-B702E8FB53B7 (resized).jpeg
AEB46BFD-861B-47B7-9C08-338BED862282 (resized).jpeg
DB897581-0EFB-4B5F-867C-CADBBB44A080 (resized).jpeg
738C1796-305E-461B-865D-06AABC58E0D8 (resized).jpeg
Photo Jun 08, 9 39 34 PM.jpg
Diamond Plated Pool Sharks Pinball Playfield.jpg
image-945.jpg

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

Has anyone EVER even seen a Pool Sharks pinball?

Reason I ask is a bunch of people just signed up for the System 11 Club, and not one of them has ever owned, currently owned, or has on their wishlist:

Pool Sharks

What's the deal with that ? Pool + Sharks, what's not to love?

thanks!
MOF

#2 6 years ago

I like my Poolsharks....fun game for a single ball machine.

#3 6 years ago

I own one also Good bang for the buck imo. I need to find couple plastics as mine have cracks in them.

#4 6 years ago

had one, great pin. no multiball but fun shots

#5 6 years ago

Plastics are really hard to come by on this machine.

I was lucky enough to buy the one piece I needed from a guy in Greece on ebay.

#6 6 years ago

I have played one before. I remember enjoying it. Not something you see come up alot for sale though. Not sure how many were made.

Chris

#7 6 years ago

IPDB doesn't show production numbers - I doubt it was very high. Seems overall not really popular. I've never played it though, I would really want to play one before I would put out a real opinion on it. I do like the cabinet and backglass art, though.

#8 6 years ago

I like the mirrored back glass and the ability the choose which game to play at the beginning of the game, either 8-ball or 9-ball.

I also like to long distance ramp shots as well as the drop targets.

Pretty good ball flow.

#9 6 years ago

Keeper pin for me. Great flow, shots, sounds, art package. My friends love it, as do I.

DSCN9985d.jpg

#10 6 years ago

I owned one pretty good game just not a keeper for me, sad story about the designer he was out at a bar called Oinkers (where Pool Sharks might have been on test this is not confirmed) in Chicago and was hit and killed by a car when leaving.

#11 6 years ago

I have an opportunity to get one of these. Maybe I will, lots of love in here so far.

#12 6 years ago

MOF... I have a Pool Sharks. You're in San Fransisco? I'm in Danville, East Bay area. Come on by sometime and play it.

#13 6 years ago

I played one once, at a now-closed bar in Great Falls, Montana. Never seen it before or since. From what I remember, it was pretty fun.

#14 6 years ago

I had heard that a guy I casually knew had some pins in a warehouse I saw he was there one day and stopped in. He had about 5 or 6 including a pool sharks I almost bought it but ended up getting my Mystery Castle for the same money instead ( I hadn't heard of either of them but made the right choice) Its probably still there what are they worth maybe Ill pick it up

#15 6 years ago

It was really like my 3rd/4th machine ever. I was a good noob then, and bought a Gottlieb Monte Carlo and my sister bought a pool sharks at the same time. I really enjoyed the MC, but always wished I had bought the Pool Sharks because I played it at her house all the time and instantly like it way more. A few years later I bought it from her but sold it a couple years after that. If one came up for sale again reasonably, I'd be all for it. You usually see one now and then on ebay in the 1k range. It's just a fun game if you like pool theme pins.

3 weeks later
#16 6 years ago

I have a chance to purchase on for 1K. Is that a good price?

2 years later
#17 4 years ago

I know I'm bumping an old thread, but I picked one of these up today. Have a couple very minor kinks to work out before I start playing it in steed, but it does look like a cool little game. I'd never played one before which was a large part of the reason I picked it up. Only 2,225 units, so definitely not a game you see every day. The mirrored backglass is really cool and I lucked out and got a diamond-plated playfield and nice plastics on this one. Looking forward to diving in on it!

#18 4 years ago

My brother bough one not too long ago. It is a fun game. I don't really miss the multiball to much either. Music is good on this one too.

#19 4 years ago

I have one I'm currently restoring it to playing condition. Warped plastics and ramp. VERY rare game and plastics are pretty much non existent for this game. I am missing the big back board peice of plastic along the back and no body has one. The back glass is MINT and the cabinet is pretty nice too. PHOF here in vegas has one if ya ever wanna play it!

#20 4 years ago

Had one, fixed it up, and sold it. Fun pin, just got old to me after a while so I passed it on. It's still here in Lubbock though so I duess I could go play it sometime if I get the urge to.

#21 4 years ago
Poolsharks.jpg
#22 4 years ago

I have one paid $1250 for it left flipper bat bally right bat Williams guess they where low on parts when mine was built babes on backglass are sweet

#23 4 years ago

It's a fun system 11 game. I recently put in a nos clearcoated playfield in one last year. Looks gorgeous and plays super fast!!!!image.jpgimage.jpg

#24 4 years ago

Kevmad...

You may know this already, your game is a "Diamond Plate" playfield. That's a great find!

I own a nice PS, that I've owned for many years. I purchased another one locally a short while back and swapped a couple parts onto my PS. The guy who purchased it called later that evening and said; "did i know the game I bought (sold him) was a diamond plate". I said no, and told him he got a great buy and a diamond plate too. I never even noticed

I also did that with an early production (promo?) IJ pinball, with metal mini playfield rails, 3 extra lights in speaker display and red light boards. That was early in my collecting days (live & learn).

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

I have one paid $1250 for it left flipper bat bally right bat Williams guess they where low on parts when mine was built babes on backglass are sweet

very unlikely. More than likely someone changed them out. Stock flippers in this pin are yellow regular length ribbed.

