Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Tomass
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I am having an issue with my Pool Sharks. When I turn it on it will not kick a ball out on startup. If I push the ball out manually it will play fine until the ball drains at which point it just sits in the drain hole and not kick over. After about a half hour of being powered on it will start to work intermittenly and sometimes stay in the drain hole. By this time a little shake of the machine will make it kick over. After about another 15 min to half an hour, it will play fine with no issue. Maybe of note, the displays start out very weak and unreadable at first and eventually get better after warming up. Any thought on where to start would be appreciated. My first thoughts are one or more capacitor is starting to go out.

#2 6 years ago

Sounds like cold solder joints on boards or weak connectors to boards.

LTG : )

#3 6 years ago

New capacitors on the power supply would be a good start.

#4 6 years ago

I was not able to get any change by putting pressure on the connectors while running. Perhaps I have another power supply board to put in to see if it fixes it. I have a Diner which I think is the same. I also have a Cyclone but that is 11b so I don't think it's the same.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Sounds like cold solder joints on boards or weak connectors to boards.
LTG : )

I stand corrected. After the problem got worse, I got in there with a little more force and got a reaction while pressing the j12 connector on the aux power board. Reflowed the j11 and j12 solder sites and all is working well. Thank you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nashua, NH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pool-sharks-acts-strange-until-warmed-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.