(Topic ID: 212884)

Pool Remodel? Sure why not.

By PACMAN

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).png
    image (resized).png
    thumbnail_123_1 (resized).jpg
    thumbnail_123_1-1 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3294 (resized).jpg
    IMG_3289 (resized).jpg
    20180730_163856.jpg
    46210350 (resized).jpg
    18F3231E-143E-4796-8EDD-E9BFA8542267 (resized).jpeg
    15F0CB58-98F0-4999-B3CC-96C07800B693 (resized).jpeg
    940F9E8C-EB23-473C-8498-86DB4A9061AF (resized).jpeg
    38F8DB3F-BE61-4F87-B6F0-AA6F7D7ED971 (resized).jpeg
    20160715_152359 (resized).jpg
    CIMG0150 (resized).jpg
    CIMG0154 (resized).jpg
    55934_3678717647116_425463905_o (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballlew.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 6 years ago

This looks great! I have my bathing suit ready for the summer Pinball and pool party!

#63 6 years ago

I say you pipe in some natural gas lines so you can have permanent torches going at night....fit right in.

#100 6 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

And he's worried about the price of propane?!

I agree he needs to revisit the cost of them especially being a fan of Indiana Jones. Two would be unreal and so cool and two torches would burn minimul propane...I’m sure 10 gallons would last the summer.

#101 6 years ago
    Quoted from phillymadison:

Pac you should hide some secret images in the rock sculpts. Like a little Pac-Man or Mickey Mouse head like they do in Disney. They even did it in one of the Indiana Jones movies.

My ex neighbors prior house had rock work done by a Disney guy. They said they had lots of hidden stuff in it and that they spent a lot having it done.

#109 6 years ago
    Quoted from PACMAN:

Well, maybe i should revise that. I just know that during the coldest month here it was like $600 to keep the house warm using propane.
    Seeing where i'm at with the project, where would you put the torches?

I think they would look great near your rope bridge personally. You could also just hook them up to individual 5 gallon propane tanks covered in some like theme camouflage.

1 week later
    #121 6 years ago
    Quoted from PACMAN:

Going to try to put back lit LED geode veins through these sections.

That will look awesome

#129 6 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

No, those are the plans for the new back yard.

I suggest a Tiki Torch!

4 weeks later
    #164 5 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Looking good. I wonder is the shotcrete hard to work with? Pretty costly i bet to your pool start to finish , north of 50k?

I remember a former neighbor of mine had told me that they had 250K worth of rock work done for their pool. They said the guy doing it had worked for Disney on their rock work and had hidden stuff in the work (hidden Mickey’s). Unfortunately this was at their former house that they sold before becoming my neighbor. I only saw pictures of the pool and it wowed me...but 250K...Wow.

1 week later
    #199 5 years ago

Yeah this sums up my thoughts that I kept to myself when they told me about it too. Who knows though sometimes people stretch the truth. ?I saw pictures of it only through the local real estate magazine when they sold their house only...although nice I can’t imagine paying that much for the Rock work...I’ll have to see if I can find the magazine I kept and post the ad.

#201 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballlew:

Yeah this sums up my thoughts that I kept to myself when they told me about it too. Who knows though sometimes people stretch the truth. ?I saw pictures of it only through the local real estate magazine when they sold their house only...although nice I can’t imagine paying that much for the Rock work...I’ll have to see if I can find the magazine I kept and post the ad.

I think the mag has been lost...looked where I last had it...anyways PACMAN rock work looks better to me.

1 month later
    #239 5 years ago
    Quoted from PACMAN:

That thing was amazing!!
    Kicked around the idea of going with a pirate theme. It was very tempting but I decided that going with an adventure theme would probably appeal to more buyers down the road when/if it came time to sell the place.

I call dibs when you put it up for sale! That is looking fantastic!

3 months later
    #324 5 years ago

Ever get the crystals installed?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballlew.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pool-remodel-sure-why-not?tu=Pinballlew and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.