(Topic ID: 280778)

Poll...is there an issue with your GNR playfield?

By Dantesmark

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 423 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Off2War
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Hows your gnr playfield doin?”

• Great! No issue whatsoever! 120 votes
    43%
  • Some pooling around my posts. 62 votes
    22%
  • I have chipping and/or missing artwork. 99 votes
    35%

(281 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7883429B-D6E9-416D-B481-5A78BC00AD24 (resized).jpeg
BED3FB18-A03B-4A41-AC54-A3C3AEFEE284_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
8AAB5122-68BE-4A79-A7D1-D7843BEECACD_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
332C5A36-D8B7-4107-931A-7E44C121646A_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
B25DDD26-058E-427B-A4DE-3F360B648ABC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
87EA8309-E194-46AC-BEDE-32FD4C0D7E67_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
2C817C44-ACBC-4D61-A84A-2C188E3A9CB1_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
1D3D945A-25C6-4A86-A4EC-DD695FF786BD_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
C1D582D1-CB89-4906-9D69-A76204FBBC9A_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
F1B21E17-C12C-456F-97F9-58BE2E11AE70.gif
33897668-31A4-4E9C-9EA7-4D692E165BE5.png
AA089DCD-BA5D-4BFF-9D14-00B46F8577A1 (resized).png
D48898A9-F9BC-4EE7-9CCB-A3F141CAF1E8 (resized).jpeg
1DC8275D-3AA4-4909-AD0C-EDB0E15D0DFA (resized).jpeg
275F917A-7452-4747-AB27-C6F2B3409F1C (resized).jpeg
EgoV.gif

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #40 Another good pic of the pooling concern Posted by TheGunnett (3 years ago)

Post #42 Another key pic of the issue Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #52 A key answer to the record disc problem Posted by Yelobird (3 years ago)

Post #66 A good overview of suggested fixes. Posted by Sako-TRG (3 years ago)

Post #92 Another well documented pooling issue with pics Posted by Coolpinballdino (3 years ago)

Post #102 Another well documented clearcoat issue. Posted by Tdavis7965 (3 years ago)

Post #161 To be fair, a success story of not issues with pics. Posted by Procrastinator (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sako-TRG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 3 years ago

I’m not bothered about mechanical issues - easy fix like most pinball issues.
Playfield or cab issues are a nightmare.
Washers are the smoking gun here!

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

This is probably also connected to the availability issue.
They cant tell you when you get your game, cause they cant tell you when this get sorted.
It's an enigma. Spooky sorted this problem almost right away and ap has never had it?
Stern doesnt seem to care, since their customers are apple'esque.
Then you have jjp, who had this problem for four straight games and how many years?
It recked the initial sale/rumour on wonka, and here we go again.....
Why is this company loyal to mirco? Are they deadset on bellying up?

If they haven’t sorted it by now through all the POTC + Wonka fiasco, it makes you wonder. I honestly think they thought these issues were behind them but alas.... have been caught unaware. Now it’s in front of them, staring them squarely in the face, bearing all the hallmarks of a company knowing the issues exist but looking for the easiest fix without hurting production.
I believe they have made the business decision to carry on regardless.
Potential reasoning behind this:
1. Is this pharmaceutical or military grade equipment with zero tolerance for manufacturing issues? No
2. Damage limitation ? A few moaners from middle aged men with expendable income - big deal! Worse case - phone call from Jack and an unpopulated playfield - good to go!
3. Will it really impact our bottom line - well going by Wonka + POTC - peeps still bought the titles regardless - this is a bigger theme - the mugs will keep buying....
4. Can we be held accountable? - The warranty is underwritten - normal wear and tear ball bouncing off wood will obviously cause damage, hard to prove otherwise.

Decision with minimum impact on manufacturing?
- Rubber washer (hide damage)
- Incommunicado (No admission of issues)
- Continue production

I sincerely hope more is going on in the background though to resolve as it’s the greatest title.

#89 3 years ago

Things is....German manufacturing is well built and has a reputation for quality.
This guy from Mirco is bringing Deutschland into disrepute..... he needs his countrymen to get over there to offer some motivational assistance..... if you know what I mean

1 week later
#235 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

From today, I follow up on my ticket and quickly received a response “Your’re fine, keep playing. You are on the list, we will address this”

Expect an uplifting call from Jack in around 12 months...
Unpopulated playfield may follow....

#239 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I am ok with that. Play the shit out of your game and then if you want to sell it with a new playfield, easy sale. If you want to keep it you can get the new playfield clearcoated properly by a playfield restorer and fit to have a new game again

Yes, it’s better than nothing I guess.
Not many people have the clear coat skills this side of the pond though.

#241 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

No chipping at this point, mainly pooling around the posts..........this is my first pin so not exactly sure what to expect.

Crickets

#243 3 years ago
Quoted from Tdavis7965:

Few pics after 500 plays at home... time to replace the rubber
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My NIB IMDN is pooled on every post like a tsunami, far worse than your GnR.... but the main difference is......it’s rock hard stable.
Your GnR clear looks like it’s lifting.

#249 3 years ago

^^^^^Meanwhile JJP still posting sh^t on Social media - FB promoting t-shirts and blankets ffs.... why don’t they invest their time into the problems at hand, merchandise can wait.
This poor sucker buys his first pinball machine and gets a Playturd TM.
My temperatures rising

#252 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

You really want their social media coordinator working on playfield issues lol

Lol..... not what I meant...however we know who authorises the Social Media coordinators posts for the merch advertising etc....
It’s bad judgment/timing on JJPs part when there are other more pressing matters.....is what I’m insinuating.
How about an authorised communication from them saying “we’re working on it” rather than them just deleting posts they dislike about Playturds TM which seems to be the only involvement from the SM Coordinator ref the issues.

Get some form of communication out...
I don’t care how many pats on the back they give themselves or hoodies they advertise after that, knock yourselves out!

#267 3 years ago
Quoted from rwalters21:

Thank u, ill check it out in the AM.

Whats the record disc made of, is it plastic or metal?
Just trying to gauge how it’s gonna look later down the line..... after a bunch of plays.

1 month later
#292 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

There’s been a lot of LE’s and SE’s shipped out to over seas and in the states I’m thinking the problem was mainly in the first single batch of four batches and the new playfields are better!

That must be that ship that's permanently at sea, so to speak.
Nothing arrived in UK.
Nothing wants to go to Europe with the 25% so they must be going to Oz.

I hope the PF issues have vanished for good so we can all relax.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sako-TRG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pollis-there-an-issue-with-your-gnr-playfield?tu=Sako-TRG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.