By iamabearsfan

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by DBLM
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Blake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 5 years ago

I think 21oz and 62" is the sweet spot. I almost bought a nice Viking cue about 10 years ago when I was playing 3-4 times a week. Until the owner of the pool hall I went too, Van Phans, gave me this bit of advice.
"If your playing in a bar, pool hall or at a friends house for fun, play with a house cue. You will be forced to be better disciplined and focused. When your skills are ready for a money game (not 5,10, or 20 bucks) then get a nice cue."

Its worth noting she was a professional player for over 10 years. Her recommendation if you did want to buy that nice cue...J. pechauer.

Thanks
Blake

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Blake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pool-cue-recommendations?tu=Blake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.