(Topic ID: 280778)

Poll...is there an issue with your GNR playfield?

By Dantesmark

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 423 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Off2War
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Hows your gnr playfield doin?”

• Great! No issue whatsoever! 120 votes
    43%
  • Some pooling around my posts. 62 votes
    22%
  • I have chipping and/or missing artwork. 99 votes
    35%

(281 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7883429B-D6E9-416D-B481-5A78BC00AD24 (resized).jpeg
BED3FB18-A03B-4A41-AC54-A3C3AEFEE284_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
8AAB5122-68BE-4A79-A7D1-D7843BEECACD_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
332C5A36-D8B7-4107-931A-7E44C121646A_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
B25DDD26-058E-427B-A4DE-3F360B648ABC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
87EA8309-E194-46AC-BEDE-32FD4C0D7E67_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
2C817C44-ACBC-4D61-A84A-2C188E3A9CB1_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
1D3D945A-25C6-4A86-A4EC-DD695FF786BD_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
C1D582D1-CB89-4906-9D69-A76204FBBC9A_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
F1B21E17-C12C-456F-97F9-58BE2E11AE70.gif
33897668-31A4-4E9C-9EA7-4D692E165BE5.png
AA089DCD-BA5D-4BFF-9D14-00B46F8577A1 (resized).png
D48898A9-F9BC-4EE7-9CCB-A3F141CAF1E8 (resized).jpeg
1DC8275D-3AA4-4909-AD0C-EDB0E15D0DFA (resized).jpeg
275F917A-7452-4747-AB27-C6F2B3409F1C (resized).jpeg
EgoV.gif

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #40 Another good pic of the pooling concern Posted by TheGunnett (3 years ago)

Post #42 Another key pic of the issue Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #52 A key answer to the record disc problem Posted by Yelobird (3 years ago)

Post #66 A good overview of suggested fixes. Posted by Sako-TRG (3 years ago)

Post #92 Another well documented pooling issue with pics Posted by Coolpinballdino (3 years ago)

Post #102 Another well documented clearcoat issue. Posted by Tdavis7965 (3 years ago)

Post #161 To be fair, a success story of not issues with pics. Posted by Procrastinator (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 3 years ago

The op needs to add an option that I don't have a game so u can see the results

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Or the big button that says "view results."

OH .... thanks

#85 3 years ago

As another PinSider stated earlier the only way to try and get ahold of this issue is to make Mirco responsible for paying for new populated play fields. The guy is pretty arrogant and confident in his product so make him put his money where his mouth is. This is the third title in a row where this has happened, which is totally inexcusable. My guess is JJP is pretty pissed about this issue, but they have no other suppliers. Adding those shitty looking washers isn't a viable long term solution.

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Old and not funny anymore

Kinda funny !

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

So 90 people out of the 100 or so GnR machines that are out in the wild, partook in this poll....INTERESTING!

yea the data on this poll is total BS....OP was well intentioned, but there's way to many Stern Fan boys or JJP haters voting...theres probably 150+ GNR games in the wild, and my guess is less than 50% of those owners even visit PinSide let alone vote so clearly the vote is bogus.

#144 3 years ago
Quoted from BallPin:

100 LEs from launch and they just started shipping SE's last week, so lets say 150...Wouldn't say "WAY MORE". Also according to Pinside ownership data, it states 122 people have LE's and SE's in their collection...I don't know how much I trust that number, because it also says 55 people have a CE in their collection. So I highly doubt 90 people own this machine and took part in the poll. Even so, 40 of them have issues, but yet only see like 5 machine or maybe 6 at this point with pictures.

All that means is many people added the CE/LE/SE in the collection, however haven't received the game. I'd be shocked if more than 50% of owners even come to PinSide let alone vote in a poll...the only thing one can surmise is that the problem isn't fixed, and there are still bad play fields leaving the factory. My guess its less than 10, which is still too high.

#152 3 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

What?
Why would they do that, if they don't own a GnR what's to be gained by fake polling?
Also I don't care who the company is or how few machines are affected, if people pay this kind of money they should be allowed to voice their concerns.
Flabbergasted

Look at the data .... its BS....100 people voted with probably 150 games in the wild....zero chance 60-70% of owners are on PinSide...

#153 3 years ago

Listen shit happens in Pinball...games are very complex....what I really care about is how the manufacturer responds to fixing the customers issue. So has anyone with a problem heard back form JJP?

