(Topic ID: 280778)

Poll...is there an issue with your GNR playfield?

By Dantesmark

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 423 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Off2War
  • Topic is favorited by 39 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Hows your gnr playfield doin?”

• Great! No issue whatsoever! 120 votes
    43%
  • Some pooling around my posts. 62 votes
    22%
  • I have chipping and/or missing artwork. 99 votes
    35%

(281 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7883429B-D6E9-416D-B481-5A78BC00AD24 (resized).jpeg
BED3FB18-A03B-4A41-AC54-A3C3AEFEE284_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
8AAB5122-68BE-4A79-A7D1-D7843BEECACD_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
332C5A36-D8B7-4107-931A-7E44C121646A_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
B25DDD26-058E-427B-A4DE-3F360B648ABC_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
87EA8309-E194-46AC-BEDE-32FD4C0D7E67_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
2C817C44-ACBC-4D61-A84A-2C188E3A9CB1_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
1D3D945A-25C6-4A86-A4EC-DD695FF786BD_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
C1D582D1-CB89-4906-9D69-A76204FBBC9A_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
F1B21E17-C12C-456F-97F9-58BE2E11AE70.gif
33897668-31A4-4E9C-9EA7-4D692E165BE5.png
AA089DCD-BA5D-4BFF-9D14-00B46F8577A1 (resized).png
D48898A9-F9BC-4EE7-9CCB-A3F141CAF1E8 (resized).jpeg
1DC8275D-3AA4-4909-AD0C-EDB0E15D0DFA (resized).jpeg
275F917A-7452-4747-AB27-C6F2B3409F1C (resized).jpeg
EgoV.gif

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 423 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
#401 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

They are not.
Too many people paid cash for their deposit... and they are now claiming those deposits are not refundable.
So people are left to gamble and hope for the best... or loose that deposit.
IT appears that many in this thread; including you are unwilling to send a clear message.
Demand order cancelation. Demand a refund of your deposit. Take JJP to small claims court for the deposit if you can't get the credit card to refund your deposit.

You're rallying against the vast majority of us who are patiently waiting impatiently for their game to ship or the ones who have already received it and are enjoying playing it .. I don't bet you can find anybody who is feeling stuck with a non refundable early deposit... The only thing they're Stuck with is making a profit if they choose to sell it.

#402 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

You're rallying against the vast majority of us who are patiently waiting impatiently for their game to ship or the ones who have already received it and are enjoying playing it .. I don't bet you can find anybody who is feeling stuck with a non refundable early deposit... The only thing they're Stuck with is making a profit if they choose to sell it.

I have a friend who after seeing my playfield falling apart that is ready to walk away and lose a $1000 rather than deal with the head aches of owning this pin. I bet he's not the only one. With 5000 being produced I doubt there will be any profits to be made once the majority of these machines are out there with problem playfields.

#403 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I have a friend who after seeing my playfield falling apart that is ready to walk away and loose a $1000 rather than deal with the head aches of owning this pin. I bet he's not the only one. With 5000 being produced I doubt there will be any profits to be made once the majority of these machines are out there with problem playfields.

Shame to take a loss. He should not open it then and sell it nib. It will sell. They all do.

#404 2 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

I have a friend who after seeing my playfield falling apart that is ready to walk away and loose a $1000

*lose.

Loose means "less tight."

Sorry to be pedantic on grammar but this one is a hill I am willing to die on.

#405 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Typical Skewed poll, don't be so gullible.

I have seen these issues first hand on pirates in my arcade, plus an inordinate quality issues on many of their machines. Since people keep buying them, they don’t seem inclined to address quality. This poll and the many documented photos of issues and lack of response from JJP have me steering clear of their games . . .

#406 2 years ago

Zero issues with my GNR LE playfield May build date and PETG washers and full Cliffy protectors installed before a single game was played. One of the most amazing pins ever, so addictive!

#407 2 years ago
Quoted from PrinzFred:

I have seen these issues first hand on pirates in my arcade, plus an inordinate quality issues on many of their machines. Since people keep buying them, they don’t seem inclined to address quality. This poll and the many documented photos of issues and lack of response from JJP have me steering clear of their games . . .

With a collection your size, you won't miss it. This is my first and only, and I'm not a collector but I'm very handy, so this high maintenance isn't anything that bothers me.

#408 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

With a collection your size, you won't miss it. This is my first and only, and I'm not a collector but I'm very handy, so this high maintenance isn't anything that bothers me.

I run an arcade and when these machines are down more than playable coupled with the higher cost, that does not make for a great game for location. Pirates was broken almost every week with a different issue (and the playfield is chipping and pooling) and don't get me started with the WOZ light board design error. From patrons that own GNR, the issues are not limited to the playfields, and that doesn't surprise me based on past history.

