Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by TG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Two years ago I posted this on RGP, and now more than ever its true. The replies in that thread are pretty funny. Thought I'd repost for my friends here on Pinside:

"I can't help but laugh and roll my eyes at the snippets of Hoarders
    I've seen. Poor saps with crap everywhere. They're in denial, they
    have emotional ties to everything ... figurines, paperclips,
    tissues ... used ones, old baloney sandwiches. Sad ... just sad. HA!

.....but now I find more and more that I regret having let go of every
    friggin pin I've sold. Hate it. Hate it so much I've part-sworn never
    to sell another of my pins. And there it is ... I'm becoming a
    hoarder. Downward spiral into an abyss ... not wanting to let go of
    anything. I've arrived. Shit."

Brian

#2 11 years ago

Poof means something els in Australia. But yes I think the best way to go is like BR, get them in and move them out. Keep it fresh

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from mickthepin:

Poof means something els in Australia. But yes I think the best way to go is like BR, get them in and move them out. Keep it fresh

F that!

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from mickthepin:

Funny ... just looked it up.

In the US/UK vocab it's used like "Shazam", "Voila". A sudden occurrence - like in magic.

I think I've really hit my max now ... no really. I can't buy another pin without something gone ... or if I start putting them into storage or friend/family homes. Hmmmmm.....

#5 11 years ago

I'm with you, pinster. Picked up 5th and "last" pin the other day. No more room....but wait a minute, there is that spare bedroom on the third floor.....lol

Damn that Silverball!

#6 11 years ago

Yep ... then there's my home office. I can jam a couple in there!

Hey you're in High Bridge. Did some IT consulting for your school system recently. Great town on the edge of the NJT Raritan line. Great location and big old homes there...

Brian

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

Yep ... then there's my home office. I can jam a couple in there!
    Hey you're in High Bridge. Did some IT consulting for your school system recently. Great town on the edge of the NJT Raritan line. Great location and big old homes there...
    Brian

I have already jammed two into my home office, desperate to have more set up....uug. I can relate. I just thought my passion and excitement would have tempered off some over the years.....it hasn't........

#9 11 years ago

You know...it seems to me that every game I ever bought was the last game I was going to buy.

--Luke...confirmed hoarder, and so out of space

#10 11 years ago

You know, if you need somewhere to house some...I'm sure we could work out an exchange program Except Paragon. I've already got one

Seriously, next time you want to shake up the lineup, we can talk...!

#11 11 years ago

Which reminds me...once Xenon is back together I'm going to look to part with her!

#12 11 years ago

I've got two in my office/shop and three in the garage.

As soon as I get rid of the enormous paper cutter that takes up a ridiculous amount of space I can bring the others in. Getting close to winter, too cold in the garage!

#13 11 years ago

Oh, and small world pinster. I've been out here for about 19 years now.

My wife works in the school system, in special Ed.

#14 11 years ago

Hitting close to home with this subject. I'm good about getting out the old and donating household goods, but with pinball I have old flipper bats and 44bulbs I've pulled from machines stored.

#15 11 years ago

I have room for 4 pins... and own 15! Come on over to the dark side, heh heh!

Todd

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poof-im-a-hoarder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.