#170 3 years ago
Quoted from protectors:

We got our SE yesterday. Unfortunately there were these black plastic washers installed under the slingshot posts. Looks not really nice so we thought of an alternative.
We have produces a laser cut 2mm plexiglas which can be installed under the posts - from our point of view it spreads the pressure better than those washers.
It fits perfect with a playfield protector.
At this time we can not really tell if it helps but we keep you posted.
If wanted we can offer this solution but without any waranty regarding an improvement and also without any waranty regarding potential playfield damages.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Clever....be interested to see if pooling occurs around the perimeter of the plexiglass

#174 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Looks good, though you probably want to make the perimeter of the plexi a little bit bigger so it covers more area than the post itself

Hows your play field look?

#177 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

There is a lot of JJP fans voting as well because when this thread was spoken of in the G&R is hear thread the votes for no issues took a big jump

Possibly? My guess is most games don't have issues, but a few clearly have problems. What I care about is what JJP is doing to help those customers? Are they silent on the issue? Have these customers contacted JJP?

#194 3 years ago

Come on man...the guy doesn't own a JJP game, has never owned a JJP game, and has no interest in JJP's GNR yet trolls the thread.....clearly he works for Stern

#197 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

It is just that I have always felt that people who spend $10,000 on a game are dumb-ass JJP themes also suck their best game is about a phone some day I may own a standard but this is not the day and neither will Toy story another lame ass theme

Clearly u feel that way...so why do you troll these threads?

#230 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

Anyone submitted their claim to JJP, and received a reply with solution? I did a couple weeks ago, with pictures... still investigating.

Good question.....how is JJP responding to these issues

1 month later
#309 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

For those of you whe thought the issues were gone check the Bluetooth thread. "Well.... We had our audio board go bad on our LE GNR and as we are waiting for the replacement we connected a Ion Pathfinder external sub and it sounded AMAZING!!!! Absolutely AMAZING!! So we are playing our hearts out and then the machine reset right in the middle of a song. As it started to start up again we tried to reconnect the Bluetooth and no go, What is going on??" "Hi I had it working on my le but that’s about the only thing that works this pin is a pc of shit junk junk junk broken flipper spring broken flipper button they sent wrong plug back box goes on and off when playing game resets in middle of play leg levelers were in coin box you put the legs on before you get to coin box if ball goes straight down the middle game does not register so you must turn off and back on 10000 with shipping this is junk I got 5 sterns to Chicago gaming one 1979 Bally and no issues ever" There are two separate G&R owners

Whats your point? Shocker that people have issues with pinball games....u must be newbie as I don't care who the manufacturer is there will be issues especially from companies who are trying to add new technical features like BT, or wireless updating.

#311 3 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

The point is in this thread or the Stern and JJP issue thread people were saying it has been quiet are the issues all gone sory if this had been posted in the wrong thread the facts do stay the same though. BT lol not a single issue had to do with the BT

You mentioned BT not connecting in your post! The fact is there are almost always issues with games out of the box. Most are very minor and require simple adjustments. I'm hoping that the MAJOR issues have dissipated i.e. play field problems. Sounds like maybe thats the case, but that doesn't mean it won't happen in the future. JJP is doing a great job with adding technology features, which improve the customer experience. BT is a very nice touch, but the WIFI update feature is awesome....where is Stern on this?

#313 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

JY64 trolls this thread and other threads to try and bash JJP games.
It must make him feel bigger to beLITTLE other people.

Clearly....sounds like he's upset he can't afford a JJP game! His comment was really about a BT problem, which is a new feature and will take some tweaking as they move forward. I comment JJP for adding features that improve the user experience.

4 months later
#346 2 years ago

I'm curious what JJP response has been to the games that have had play field issues?

#348 2 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Free $.02 cents worth of washers. You may or may not have to pay shipping.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Really? I thought I read JJP was willing to buy back games? Maybe that was just a rumor?

#352 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

From what I’ve heard they said they will, but when someone tries to take them up on it, just crickets. I’d like to hear if someone has had their game bought back.
Edit: Bobby Hill beat me by 15 seconds

Thats exactly what I would do if I were in that situation....take it back and replace or give me all my money back, and I'll just buy one on the secondary market.

#353 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Hey, I'd take that free t-shirt.
This is the first time I've seen this poll and can't believe that out of 155 reported playfields, 82 have these problems?!? I am taking the iron/washer approach to the affected areas but now wondering what happens if and when the damage grows beyond the 3/4 in washer. Were the POTC and WW situations exactly like this and if so, did the larger washers prevent further damage? I love this machine and am hoping to play it for years to come, so hoping to find a long term fix.

So I assume u reported the problem to JJP, and they said what? Although I don't have this problem yet its nice to know how JJP handles these situations

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Chaska, MN
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Tulsa, OK
$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 49.99
$ 124.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts
Hardware
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pollis-there-an-issue-with-your-gnr-playfield?tu=ptownpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.