#409 2 years ago
Quoted from PrinzFred:

I run an arcade and when these machines are down more than playable coupled with the higher cost, that does not make for a great game for location. Pirates was broken almost every week with a different issue (and the playfield is chipping and pooling) and don't get me started with the WOZ light board design error. From patrons that own GNR, the issues are not limited to the playfields, and that doesn't surprise me based on past history.

I personally found GnR bulletproof reliable (compared to the complexity of POTC). For a route most won’t notice or care about pooling or a washer unless they are Pinsiders. I would bet it brings in some heavy revenue.

#410 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Zero issues with my GNR LE playfield May build date and PETG washers and full Cliffy protectors installed before a single game was played. One of the most amazing pins ever, so addictive!

How many plays do you have on it? Over 200?

#411 2 years ago
Quoted from Gattiman:

How many plays do you have on it? Over 200?

Less than 200 plays, but have been playing the crap out of it. Will inspect things soon and see if anything develops. I’ve been really surprised at how durable my GNR LE is so far. Not a single issue, I guess I’m one of the lucky ones.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#412 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

the days of making a profit on an SE or LE are over. CE's still might get a bump.

#413 2 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

the days of making a profit on an SE or LE are over. CE's still might get a bump.

This game is not gonna make me a profit after the EU tariff i had to pay in february but i don't care because i don't think it will ever leave my house. I love it!!!! There is a bigger chance of putting another machine next to it before i let go of my LE. Still waiting for Lior's topper to be revealed and will probably order it as fast as possible.

#414 2 years ago

I’m at around 125 plays on my May build and noticed some pretty good pooling on the troubled posts. I was able to carefully iron down the pooling and install the PETG washers as described. Sucks, but I’ll keep an eye on the other posts and fix at any sign on pooling. I put a small silicone washer on top the PETG washer to try to eliminate some of the pounding this post takes. Thankfully people are reporting good results with the PETG washer fix. Sucks, but man is the game frigging fun to play!

7883429B-D6E9-416D-B481-5A78BC00AD24 (resized).jpeg7883429B-D6E9-416D-B481-5A78BC00AD24 (resized).jpeg
#415 2 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

Those days haven't started yet, unless you got it on the original price then you got money in your pocket.. You can sell at cost easily now, but once production stops end of next summer the market prices will go up. Especially for one that's been taken care of.
They won't drop. Pins are just going to get more expensive in general as time goes on....GnR will be legendary and considered cheap in the future. Everyone's going to try and create the next GnR, and eventually they will.. can you imagine that? $20k Se/$25k le/$30k CE.... That's how it will play out.. always does. $10k GnR Le in that future would be a Reno project.
Chaka may be on to something if he can keep his nib in his living room for 5 more years.

"Hey remember when...."

4 weeks later
#416 2 years ago
Quoted from Vespula:

They won't drop. Pins are just going to get more expensive in general as time goes on...

And 640k is all anyone ever needs!

It's statements like that remind me why people still haven't made first contact with a more intelligent race.
Unless of course you are a time being and already have a working knowledge of the future.

I for one hope your prediction is dead wrong.
There is NO REASON for a 15k pinball machine... unless it has gold leaf or something.
They exist because people keep buying them.

#417 2 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

There is NO REASON for a 15k pinball machine... unless it has gold leaf or something.
They exist because people keep buying them.

Pins are getting ridiculous, it's true. I love playing pinball but beyond a certain price point it just isn't worth it. (And we're getting very close to that for me)

2 weeks later
#418 2 years ago

I am having very bad pooling on my CE. I am trying to find the post on ordering a replacement playfield. Can anyone point me to the post.
Thanks!

#419 2 years ago

It’s discussed in the CE thread. I think you email JJP and ask to be on the list. You’ll need you’re info/serial

[email protected]

#420 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

It’s discussed in the CE thread. I think you email JJP and ask to be on the list. You’ll need you’re info/serial

Thanks for the quick reply! I just emailed him and requested to be put on the list!
Ed

1 year later
#421 1 year ago

This may have been covered off, I was wondering if there is a brek point where the LE playfields were ok from factory.

#422 1 year ago
Quoted from martymart:

This may have been covered off, I was wondering if there is a brek point where the LE playfields were ok from factory.

Doubt it. I think the playfields are probably coming out of the factory the same today. Godfather will pool too. What's weird is my Hobbit has a perfect playfield.

#423 1 year ago
Quoted from martymart:This may have been covered off, I was wondering if there is a brek point where the LE playfields were ok from factory.

The playfield is made by Mirco, enough said.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 10,200.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
$ 210.00
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mohawk, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk

$ 11,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 109.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,790 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silverthorne, CO
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 40.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 423 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pollis-there-an-issue-with-your-gnr-playfield/page/9?hl=martymart and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.