#26 4 years ago

The one I picked up was a DP as well. Probably the nicest looking original unrestored System 11 playfield I've ever seen.

Diamond Plated Pool Sharks Pinball Playfield.jpg Photo Jun 08, 9 39 34 PM.jpg
#27 4 years ago

I am thinking about jumping the gun on getting one that I got offered for $350.
The cabinet has some of the decal gone on it. The playfield looks ok. But it is not working, so could be acid damage...

Any advice would be great.

Axl

#28 4 years ago

Are you kidding. Even at 350 euros it's a home run.

1 week later
#29 4 years ago

Hello guys,and I'm one of the proud owners of Pool Sharks pinball,and I have a problem that I miss Backglass completely peeled off and I would like to create a new,so I'd like to ask if anyone of you could scan Backglass ?

Here is my Theme of Restoraton of Pool Sharks...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pool-sharks-restoration#post-1803851

3 years later
#30 62 days ago

Just picked up this pool sharks last night. Batteries were fuzzy, barf.

No damage to the board it seems though.

738C1796-305E-461B-865D-06AABC58E0D8 (resized).jpegDB897581-0EFB-4B5F-867C-CADBBB44A080 (resized).jpeg
#31 62 days ago

Good lord. Get in there with some alcohol and qtips and neutralize that fuzz!!

#32 62 days ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Good lord. Get in there with some alcohol and qtips and
neutralize that fuzz!!

I clipped that whole assembly off late last night so I didnt have any nightmares. Cleaned it up this morning. I think we got a contender!

1 week later
#33 53 days ago

Looks like I need some new fuses. Was going through testing them all and one fell apart in my hands...lol

I have about $300 worth of parts waiting to go into Sharks once I get it booting.

#34 51 days ago

Still sussing out my power supply issues. Got it down to the 39k resistors. Hopefully I can pick some up this weekend and get the displays back up so I can see the error codes.

Looks like the previous owner doubled up rubbers in some areas....weird

Question; What color are the majority of your star posts? I saw a thread with a torn down playfield that had all red. Mine has a combo of red and green.

AEB46BFD-861B-47B7-9C08-338BED862282 (resized).jpeg
#35 51 days ago

2 different rule sets in one game. Great game. Love mine. "Dont poke it..stroke it" Says the shark.... lol

That quote makes everyone laugh. Just plain old system 11 fun. Brian Eddy did a great job.
Very different game with some tight shots.
Always fun though.

#36 51 days ago

All posts are red except the 2 for each drop target set. So 4 green all the rest red.

#37 51 days ago

Fun game. East Coast Vending in Morton Pa gave me one for free years ago.It cleaned up nice and was a real sweet player.Those were the days.I would buy one now if it was local and in nice condition.

#38 51 days ago

I love mine. Just got it set back up after being folded up for a while.

#39 51 days ago

39k resistors did the trick! Pool sharks is back in action. Now time to give the filthy pig a bath.

#40 50 days ago

It has begun...

F1ACC32C-8285-4D69-90CA-B702E8FB53B7 (resized).jpegFA655FC7-1634-4844-9B7B-E18EFD59AE64 (resized).jpeg45D4D656-E7FE-4476-B217-6097F914BE37 (resized).jpeg
#41 49 days ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

It has begun...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Lovely. Picked up a Pool Sharks yesterday so following!

#42 49 days ago

We need to get a scan of all the plastics in a flat format for this game. We could get cpr to make them and we would be responsible for heating and bending. I am missing that left ramp one and have some broken pieces. Would love to have a full repro set.

#43 48 days ago

Got it all back together nicely. This pic is during wax. My mylar is effed up bad, like creased in spots. I want to remove it but I know thats not worth it really. Playing fast, legs all the way up in the back.

The backglass is at my office, ill have it soon. Ran out of warm leds....man cool looks so bad in this game.

Question.

How much does your sharks mouth move when he talks? Mine seems to flail and barely move.
CCCB700F-5144-450E-B938-49F8232A6DD8 (resized).jpeg

D43ACF4C-B06C-4894-80F1-E53A21EBBD5F (resized).jpeg
#44 47 days ago

Marco has the oem carrot style flipper bats...might change mine out when I do the flipper rebuild. Mine are strong though, so it may be a while.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9592-5

#45 45 days ago

How much does your sharks mouth move when he talks? Mine seems to flail and barely move.

My bottom mouth is broken at the hole so at times it doesn't fit properly but it still works. Did a video so you can compare.

#46 45 days ago
Quoted from Gillen:

My bottom mouth is broken at the hole so at times it doesn't fit properly but it still works. Did a video so you can compare.

Thank you for that! Yours moves great. Can I ask, is that nut that attaches his jaw tight? Mine was craay loose, and I snugged it up, then backed it off so it was able to pivot. Im wondering if the spring on the coil isnt tight enough any more.

#47 45 days ago

Not really tight. When I had to reattach it after transport I also snug it to hard, just loosened it a bit so I could move it with my finger without any real force.

#48 45 days ago

Looked around for apron cards. Most were blurry photoshops so I went and redid all the art. What do you guys think? Feedback welcome. Still a WIP, be kind...
Pricing Card v2 (resized).jpg

#49 45 days ago

Other card....not totally sure I like them both being bordered or not yet...

Instruction Card v1 (resized).jpg
#50 44 days ago

Looked around for apron cards. Most were blurry photoshops so I went and redid all the art. What do you guys think? Feedback welcome. Still a WIP, be kind...
[quoted image]

Those are nice. Yeah I wonder what they look like with the border on the machine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 27.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 46.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 40.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 28.00
Playfield - Decals
Magical Productions
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside