Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Langless28
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

24christ-span-articleLarge-v3.jpg
    2pac.jpg
    WaterBasedPoly.jpg
    image_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#89 8 years ago

Hey Vid,

I've gone through this thread and the playfield thread and see that the compressor talks sometimes get a bit sidetracked. I need a compressor for other jobs at my new house, but space is at an absolute premium. When looking at different models, I also remembered that a compressor could allow for the 2PAC applications you've detailed. Again though, space. Also if I decide to move forward with a compressor that could be suitable for 2PAC clear jobs, it needs to be portable enough to get to the greenhouse left in the backyard by the previous owners.

You once said that the cheap HF air gun requires 6 CFM @ 47psi. I'm wondering about the outcome if you bend those rules. Enter the example compressor...

http://www.harborfreight.com/21-gal-25-hp-125-psi-cast-iron-vertical-air-compressor-61454.html

This is nice because...
    A) it doesn't cost $1000 and meets the rest of the needs I have.
    B) it can be wheeled up my basement's bulkhead, and out to the greenhouse
    C) it (almost) meets your CFM/PSI requirement and has the Cast Iron construction you favor.

So if I went ahead with this, would it be able to one day clear a playfield if I ever picked up a project that needed it? I'm guessing from the 6CFM, 47psi requirement, the pressure is more critical of the two??? If so, it looks like the above link's compressor would only be providing about 5.65 CFM, not 6.0. Does this just result in a longer application process, or does anything else change (i.e. particle velocity, air gun performance) that makes this a no-go?

Larger air compressors lack the portability (and I don't have a garage ) so I'm seeing if this is a possibility. Thanks!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/poly-vs-auto-clear?tu=yoko2una and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.